Dune Novels Facelift

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Hunchback Jack

Dune Novels Facelift

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Looks like DN got a new look.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
DuneFishUK

Re: Dune Novels Facelift

Post by DuneFishUK »

Very minimalist?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

The dumbnovels forum is officially toast!
(Anyone copy any of threads and posts?)

:lol:
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Bugger... like a stubborn skidmark it's still there. :(

VERY well hidden though :P... Probably because it's such an embarrassment.

http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

first off, please don't do that.

it was fun to make folks run & see if Hyppo had actually re-opened Arakeen,
but this is a cruel waste of time. I actually thought for a moment Over There
had been re-vamped. All I see is a re-ordering of the forums. (&BTW, it's either
that shifting-IP thing, or Dunefish's link is magic - I got in w/o proxy. Or, Dunefish's
link is cursed - I got in.)

Then I guess I had some kind of stroke, I actually clicked around & read some posts.

The first post I read was from "Uncle Zip", and the obtuseness & ridiculous spelling
screamed "sockpuppet". Read some more & remembered, nah, these people are just
STOOPID. Thank the little baby j-sus I bailed out before I ran across a post from
Merritt ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

So the only link to the forum is at the bottom in small font that says, "contact forum"? What the fuck is wrong with them? Uncle Mike at it again.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wow, a look that doesn't scream "designed with Netscape Composer in 1999" ... way to go, HLP!

And could they be giving any bigger of a middle finger to Byron? Bottom of the page, in 4-point type? It's clear the HLP has just punted on the idea of forums. Someone there realizes that it's just Byron and three drooling idiots and that nothing of importance will ever be said there.

Back to the design real quick: I'll give them credit for leading with the cover design. Let's face it; that is one fine behind!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

DuneFishUK wrote:Bugger... like a stubborn skidmark it's still there. :(

VERY well hidden though :P... Probably because it's such an embarrassment.

http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and the jury says.......
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0 in /data/17/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/17/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/17/0/142/143/305469/user/310695/htdocs/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I don't know, I rather like it. :P

It's perfect for the website of the Herbert Leech Parasites: ALL FLASH AND NO SUBSTANCE. :laughing:

http://www.ciplex.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the company responsible for the atrocity. I wonder if this was another KJA/Uncle Mike recommendation.

:doh: What am I thinking?! Of course it has to have been: KJA is the one in control! :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SR, sorry, I meant the DN site, not the forum. They've changed the style and layout of the info pages, blog, etc.

I wasn't doing an "arakeen". :)

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Methinks they're having some teething troubles :) Not loading good again... and I think I saw bits of the old site for a second there too :shock: .

I do actually like the new design.. I think they've got a new art bloke at Tor or something: everything since the WOD cover change has been pretty competent, even the TV ad.

They still haven't fixed that god-awful myspace page yet though :lol:

(Media>Images :P )
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

And getting the ass up there nice and big was a good call, too. That onion is so fine it makes my eyes water.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Anyone take a look at Janet Herbert's photos of BoBo and KJA? All I have to say is... ass to ass. :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I still get a "you are banned" with that red planet background.

Did they upgrade to phpbb3?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The forums? Those look exactly the same to me.

(Another middle finger for Byron: "Hey, we're upgrading the whole site ... except for your little corner. Tool."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:I still get a "you are banned" with that red planet background.

Did they upgrade to phpbb3?
Fuck no. It's just as ugly as ever. The dunenovels site has changed though. Looks like all the photos I used to make demotivators are gone, as is Dune Genesis. Maybe I just haven't found it yet. The site's even worse than it was before.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

They've switched over to the Drupal content management system (CMS). The old blogs are missing, as is the Torkos timeline page. Basically everything seems to have been moved or deleted.

WAY TO GO, DUMBASSES!!! :laughing:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Tleszer wrote:Anyone take a look at Janet Herbert's photos of BoBo and KJA? All I have to say is... ass to ass.
Oh, dear. Not a good selection of images.

Also, could one of Byron Merritt's spies please pass along to him that the plural of "photo" would be "photos"? It's not "photo's" ... that would be the possessive.

Or whatever. I mean, hey, it's no big deal at all that the people responsible for a literary legacy cannot use basic English, right?

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
Tleszer wrote:Anyone take a look at Janet Herbert's photos of BoBo and KJA? All I have to say is... ass to ass.
Oh, dear. Not a good selection of images.

Also, could one of Byron Merritt's spies please pass along to him that the plural of "photo" would be "photos"? It's not "photo's" ... that would be the possessive.

Or whatever. I mean, hey, it's no big deal at all that the people responsible for a literary legacy cannot use basic English, right?

Coudn't it be a contraction for "photographs"? :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Those pics are fucking awesome! :lol:

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

"This is obviously some strange usage of the word "awesome" that I wasn't previously aware of."

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

"We adventure hard, so you don't have too!"

you know, for a second there, I felt sorry for them.

Dont worry, it passed.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Those "photo's" are like...um...well...romantic... :lol:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Cheek-to-cheek :?
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The lower left one is just ... creepy.

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks