• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Board Suggestions

    Image
      Bitches, gripes, complaints... post them here

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Postby SandChigger » 11 Jan 2009 08:44

    I saw where Robin H. joined up.

    According to a post over on House Atreides he was going to have some suggestions for this board?

    :?:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Nekhrun » 29 Jul 2009 11:40

    I would like to suggest a tehKJA bot much like Tazbot to post responses occasionally. Also, for Facebook and Twitter comments.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Omphalos » 29 Jul 2009 11:53

    Nekhrun wrote:I would like to suggest a tehKJA bot much like Tazbot to post responses occasionally. Also, for Facebook and Twitter comments.


    Ive been asking for this for years now.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6566
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re:

    Postby Freakzilla » 29 Jul 2009 11:56

    SandChigger wrote:I saw where Robin H. joined up.

    According to a post over on House Atreides he was going to have some suggestions for this board?

    :?:


    Remember his fight with Hypatia over comments for Arrakeen? :lol:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18054
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Re:

    Postby Omphalos » 29 Jul 2009 11:57

    Freakzilla wrote:
    SandChigger wrote:I saw where Robin H. joined up.

    According to a post over on House Atreides he was going to have some suggestions for this board?

    :?:


    Remember his fight with Hypatia over comments for Arrakeen? :lol:


    Should have saved that one. that entire board is gone now.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6566
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Rakis » 29 Jul 2009 11:58

    Nekhrun wrote:I would like to suggest a tehKJA bot much like Tazbot to post responses occasionally. Also, for Facebook and Twitter comments.


    What is that? A sockpuppet?
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Nekhrun » 29 Jul 2009 11:59

    Omphalos wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:I would like to suggest a tehKJA bot much like Tazbot to post responses occasionally. Also, for Facebook and Twitter comments.


    Ive been asking for this for years now.

    With all of the interviews and twitter posts that thing would be fantastic. There is quite a lot of material from which to draw now. Since he hasn't written anything new or original in years now I would challenge preeks to be able to tell the difference between having a conversation with the bot or the hack.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Omphalos » 29 Jul 2009 12:01

    Nekhrun wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:I would like to suggest a tehKJA bot much like Tazbot to post responses occasionally. Also, for Facebook and Twitter comments.


    Ive been asking for this for years now.

    With all of the interviews and twitter posts that thing would be fantastic. There is quite a lot of material from which to draw now. Since he hasn't written anything new or original in years now I would challenge preeks to be able to tell the difference between having a conversation with the bot or the hack.


    Exactly. You could even program it to start off every thing it says with "Im Kevin J. Anderson and I write a lot more books than you squibs."
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6566
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby SandChigger » 29 Jul 2009 19:40

    Omphalos wrote:Exactly. You could even program it to start off every thing it says with "Im Kevin J. Anderson and I write a lot more books than you squibs."

    You mean something like this? ;)

    (He's a bit limited for the moment ... but then so is the original. :P )
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Omphalos » 29 Jul 2009 20:57

    There you go! That's a start!
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6566
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby GamePlayer » 29 Jul 2009 21:27

    And so it begins.... :)
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby SandChigger » 29 Jul 2009 22:02

    Yeah, TAZ basically fooked off into virtual obscurity, so there was no impetus to complete TAZbot Mark II.

    But this ... this could be fun. :twisted:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Nekhrun » 29 Jul 2009 23:27

    SandChigger wrote:You mean something like this? ;)

    (He's a bit limited for the moment ... but then so is the original. :P )

    I like where this is going. :clap:
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby SandChigger » 30 Jul 2009 03:11

    Which one should I work on first, KJAbot or TehKJATwatterbot? :P

    Or just do both at the same time, a little at a time?! :dance:

    Edit:

    Image

    KJAbot says...

    Hi! I’m Kevin J. Anderson and by any measure, I am one of the most popular writers currently working in the science fiction genre.

    It LIVES!!! :shock:

    (Just a few "boasties" for now. :P )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Tleszer » 30 Jul 2009 09:15

    Nice work, Chig. :clap:
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Nekhrun » 30 Jul 2009 10:05

    SandChigger wrote:Which one should I work on first, KJAbot or TehKJATwatterbot? :P

    Or just do both at the same time, a little at a time?! :dance:

    Edit:

    Image

    KJAbot says...

    Hi! I’m Kevin J. Anderson and by any measure, I am one of the most popular writers currently working in the science fiction genre.

    It LIVES!!! :shock:

    (Just a few "boasties" for now. :P )

    I'd say go with the twatterbot first, then we can set up a twitter account for his important updates!
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby SandRider » 30 Jul 2009 11:38

    altho it's probably only average in comparison
    to the wizards who build things on the web,
    I'm constantly amazed at the SandChigger's
    skill & abilities .... but he's funnier that any
    ten net-dorks combined, so bonus ...

    SandRiderBot so I don't have to post myself any more ?
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Tleilax Master B » 30 Jul 2009 11:41

    SandRider wrote:altho it's probably only average in comparison
    to the wizards who build things on the web,
    I'm constantly amazed at the SandChigger's
    skill & abilities .... but he's funnier that any
    ten net-dorks combined, so bonus ...


    Get a room :D

    Yuck, everytime I look at that pic of KJA's disgusting mug I have to stop myself from getting up and pissing all over the monitor. :evil:
    Image
    User avatar
    Tleilax Master B
     
    Posts: 674
    Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
    Location: Desert of New Mexico

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Tleszer » 30 Jul 2009 12:05

    Tleilax Master B wrote:
    SandRider wrote:altho it's probably only average in comparison
    to the wizards who build things on the web,
    I'm constantly amazed at the SandChigger's
    skill & abilities .... but he's funnier that any
    ten net-dorks combined, so bonus ...


    Get a room :D

    Yuck, everytime I look at that pic of KJA's disgusting mug I have to stop myself from getting up and pissing all over the monitor. :evil:

    :lol:

    :!: What if your monitor is into that?
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Rakis » 30 Jul 2009 12:10

    Tleszer wrote:
    Tleilax Master B wrote:
    SandRider wrote:altho it's probably only average in comparison
    to the wizards who build things on the web,
    I'm constantly amazed at the SandChigger's
    skill & abilities .... but he's funnier that any
    ten net-dorks combined, so bonus ...


    Get a room :D

    Yuck, everytime I look at that pic of KJA's disgusting mug I have to stop myself from getting up and pissing all over the monitor. :evil:

    :lol:

    :!: What if your monitor is into that?


    :text-tmi:
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby SandChigger » 30 Jul 2009 12:23

    Who knew Kevin's face would prove to be a diuretic. :shock:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Tleilax Master B » 30 Jul 2009 13:45

    I'm going to put his picture on a new line of urinal cakes and sell them to businesses across America!! :D
    Image
    User avatar
    Tleilax Master B
     
    Posts: 674
    Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
    Location: Desert of New Mexico

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Omphalos » 30 Jul 2009 13:51

    How about those little stickers that they put in urinals so guys aim at them? Put his face on one of those.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6566
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Tleilax Master B » 30 Jul 2009 13:54

    Omphalos wrote:How about those little stickers that they put in urinals so guys aim at them? Put his face on one of those.


    That would work! I'd spend all day here at the office GUZZLING water :wink:
    Image
    User avatar
    Tleilax Master B
     
    Posts: 674
    Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
    Location: Desert of New Mexico

    Re: Board Suggestions

    Postby Rakis » 30 Jul 2009 22:35

    Meh...i would prefer his face on toilet paper...just after eating some spicy chili... :)
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

    cron