Smilies

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

orald, you're reaching and it shows. I didn't drag anything from the Macross Frontier topic into the other forums or threads and I've treated you fairly in all the other topics. Looking at your post above, that's more than I can say for you.

If you can honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me you can't see how anyone would interpret your behaviour in the MF thread as anything but one long continuous trolling affair, you're either ignorant or lying. And quite frankly, you never came across as genuine. You kept the drama going as long as you could without any attempt at reconciliation, all the while putting on your "What, who me?" face.

chanilover is absolutely right about your behaviour. You blatantly play this hardass persona but the minute someone doesn't appreciate it, you go into Mr. Victimized mode. I agree that picking on you is not the solution, but what you're pulling here is testing even my patience with you.

And for the record, there were two answers I provided in the MF thread in answer to your question. But there was no point continuing knowing that you'd just continue trolling (and no reason to answer the other members knowing the conversation would be ruined for the same reason). If you didn't like one theory, you should have asked me about the other one. Or, you should have researched it yourself if you were convinced I didn't know. THAT is what someone genuinely interested in the thread would have done.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

orald wrote:And Spice, look at my count an' weep, sissy typer! 8)
It's your post count that's the problem.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

Robspierre wrote:
chanilover wrote:But Orald, you have a habit of insulting people and when they retaliate you throw your hands up in the air. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

This, yes we like to take the piss out of each other from time to time but you have been in a blatant arsehole mode and people tired of it, you got a taste of your own medicine and rather than pull on your big girl panties and deal you whine and bitch about it. Boo fuckin hoo. Maybe if you did not spend all your time being a dick, people wouldn't get pissed off? Now there's a concept for you.

Rob
Being a dick? Asshole mode? That's interesting. So, does SC's blog or Omph's book reviews make them super-dicks or something? I'm all for bashing P&B, but if you look at it it's nothing more than name-calling.
But then I don't see any fingers turned towards them or all the people complaining about this or that politician in the "president" thread.

Please show me where exactly I've been a dick and attacked someone.
Playfully exchanging mock insults with one another(as in, me and CL calling eachother names- or did you take those as insults, CL? you were giving as good as you got, and more. Or you, Rob, doing that whole kilt thing) does not mean attacking.
CL says I called him a pedo, sure, and he called me this and that and we had a laugh(presumablly, but he didn't complain anywhere).

People seem to misunderstand that if I criticize something and don't immidietly give my own perfect solution to the problem then I'm trolling, or just being negative. Hey, I don't know how to cure AIDS but does that mean I can't say it's probably not a good thing to have?
They also hang on every criticism I put out and seem to ignore when I praise something. Next someone will say I'm trolling the Iron Man thread because I didn't say I liked it myself, only that I'll watch it.

But when I'm criticized for saying something is good, as if I've never said anything is, or accused of trolling a thread because of a simple question(yes, I don't understand how it's trolling. I didn't go and say "oh hell, I hate anime" every post. I only said once that it's not really my cup of tea) then I feel wronged. People are assuming my motives are evil if I dare say I don't like this, or this needs to be improved.

Inhuien's little comment about not thanking him(do I have to spell it out? does "that's much better. :) " not show as "thanks" on his radar?) is just wrong and that was what ticked me off.
What IS your problem with that particular post of mine, Inhuien?

It's the same shit that happened at Haven(and no wonder, half the people here are members there). Do I need to put a smiley face and say everything's A-OK and what a lovely world it is?
GamePlayer wrote:orald, you're reaching and it shows. I didn't drag anything from the Macross Frontier topic into the other forums or threads and I've treated you fairly in all the other topics. Looking at your post above, that's more than I can say for you.
Did I "reach out"? I mentioned this as an example of being thought of as a "dick" and "troll". Did I treat you for the worse anywhere following that thread?
GamePlayer wrote:You kept the drama going as long as you could without any attempt at reconciliation
Drama is it? I ask a question, you answer by saying it's just me who thinks it looks this way(Freak concured with me before your own reply, saying he wondered the same thing), that the Japanese see it a different way(then came SC and claimed they do, in fact, see the same as us, and notice that eye shapes are different).
I asked again because you didn't provide any real answer. Then you said I'm trolling.
So yea, I am, I surely don't care for an answer, if I really did I'd go search a whole field I have no-friggin' clue how to search and come up with an answer. Maybe in a couple of years or so. Jolly me.
I sure wouldn't want to ask people who have been watching the damned thing for years and know what the difference between this or that art style is. Why would I ever want to ask relative authorities in the field?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

So, does...Omph's book reviews make (him a) super-dick or something?
Yes.

C'mon orald. Its the cumulative effect of your aggressive way of participating. Just tone it down a bit every once in a while, and you should be OK. Try not saying something sarcastic in every other post. Or try using that incredible amount of Dune knowledge that you have to create something useful, that everyone will benefit from. Secretly, that is what Ive been hoping to see you do for a long time now. And no matter what, drop the pedophile talk. Nobody likes that at all. Ill be that does wonders for your reputation. Just a few suggestions though.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

orald wrote:anybody know how I can copy the image itself so I can upload it on photobucket and post here? Or someone can just scale it down to smily size I guess.
orald wrote:Inhuien's little comment about not thanking him(do I have to spell it out? does "that's much better. :) " not show as "thanks" on his radar?) is just wrong and that was what ticked me off.
What IS your problem with that particular post of mine, Inhuien?
Do you want me to answer your questions directly Orald? Just wondering as you're speaking about me in the 3rd person. Your almost thank you did indeed show on my radar, as you put it, but then so did the 10 minutes work it took to resize your avatar for your benefit.

You asked, I obliged.
orald

Post by orald »

Funny, in my book my phrasing does mean "thank you", maybe you just need a formal acknoledgement. Thank you for your smiley then.
Omph wrote:Or try using that incredible amount of Dune knowledge that you have to create something useful, that everyone will benefit from. Secretly, that is what Ive been hoping to see you do for a long time now.
Huh? :?

orald

Post by orald »

Seems Photobucket got upgraded and only now I've stopped to upload pics. the new interface is much easier, uploads automatically all the files I select ithout the need for entering their path over and over again.

I don't know where to grab a >_> type smiley or the suspicious *looking both ways* one. Though Arrakeen had those IIRC.

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

You are most welcome, I was at the time happy to help you.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

orald wrote:Did I "reach out"? I mentioned this as an example of being thought of as a "dick" and "troll". Did I treat you for the worse anywhere following that thread?

Drama is it? I ask a question, you answer by saying it's just me who thinks it looks this way(Freak concured with me before your own reply, saying he wondered the same thing), that the Japanese see it a different way(then came SC and claimed they do, in fact, see the same as us, and notice that eye shapes are different).
I asked again because you didn't provide any real answer. Then you said I'm trolling.
So yea, I am, I surely don't care for an answer, if I really did I'd go search a whole field I have no-friggin' clue how to search and come up with an answer. Maybe in a couple of years or so. Jolly me.
I sure wouldn't want to ask people who have been watching the damned thing for years and know what the difference between this or that art style is. Why would I ever want to ask relative authorities in the field?
What is this, an Abbott and Costello rountine? For crying out loud, you're not even trying at this point. Any other person would have given up on you by now and told you off. In fact, several members have already done so and you're still not listening!

Stop dodging responsiblity by hiding behind others. Neither Omphalos nor Freak Z spent three pages posting smack in the MF thread. I know those two are genuine and their behaviour isn't the issue; your behaviour is!

Try looking at your actions through eyes of others. We don't have you sitting in front of us, orald. We can't pick up every non-verbal nuance telling us you're just joking. Once is a joke, twice is funny, three times is stretching it, and after that we've no choice but to take your posts as is: trolling.

Btw, have you gone back and re-read that thread yet, now that the cat is out of the bag and you've been TOLD what you missed? From your reply here, it's clear you haven't. So what does that tell us? How can I or anyone else be expected to take you seriously or give you the benefit of the doubt when you refuse to give a shit?

You have to meet us half way, orald. This isn't going to work otherwise.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: Oraldiarrhoea doesn't know when to stop.

I like a bit of banter, Orald, but the paedo thing was just distasteful.
orald

Post by orald »

You could've said that. In my book there are few enough really insulting words.
That's why I call policewomen "whores" to their faces(seems that's against the law BTW :? ), but that's another story.

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

orald wrote:That's why I call policewomen "whores" to their faces(seems that's against the law BTW :? ).
Who'da thunk it? I figured they would be all for that. :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

I'm merely pointing out the obvious truth, not my fault they don't like it.
The whores. >_>

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

So what do you call Policemen? And why would you be so moved as to address a Policewoman as Whore?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I wondered as well, but decided not to ask. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

inhuien wrote:So what do you call Policemen?
Cupcakes.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yea! :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

chanilover wrote:
inhuien wrote:So what do you call Policemen?
Cupcakes.
Normally I go for the oldie but goldie, Officer.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Here's a wee GIF I've playing around with, thought it would make a nice smiley for the collection.

I tried to make it a bit smaller but you really lost all definition.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Is that the guy from the Young Ones? I saw a couple of episodes a few years ago, it was hilarious.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:Is that the guy from the Young Ones? I saw a couple of episodes a few years ago, it was hilarious.
I used to watch that on MTV. It was pretty good.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

More to come...

Rob
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

More to come...

Rob
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Rob
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

chanilover wrote:Is that the guy from the Young Ones? I saw a couple of episodes a few years ago, it was hilarious.
Spot on, that be Vivian.

That's one fine collection of smileies Rob :)