• Register
  • Login
  •          

It would be nice if...

Bitches, gripes, complaints... post them here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

It would be nice if...

Postby redbugpest » 27 Sep 2009 11:48

There was a way to flag individual posts for follow up...

Re: It would be nice if...

Postby Nekhrun » 27 Sep 2009 12:43

redbugpest wrote:There was a way to flag individual posts for follow up...

Bookmark the post in your browser. Or just look for the ones that have your name attached to them.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby DuneFishUK » 27 Sep 2009 12:52

I think most browsers these days even have one-click-bookmarking. :)
    DuneFishUK

Postby TheDukester » 27 Sep 2009 12:59

Back in my day, it took five clicks to make a bookmark! And we liked it that way!
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    TheDukester

Postby Serkanner » 27 Sep 2009 13:17

TheDukester wrote:Back in my day, it took five clicks to make a bookmark! And we liked it that way!

In my days we had to take a book, open it and mark it .... and we liked it!
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Postby redbugpest » 27 Sep 2009 13:30

Yes, I can bookmark it in my browser of choice, but would be much happier if there were a mechanism to flag them withing the confines of the board itself. Something like the little flag that is used in email systems...

I thought that would be a nice, unique feature.

Postby Mandy » 27 Sep 2009 13:33

Is the bookmark topic thing turned off? I seem to recall something about not subscribing to threads because it overloads the email server.. but if it isn't you can bookmark topics you're interested in and they'll probably be listed in your profile.

EDIT: you can bookmark threads, has nothing to do with subscribing to threads, lol.
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby redbugpest » 27 Sep 2009 13:59

Mandy wrote:Is the bookmark topic thing turned off? I seem to recall something about not subscribing to threads because it overloads the email server.. but if it isn't you can bookmark topics you're interested in and they'll probably be listed in your profile.

EDIT: you can bookmark threads, has nothing to do with subscribing to threads, lol.

The bookmark works, and I do have a few that are marked. Some of them grow in size so fast, though, that it can be a pain in the but to find the post I want, or, if I am going to be away for a bit, I may forget that I wanted to comment on something..

But, thanks for mentioning it :)

Postby SandChigger » 27 Sep 2009 15:37

Yes, let's all bend over backwards to answer the questions of this "member". :lol:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Omphalos » 27 Sep 2009 15:44

There's more than enough here that you no longer have to rely on your diminished mental capacity, Pestie. Quit your bitching and figure it out.
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby Nekhrun » 27 Sep 2009 16:32

Serkanner wrote:
    TheDukester wrote:Back in my day, it took five clicks to make a bookmark! And we liked it that way!

In my days we had to take a book, open it and mark it .... and we liked it!

WE LOVED IT!
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby redbugpest » 27 Sep 2009 17:04

Omphalos wrote:There's more than enough here that you no longer have to rely on your diminished mental capacity, Pestie. Quit your bitching and figure it out.

Who was bitching? I made an observation. Didn't require a display of hate from you. I think you should check you attitude, especially since you are supposed to be a moderator on this board. :naughty:

Postby Serkanner » 27 Sep 2009 17:09

redbugpest wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:There's more than enough here that you no longer have to rely on your diminished mental capacity, Pestie. Quit your bitching and figure it out.

Who was bitching? I made an observation. Didn't require a display of hate from you. I think you should check you attitude, especially since you are supposed to be a moderator on this board. :naughty:

There are boards were you get banned instantly for :naughty: a moderator. Suck it up ass-hole!
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Postby TheDukester » 27 Sep 2009 17:59

redbugpest wrote:Who was bitching? I made an observation. Didn't require a display of hate from you. I think you should check you attitude, especially since you are supposed to be a moderator on this board. :naughty:

You know, fighting The Man doesn't have to include giving the finger-wag to a guy with the power to nuke your account.

I'm just sayin'.
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    TheDukester

Postby SandChigger » 27 Sep 2009 19:51

Oh, but that would be just what he wants, now wouldn't it?

Then he could run back to KJASuckyFanboy Central and tell them how he was banned, even with his new "kinder, gentler troll" approach after his self-imposed exile.

Right, Pestie? :)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby lotek » 28 Sep 2009 06:15

Spice is the worm's gonads.
    lotek

Postby inhuien » 28 Sep 2009 08:38

inhuien

Return to ˱