Theme

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I hope so, I would like to have a few themes and let the user choose the one they prefer.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

fantomas wrote:Why is this ..... thread? so Wide in my screen?
Because of the width of the jpeg I'd guess.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:There are a lot of interesting pictures of White Sands near where I live
Alamogordo? Ruidoso? Cruces?
Cruces! You must be familiar with these parts, huh?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Omphalos wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Can't the forum software handle user-selectable message board themes?
There may be a mod for it. I havent looked yet, but I will. As it is, I do not believe the base package allows for it. One other thing we will be doing shortly is updating the forum software to the current version, which just recently came out. Perhaps it is in that one.
There is a mod for it, Haven used to have that option. I don't know about phpbb3 but I imagine there is.
orald

Post by orald »

I like this default one. :)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Sounds good. I hope the multiple theme feature works smoothly.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:There are a lot of interesting pictures of White Sands near where I live
Very, but I haven't been in Dona Ana in a while. The name of the restaurant where we ate last time escapes me. It was in the old city in Mesilla I think, where the original courthouse was (maybe it was the original Territory Courthouse?). Drove south to the pecan plantations. Very cool. I like it that even in McDonalds you get your choice of green or red. I like red. :D
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

I like black backgrounds, just like my coffee. And the fewer the graphics the better. And NO animation in the graphics, that sucks ass. Just my $0.02.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

How about something like this?

DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I haven't looked at version 3 yet, but this version allows the user to choose their own theme IFF the board-wide configuration is set to allow it.

Then you (Freak) just have to upload the themes into the proper directory and people can do as they please.

Freedom. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:I haven't looked at version 3 yet, but this version allows the user to choose their own theme IFF the board-wide configuration is set to allow it.

Then you (Freak) just have to upload the themes into the proper directory and people can do as they please.

Freedom. ;)
Cool! 8)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleszer, that's a good pic. Something to work with.
~Pink Snowman
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Very, but I haven't been in Dona Ana in a while. The name of the restaurant where we ate last time escapes me. It was in the old city in Mesilla I think, where the original courthouse was (maybe it was the original Territory Courthouse?). Drove south to the pecan plantations. Very cool. I like it that even in McDonalds you get your choice of green or red. I like red. :D
Must've been La Posta! I live just down the street from Old Mesilla.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:

MMMMMM, La Posta's reilleno's :D I'm on NMSU main campus mon-thurs and flee to the mountains around Cloudcroft for my sanity :wink:

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I gotta get a NM case and come visit you guys.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Back on topic... ;)

How about getting Ragabash to upload a simple theme temporarily for testing to make sure the user-based selection thing does work.

(I know the feature is there, but I've never used it, since on all the boards I've managed we wanted the same theme for everyone, distinguished by/for user level.)

(Or I could test it on my site, if that'll work out better/quicker. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Just to highlight the point again, can we ensure that any banner graphics etc are as small as poss (kb wise), to cut down on user and server bandwith.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

This weekend, I will try to find a few ready made ones and have him upload them.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If anyone has any themes they would like to suggest please provide a link.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If so inclined, look through these and tell me which ones make you throb: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:If so inclined, look through these and tell me which ones make you throb: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/
I kinda like "Chronicles".
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
That's it!! What are those puffy pastries they have that you pour honey on/in? those were awesome.

Isn't Cloudcroft about a 16 mile drive up the canyon from Alamogordo? Beautiful country there. Got my picture taken next to the sign that said "Weed 15 miles" (don't remember the actual number of miles heh).
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
That's it!! What are those puffy pastries they have that you pour honey on/in? those were awesome.

Isn't Cloudcroft about a 16 mile drive up the canyon from Alamogordo? Beautiful country there. Got my picture taken next to the sign that said "Weed 15 miles" (don't remember the actual number of miles heh).
We have a town up here in Northern California called Weed too. It not too far away from the town of Cool, but quite far away from Needles.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:If so inclined, look through these and tell me which ones make you throb: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/
Throb? Well, I think you'll need a bit more explicit backgrounds to make me throb. :wink:

I like Aeolus(close to default which is why I like it, lots of other similar templates so I won't mention them if it's not something extraordinary), Apex Gold(nice but a bit hard on my eyes, could adjust though), Chronicles(but the wood part of it doesn't fit here IMO), Jedi Knights(kick out the SW symbols of course), subBlack(kinda like Apex Gold), subInvert(not too bad, but the gold themed ones are better).

IDK if it's been mentioned before, but IIRC in Arrakeen we talked about at least 3 basic concepts for themes- desert(Fremen), red hawk with black(Atreides) and blue griffin(Harkonnen).

I know we'd probably end up with a desert theme, but a bluish, near default version with Harkonnen insignia would be nice, as well as a mostly black with red theme and Atreides insignia.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:Chronicles(but the wood part of it doesn't fit here IMO)
When I saw it I immediately thought of pilingitam:

In the time of the Old Empire and even under the reign of Muad'dib, the region
around the Gammu Keep had been a forest reserve, high ground rising well above
the oily residue that tended to cover Harkonnen land. On this ground, the
Harkonnens had grown some of the finest pilingitam, a wood of steady currency,
always valued by the supremely rich. From the most ancient times, the
knowledgeable had preferred to surround themselves with fine woods rather than
with the mass-produced artificial materials known then as polastine, polaz, and
pormabat latterly: tine, laz, and bat). As far back as the Old Empire there
had been a pejorative label for the small rich and Families Minor arising from
the knowledge of a rare wood's value.

~HoD

Doesn't seem out of place to me.
IDK if it's been mentioned before, but IIRC in Arrakeen we talked about at least 3 basic concepts for themes- desert(Fremen), red hawk with black(Atreides) and blue griffin(Harkonnen).

I know we'd probably end up with a desert theme, but a bluish, near default version with Harkonnen insignia would be nice, as well as a mostly black with red theme and Atreides insignia.
These would only be temporary until I can create custom themes like that. Right now I'm just looking for something better than what we have.
~Pink Snowman