What is Your Profession?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

orald wrote:Argh, I said 8 daily hours, 5/6 days A week, and mentioned January's pay etc. It means all that money for a month's pay.
That's not high, that's quite low. Hence they call it "minimum wage".

Say 1$ US=4 NIS, you get 1000$ per month. So I got closer to 2000$ last month(being Jan's salary).

And while I do agree it's rather low(after all, it is min' wage), I do believe most people are just bitching about their salaries because they don't know how to spend wisely and how to save.

BTW, I meant exclude. I was writing this after my night shift and could barely hold my eyes open at the time. :oops:
2k a month doesn't seem bad, is that for the 5 days a week or 6? I used to make a lot less than that per month working nightshift receiving at homedepot, and I was making roughly 1.5x minimum wage. That's only a year ago too, so not much has changed.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ah, but those were nightly hours, instead of daily. :P
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
orald wrote:Argh, I said 8 daily hours, 5/6 days A week, and mentioned January's pay etc. It means all that money for a month's pay.
That's not high, that's quite low. Hence they call it "minimum wage".

Say 1$ US=4 NIS, you get 1000$ per month. So I got closer to 2000$ last month(being Jan's salary).

And while I do agree it's rather low(after all, it is min' wage), I do believe most people are just bitching about their salaries because they don't know how to spend wisely and how to save.

BTW, I meant exclude. I was writing this after my night shift and could barely hold my eyes open at the time. :oops:
2k a month doesn't seem bad, is that for the 5 days a week or 6? I used to make a lot less than that per month working nightshift receiving at homedepot, and I was making roughly 1.5x minimum wage. That's only a year ago too, so not much has changed.

ya but you probably werent working 8 hour days 6 days a week to get that. full time work getting 2grand isnt great
I was working full time, 5 days a week - not 6, which is why I asked Orald which he was working.

I made roughly 1600 a month (after taxes though, I'd forgotten that, so yes, I was actually making about $1920 before taxes, my bad, still less than orald, but if he was working 6 day weeks obviously that puts me above him), and like I said, I was making about 50% more than minimum wage.

Someone working at min wage full time in BC makes about $1280 a month, so unless we're missing something here Israel has a much higher min wage than BC. :?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, Crucified Jew in a Bucket already. :lol:

For Israel:
approximately 47.5 percent of the average wage, or 3,850.13 Israeli new sheqel per month; NIS 20.70 per hour; NIS 154 per day over a six day week; NIS 177.70 per day over a five-day week, provided that the salary is not less than the basis hourly rate; 70% of the minimum wage for those under 16; 75% of the minimum wage for those aged 16-17; 83% of the minimum wage for those aged 17-18; often supplemented by special allowances for citizens[4][25]
For Canada:
set by each province and territory; minimum hourly wages vary from CAD$7.75 in New Brunswick to CAD$10.00 in Nunavut. Ontario has a lower minimum wage rate for youths ($8.20) and a specific minimum wage for liquor servers set at CAD$7.60; British Columbia has a lower rate (that is, CAD$6.00) for the first 500 hours in the workforce regardless of age; Nova Scotia allows employers to pay a lower wage ($7.60) in the first three months of service of an employee; Québec allows a lower minimum wage for tipped employees; employers under federal jurisdiction are bound by their host province's general minimum wage (i.e. the lower minimums for youths, etc. in some provinces do not apply at the federal level); many more specific adjustments apply by province or territory[13]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mi ... by_country

(So no one has to believe it just because I wrote it. :lol: )
A Thing of Eternity

Okay then, if the converter on google isn't fucked, that =
20.70 Israeli shekels = 6.34664906 Canadian dollars
So that is lower than ours in BC by about $1.65CDN per hour, adds up to about $1178.48CDN per month. Seems our earlier math was fooked, not sure how Orald got 2K out of that.

Thanks Chig!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

One is glad to be of service.

Unless it's a tea service. Or a funeral.

Unless the latter is Hyppo's.

Who no one wants to shtupp. :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

You ever talk to Talos Aquinas lately? I miss that fellow. :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, just yesterday as a matter of fact. He has taken charge over the Open Concordance Project on my website. ;)
orald

Post by orald »

OK, just a few things:

I usually work 7 days a week, meaning I work 30-31 days per month on normal months.

Since the exchnage rate for USD to NIS is currently(at least in this converter I found through Google) 1 USD=4.21 NIS then my calculation is a bit off(since I put it at roughly 4=1, but that was just to make an example), but then again, I did say "almost".
More like 1642.5 at the current rate(1728.75 at a 4=1 rate), after taxes.

That's with working on "holidays"(i.e Saturdays), nights and roughly 1 in 3 days I had 2 shifts per day(morning+night).
All in all I got something like 340 hours I think.

Are you making the math now? Yes, very low. The hourly min' wage is almost 5 USD(4.91), I have no idea how much it's in Canook Dollars. :P

Of course you have to remember that goods' prices vary between countries, so my salary is relative(like all those stupid "zomg ppls in *insert poor third-world country here* r mkaing les then a dolar a day!11).

And CL, you should start it too. Whoring is a better paying job than most, if you don't have to pay for drugs/pimp etc.
Do you have any idea how much I could make off whoring?

Suppose I had just 5 clients a day paying me 200 NIS each(about 50 bucks), and I worked just 20 days a week, that's 20,000 NIS!
That's a very high salary.

So, in conclusion, it's a poor joke, CL, since it's not a joke at all.

P.S This reminds of an article in a newspaper about young male prostitutes who did just that and were making alot of money, but also spending it on shopping etc, kinda wasting it all. Stupid. I'd rather save it.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:Suppose I ... worked just 20 days a week
Verily thou art a more magical Jew than I! :shock:

:lol:
orald

Post by orald »

You should be used to my post-night shift posts by now. :P

And you should also heed to CL's money making scheme.
I hear old, portly dudes are in high demand in, uh...somewhere? :vomit:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Why Cupcake, I am in high demand right where I am. ;)

AND I've got a gaggle of Internet bitches who would just love to get their hands on me. :P

(Dance, bunnies, dance! :laughing: )
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:AND I've got a gaggle of Internet bitches who would just love to get their hands on me. :P
I sense a disturbance in...my stomach.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Me, too.

(I've seen pix of two out of three of them. The face of the third actually breaks cameras. :vomit: )
orald

Post by orald »

Meaning ARCH and the Corrino Bitch?

IDK, IIRC the Bitch wasn't too bad to look upon(from the outside), if that was her real picture. And I think ARCH is what I'd call "average".

That's assuming you did mean ARCH, as I know of the great love between you two.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

orald wrote: And CL, you should start it too. Whoring is a better paying job than most, if you don't have to pay for drugs/pimp etc.

Suppose I had just 5 clients a day paying me 200 NIS each(about 50 bucks), and I worked just 20 days a week, that's 20,000 NIS!

So what are you waiting for? You could give yourself weekends off. Is whoring on the sabbath allowed?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:
orald wrote: And CL, you should start it too. Whoring is a better paying job than most, if you don't have to pay for drugs/pimp etc.

So what are you waiting for? You could give yourself weekends off. Is whoring on the sabbath allowed?
As long as he just lays there he wouldn't really be doing any work.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Freakzilla wrote:
chanilover wrote:

As long as he just lays there he wouldn't really be doing any work.
I think you've just summed up Orald's entire sex life in one sentence.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I've recently been promoted to "HLP Critic." I've been told by some schmuck at Dumbnovels that it's now a profession.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

GamePlayer wrote:I've recently been promoted to "HLP Critic." I've been told by some schmuck at Dumbnovels that it's now a profession.
Congrats on the promotion! :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
orald

Post by orald »

Go suck some cocks and cool down, CL. Is that how you want me to respond? :|

smugetsu

Re: What is Your Profession?

Post by smugetsu »

Field Supervisor/general lackey for a security company based out of KCMO. It's not much, but it (barely) pays the bills.
othaderak

Post by othaderak »

othaderak, also known as studentis povertati

I am currently an eating surface conversion engineer and a liquid receptacle maintenance technician at a local fine dining establishment.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^What you laughing at, it's better than being an Ambient Replenishist. :P :)