• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Charmed!

    Image
      Tell us a little about yourself

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Charmed!

    Postby RM Opportuniac » 25 Sep 2008 08:16

    I've never really been a fora person, but anywhere that loves original Dune and can't stand the new...additions...can't be all bad!

    I'll admit I've not read ALL the hello threads, but I wonder if I'm somewhat rare in stating that Heretics is by far my favourite of the six, followed by Chapter House. Both of which I've just reread - and discovered within many little questions I just can't wait to ask.

    But for now, hello!
    RM Opportuniac
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: 25 Sep 2008 06:07
    Location: Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Charmed!

    Postby Lundse » 25 Sep 2008 08:22

    RM Opportuniac wrote:I've never really been a fora person, but anywhere that loves original Dune and can't stand the new...additions...can't be all bad!

    I'll admit I've not read ALL the hello threads, but I wonder if I'm somewhat rare in stating that Heretics is by far my favourite of the six, followed by Chapter House. Both of which I've just reread - and discovered within many little questions I just can't wait to ask.

    But for now, hello!


    Welcome.

    Let the questions rip! :-)
    Lundse
     
    Posts: 524
    Joined: 01 Jul 2008 11:36
    Location: Århus, Denmark

    Postby Secher_Nbiw » 25 Sep 2008 08:34

    ug. Welcome to the Cast Out.
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw
     
    Posts: 175
    Joined: 04 Jul 2008 06:24
    Location: notts

    Postby Laphtiya » 25 Sep 2008 08:36

    Welcome, but I wouldn't say were cast out. We're more like the people who realise the 'other' forums is a place where you cannot voice your opinion unless it kisses certain collective behinds.
    User avatar
    Laphtiya
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: 29 Aug 2008 11:57
    Location: In an outpost, on the edge of space!

    Postby Secher_Nbiw » 25 Sep 2008 08:50

    Laphtiya wrote:Welcome, but I wouldn't say were cast out. We're more like the people who realise the 'other' forums is a place where you cannot voice your opinion unless it kisses certain collective behinds.


    Mere semantics! ;)
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw
     
    Posts: 175
    Joined: 04 Jul 2008 06:24
    Location: notts

    Postby Serkanner » 25 Sep 2008 08:53

    Hi and welcome
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2780
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Postby Laphtiya » 25 Sep 2008 09:19

    Secher_Nbiw wrote:
    Laphtiya wrote:Welcome, but I wouldn't say were cast out. We're more like the people who realise the 'other' forums is a place where you cannot voice your opinion unless it kisses certain collective behinds.


    Mere semantics! ;)


    Semantics? HA!......well maybe just a little.
    User avatar
    Laphtiya
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: 29 Aug 2008 11:57
    Location: In an outpost, on the edge of space!

    Postby SandChigger » 25 Sep 2008 09:23

    Hello.
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Postby Ghost » 25 Sep 2008 10:10

    Welcome!
    Ghost
     
    Posts: 114
    Joined: 04 Sep 2008 08:42
    Location: Buenos Ares, Argentina

    Postby inhuien » 25 Sep 2008 10:39

    hihihi RM Opportuniac :)
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Postby Omphalos » 25 Sep 2008 11:31

    Helloooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not sure that we have many whose favorite books are the last two.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6523
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 25 Sep 2008 11:39

    Hi - Omph is probably right I don't think I know anyone else whose favs are the last two, certainly good books though.

    Ask away, there are no questions (I hope)that are dumber than one's I've already asked. :wink:
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby chanilover » 25 Sep 2008 11:54

    Secher_Nbiw wrote:ug. Welcome to the Cast Out.


    We;re not the Cast Out. We're the people who were smart enough to move out when the old neighbourhood went downhill.

    Hello and welcome.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    chanilover
     
    Posts: 1639
    Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 25 Sep 2008 12:04

    I got cast out. :x Granted I did ask for it... :wink:
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby GamePlayer » 25 Sep 2008 12:16

    I left and never went back. But I'll probably eventually be banned by association. I hear that's the way people run things these day :)

    Welcome to our home!
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Postby Mandy » 25 Sep 2008 12:42

    Hi, welcome aboard.
    User avatar
    Mandy
    Cat Herder
     
    Posts: 1700
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18

    Postby DuneFishUK » 25 Sep 2008 13:46

    Hey up!
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    on being 'cast out'

    Postby Sole Man » 25 Sep 2008 14:37

    Hello good...sir? ma'am? Transexual?


    I gave a formal resignation when Freak was banned. But you all know this so am I posting it?
    Sole Man
     

    Re: on being 'cast out'

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 25 Sep 2008 14:51

    Sole Man wrote:Hello good...sir? ma'am? Transexual?


    I gave a formal resignation when Freak was banned. But you all know this so am I posting it?


    Yes you are posting it. :lol: I don't mind your spelling but try not to miss entire words!
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby RM Opportuniac » 25 Sep 2008 16:56

    Thank you! Though I feel I've missed something (dodged a bullet?) by not being banned from elsewhere.

    Well, just a bit.
    RM Opportuniac
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: 25 Sep 2008 06:07
    Location: Melbourne, Australia

    Postby Ampoliros » 25 Sep 2008 20:02

    welcome welcome

    I love each book equally, except Children of Dune. I'd say the last to were my favorites, but I love Dune and DM and GEoD too much to put them over.
    Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
    User avatar
    Ampoliros
     
    Posts: 2515
    Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
    Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

    Postby Tleszer » 25 Sep 2008 21:08

    Welcome!
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Re: on being 'cast out'

    Postby GamePlayer » 25 Sep 2008 21:29

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Sole Man wrote:Hello good...sir? ma'am? Transexual?


    I gave a formal resignation when Freak was banned. But you all know this so am I posting it?


    Yes you are posting it. :lol: I don't mind your spelling but try not to miss entire words!


    I find it very afictional :)
    "They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
    User avatar
    GamePlayer
    70mm God
     
    Posts: 2993
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    Postby Rakis » 25 Sep 2008 22:18

    Nice to meet ya! :P
    Image
    User avatar
    Rakis
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00


    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

    cron