• Register
  • Login
  •          

Word up sisters

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 17 Sep 2008 11:41

Oh yeah, I know you came here so you can post without being deleted, but if you plan on keeping that DN account active better watch what you say. Don't call the authors "fuckers" on this board or you'll get banned on that one. It's happened before it'll happen again. :?
    A Thing of Eternity

Postby Drunken Idaho » 17 Sep 2008 11:52

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Oh yeah, I know you came here so you can post without being deleted, but if you plan on keeping that DN account active better watch what you say. Don't call the authors "fuckers" on this board or you'll get banned on that one. It's happened before it'll happen again. :?

Now why would I do a thing like that?
    Drunken Idaho

Postby TheDukester » 17 Sep 2008 13:19

The authors are fuckers.
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    TheDukester

Postby Tleszer » 17 Sep 2008 14:44

I've never once said fuckers on the internets web doohickey or called the authors fuckers. Why would I start now? :wink:
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    Tleszer

Postby Mandy » 17 Sep 2008 18:08

Hi Drunken Idaho, welcome to the real Dune fansite.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby Spicelon » 17 Sep 2008 18:16

Howdy doo doo ! ! !
    Poop is funny.
    MetaCugel8262 is not.
    Spicelon

Postby Crysknife » 17 Sep 2008 18:41

Welcome! :)
    Crysknife

Postby Hunchback Jack » 17 Sep 2008 19:00

TheDukester wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Oh yeah, I know you came here so you can post without being deleted, but if you plan on keeping that DN account active better watch what you say. Don't call the authors "fuckers" on this board or you'll get banned on that one. It's happened before it'll happen again. :?

Now why would I do a thing like that?

The authors are fuckers.

Heh. I love this place.

Welcome, Drunken.

HBJ
    Hunchback Jack

Postby Omphalos » 17 Sep 2008 19:29

Drunken Idaho wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:
    Drunken Idaho wrote:I have to give Bubba credit for my name. We were arguing about something. Probably Jesus. And he mistakenly addressed me as Drunken Idaho. Contrast to your opinion, I liked it a lot better than DrunkenDuncan, so I used it for this forum.

Either way, it still references one of the greatest scenes on the first book. :D

And thanks Ghost!

That was no mistake. :wink: :wink:

And welcome.

Whaaaa? Are you Bubba? Is that what you are suggesting?

Im suggesting nothing. :wink:
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby Eyes High » 17 Sep 2008 21:44

Welcome. Sorry for the late greeting. I've been preoccupied and have been unable to visit as often as I would like. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified

Postby Simon » 18 Sep 2008 04:34

Hey-O Drunken!
    Simon

Postby chanilover » 18 Sep 2008 11:13

Hi Drunken.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    chanilover

Postby SandChigger » 18 Sep 2008 12:11

Spicelon wrote:Howdy doo doo ! ! !

Oh goody...another new member...FOR YOU TO POOP ON! :lol:

(For some reason the nice little lady doing the tour at Taliesan didn't find that quote nearly as amusing as we did. ;) )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Nekhrun » 18 Sep 2008 15:25

SandChigger wrote:
    Spicelon wrote:Howdy doo doo ! ! !

Oh goody...another new member...FOR YOU TO POOP ON! :lol:

(For some reason the nice little lady doing the tour at Taliesan didn't find that quote nearly as amusing as we did. ;) )

Wow, Triumph really had an effect on you didn't he?
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby SandChigger » 18 Sep 2008 22:42

Well, I've always been fond of potty humor anyway, but a lot of it was the presentation and particular group of friends I was with. One night we ordered in pizza and watched the recent Edith Piaf movie. The next day, during the drive to and from Taliesan, we alternated between breaking into song ("Non...rien de rien. Non...je ne regrette rien!") and finding things TO POOP ON!

I guess over the years I've grown tired of much of what passes for humor in Japan (super-simplistically, it's either puns or burlesque) and am a bit starved for funny. ;)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Omphalos » 18 Sep 2008 22:52

Then its a good think you have us. :D
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby SandChigger » 18 Sep 2008 23:12

Ahp. :wink:

Looks like I'm settled in for a wee bit, so....

One of the things I enjoyed most during last year's trip was talking to Mastah B on the phone. (Was also supposed to phone Eru, but that one didn't work out.) If anyone wants to chat a bit, on my dime, PM me with your number. :wink:

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby orald » 19 Sep 2008 08:33

And obviously they're both too impotent to fuck anything anyway, so not fuckers at all.
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    orald

Postby inhuien » 19 Sep 2008 08:37

Sounds like you're having a restful trip Sandchigger will your dime stretch across the pond?:):P
    inhuien

Postby orald » 19 Sep 2008 11:41

I might've been interested in practicing my speech, but unfortunately I've come down with a chill, so you'd only be hearing my caughs, sneezes, panting and flem spitting. And it hurts to talk too.
    Truly, your loss. :P
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    orald

Postby SandChigger » 19 Sep 2008 12:11

I'm sorry, orald, I'm not understanding what the difference would be from your normal mode of communication....

:P

It might for a bouncy bouncy wee bit of time, inhuien. :)

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Ampoliros » 19 Sep 2008 19:47

Just get skype, then we can all talk for free.
    Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
    Ampoliros

Postby SandChigger » 19 Sep 2008 22:12

There is THAT, too, of course. ;)

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Previous

Return to ˱