• Register
  • Login
  •          

Greetings

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Greetings

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 04 Jul 2008 06:28

Hi all, I'm Alex, i live in england and Frank Herbert is the true prophet in my eyes, so yeah. thats me. oh, and beware my sharp tongue, i just never know when it decides it wants to play :p!
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby inhuien » 04 Jul 2008 07:00

hihihi Secher_Nbiw
    inhuien

Postby SandChigger » 04 Jul 2008 07:11

Hiyahowyado!

Will have to be mindful of the underbar, I see. ;)

Which part of England do you live in?

And what does having Frank Herbert as a prophet in your eyes feel like? :D
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby GamePlayer » 04 Jul 2008 09:27

A fine day to you and your splendid island, good fellow :)
    GamePlayer
    70mm God

Postby orald » 04 Jul 2008 09:36

I don't mind the usage of wicked tongues. :wink:
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    orald

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 04 Jul 2008 10:10

*checks to see if it's safe before removing bullet-proof vest* i'm in notts for my sins, and having FH as a prophet feels real good. not quite as good as consuming vast amounts of melage, methinks, but it'll have to suffice :p
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby orald » 04 Jul 2008 10:15

It's not a sin if you moan God's name while doing it.
    It make him hard to see just how much you really love him. :P (eww? :shock: )

orald

Postby Mandy » 04 Jul 2008 16:26

:D

Howdy.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby Omphalos » 04 Jul 2008 19:06

So you arent our Danish crack addict?

Hellooooooooooooo!
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby SandChigger » 04 Jul 2008 20:45

Ah...well, then, say hello to the Sheriff, The Hood and Maid for me. ;)

(Before those transgressions that brought you thither, were you perhaps in Wales?)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Omphalos » 04 Jul 2008 23:05

SandChigger wrote:Ah...well, then, say hello to the Sheriff, The Hood and Maid for me. ;)

(Before those transgressions that brought you thither, were you perhaps in Wales?)

That was quick. Do you sense an Egyptian expert among us?
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby SandChigger » 05 Jul 2008 19:38

Nah, not really. Just curious.

(And trying to figure out why the little hairs all over all my legs are standing up. :shock: )

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Serkanner » 06 Jul 2008 04:12

Welcome aboard. If you are a good swimmer you can drop-by for a cup of coffee any time if you like.
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 07 Jul 2008 03:21

indeed i do hail from wales originally *is now worried he has a stalker* do i know you sandchigger?
    thanks for the coffee invite, i may take you up on that, when i get around to the swim! :p
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby SandChigger » 07 Jul 2008 03:38

Interesting...have you posted on Dune-related forums under any other names, perhaps? :)

(For the record—pay attention, Byron—I don't stalk people in the real world or online. I may do a few google searches to see what turns up, but very few people are interesting enough to warrant anything more strenuous than that, let alone "stalking". Sorry to disappoint anyone. :D )

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 07 Jul 2008 03:56

strangely enough, no i haven't posted on any other Dune forum, and i only stumbled on to this one due to the evils of Facefook i mean Facebook :D and this is the first time i've used Secher Nbiw as a screenname, i usually go by Lord Nemo or some such. i like anonymity! :D
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby orald » 07 Jul 2008 04:26

Uh, have you been doing searches about me, Chig? :shock:

orald

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 07 Jul 2008 14:12

Hi.
    A Thing of Eternity

Postby SandChigger » 08 Jul 2008 02:19

orald wrote:Uh, have you been doing searches about me, Chig? :shock:

Sorry to disappoint, Cupcake, but no, I haven't. I did pull up the map of Israel on WikiP to see where your city is, but other than that.... :(

So, Secher_Nbiw...you aren't really HowlingRakisNoOne or CelfishAnkh, then. :)

Sorry to be suspicious, but your calling FH a prophet resonated up and down the ole memory lanes and sent up the red flags. :lol:

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 08 Jul 2008 02:55

nope, none of the above. sorry to disappoint... nah, i'm not :p cheers for the welcome guys!
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby SandChigger » 08 Jul 2008 02:57

Good to know. (He's an insane wanker who's obviously damaged his brain with too much substance abuse ;) )

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 08 Jul 2008 03:02

How did you know? :wink:
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby orald » 08 Jul 2008 09:45

But...Frank Herbert IS the prophet! :o

orald

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 08 Jul 2008 09:51

i'm not denying that he is at all. i would advise to go a little easier on the spice beer though orald.......... :D
    I am a mortal god.
    Secher_Nbiw

Postby SandChigger » 08 Jul 2008 18:42

It's his meds. (wink wink) ;)

(For the dental work, of course!)

(wink wink)

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Next

Return to ˱