• Register
  • Login
  •          

Hypatia

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Postby SandChigger » 22 Jul 2008 18:40

The five attributes of The Goddess Hyppo: she's unthinking, literalistic, bureaucratic, a cretin, subjective, and she smells bad.

:shock:

The SIX attributes of ....
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby GamePlayer » 22 Jul 2008 22:28

Definitely missing "unhinged" somewhere in there.
    GamePlayer
    70mm God

Postby HoosierDaddy » 22 Jul 2008 22:45

And she is enjoying all of this "attention" most certainly.

Having this thread in a place of honor for new members is inappropriate IMO. I vote that this thread be locked, and her water cast upon the sand.
    HoosierDaddy

Postby Spicelon » 22 Jul 2008 23:19

Incompetent.

I think that's 8.

"Amongst her weaponry are..."
    Poop is funny.
    MetaCugel8262 is not.
    Spicelon

Postby Rakis » 22 Jul 2008 23:32

HoosierDaddy wrote:And she is enjoying all of this "attention" most certainly.

Having this thread in a place of honor for new members is inappropriate IMO. I vote that this thread be locked, and her water cast upon the sand.

I agree... :wink:

No, wait...

it's fun to bitch her... :smoke:
    Rakis

Postby Phaedrus » 23 Jul 2008 00:12

I think Freak would say that this isn't a democracy.

I believe they think it's ironic to continue this thread, since she's been banned. I don't get it, personally, but I don't care either way. She's an annoying bitch, for sure, and her antics on other sites provide amusement on the slow days. Nothing wrong with that...
    You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
    Phaedrus

Postby chanilover » 23 Jul 2008 02:02

She has become a legend in her own snack time, a story to frighten little children.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    chanilover

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2008 03:23

HoosierDaddy wrote:Having this thread in a place of honor for new members is inappropriate IMO. I vote that this thread be locked, and her water cast upon the sand.

Oh, you're just pissed 'cause you couldn't think of another funny attribute. :P
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby HoosierDaddy » 23 Jul 2008 14:38

Phaedrus wrote:

I think Freak would say that this isn't a democracy.

I believe they think it's ironic to continue this thread, since she's been banned. I don't get it, personally, but I don't care either way. She's an annoying bitch, for sure, and her antics on other sites provide amusement on the slow days. Nothing wrong with that...

Then maybe we could move this thread somewhere else, away from new member intro's.
    HoosierDaddy

Postby Freakzilla » 23 Jul 2008 14:43

I'm not a big fan of this topic.

If y'all want to continue talking about Hypatia, I recommend doing it here:

People On Other Boards
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Mandy » 23 Jul 2008 18:39

There's not much left to say about her anyway.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby Spicelon » 23 Jul 2008 18:43

Mandy wrote:There's not much left to say about her anyway.

Say what?!?!? Try telling that to the ambulance chasing crowd here and at
    A(U). ;)
    Poop is funny.
    MetaCugel8262 is not.
    Spicelon

Postby Freakzilla » 23 Jul 2008 19:50

She denied us the Hajj!!!

:x

Just kidding.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Simon » 09 Sep 2008 16:09

I'm just shocked that she has a 25 page spread here :shock: :lol:
    Simon

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 16:18

Simon wrote:I'm just shocked that she has a 25 page spread here :shock: :lol:

Thanks for raising it from the dead!

:roll: :lol:
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Simon » 09 Sep 2008 16:26

Sorry :oops:

Saw the 25 and was like "what's going on in here..." :lol:
    Simon

Postby chanilover » 09 Sep 2008 16:39

That's nearly as big a spread as the old girl's backside.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    chanilover

Postby chanilover » 09 Sep 2008 16:39

Freakzilla wrote:

Thanks for raising it from the dead!

:roll: :lol:

That's what she said on her last date in 1978.
    chanilover

Postby Mandy » 09 Sep 2008 19:52

Jeez.. I thought there had been a hyppo sighting.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby Nekhrun » 09 Sep 2008 20:39

Mandy wrote:Jeez.. I thought there had been a hyppo sighting.

That's funny. When I saw this thread alive again I too thought there'd been some developments.
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby TheDukester » 09 Sep 2008 20:52

A two-month bump will do that ... :?
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    TheDukester

Postby Dunenewt » 12 Mar 2009 22:40

Just thought I'd point out that over at Fed2k, we've been around for quite a while now, over 10 years, and as such, we pretty much keep to ourselves as far as other Dune forums go, so we have little knowledge about the Arrakeen forum, T(A)U, or even this one, aside from what Hypatia and 'Chigger tell us, and we take all what we are told with a pinch of salt. We'd just prefer to stay out of any of these squabbles, and provide a civil place for people to discuss Dune, whether it be about the books, games, movies or other things Dune related. We are a reasonably tolerant bunch, who respect a wide variety of views towards the Dune books, ranging from people who share 'Chigger's views, to Preeks. I must point out however, that there is no chance that anyone is going to worm their way into an admin post of any kind.
    Dunenewt

Postby TheDukester » 12 Mar 2009 22:44

That's excellent.

And what's your policy on six-month bumps? :?
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    TheDukester

Postby Dunenewt » 12 Mar 2009 22:51

Depends whether a valid point is made or not, and I would like to consider what I have written a valid point.
    SandChigger wrote:I thought Nekhrun made a good point (again) over on DN: that the original "girly titles" of the next two books (Jessica and Irulan ... a big GROAN on the coconut joke, btw :lol: ) probably wouldn't do well in attracting the apparent target demographic of these books.

To wit: barely post-pubescent geeky teenage boys. :P

(Which description fits Dunenewt over on FED2K, it seems, even though he's 20 or something.)
    Dunenewt

Postby TheDukester » 12 Mar 2009 23:07

Well, it's your world, brother. We're just living in it.

You keep fighting that good fight; don't let The Man keep you down.
    TheDukester

PreviousNext

Return to ˱