Hypatia

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

orald

Post by orald »

I got an email today too, but I only read most of the first paragraph before I archived it, it was too long and boring.

No, Hyp, I don't really recall you being staff BEFORE you became admin.
That rather useless Romanian girl was a mod(God knows whose idea that was...I think we were just bored or something, eh Freak? :lol: ) and some others(that cute gay Romanian kid too?), but I'm sure you weren't.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Oh? What have I missed? :roll:

Hmmm...

I don't see any new trolls aimed my way. You referring to the "official site down" thread where Dunenewt [jokingly] mentioned my name as a potential cracker after she wrote someone broke it? Phphphlth.

Those guys are young and into their games and the official site and obviously don't know or care about what went on over at 'Keen. She's playing hard at the "I'm nice, I can contribute" game right now. Give them time to get to know her better. (I suspect she's pinged a few BS meters already.)

I'm not terribly bothered either way. :wink:
I especially love Vanguard's hard attitude. Oooooh! Tough-guy! Sounds like a uppity teenager if you ask me. That site does suck, IMHO, for some reason I just can't quite put my finger on (and I mean besides the fact that many of them seem to be preeks).

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

It's a gaming forum, why would you expect mature conversation over there, or Dune savviness for that matter? Those guys got there from the Dune games(And stay there for their Dune discussions? Real deep, man :roll: ), so what could they possiblly know?

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Oh? What have I missed? :roll:

Hmmm...

I don't see any new trolls aimed my way. You referring to the "official site down" thread where Dunenewt [jokingly] mentioned my name as a potential cracker after she wrote someone broke it? Phphphlth.

Those guys are young and into their games and the official site and obviously don't know or care about what went on over at 'Keen. She's playing hard at the "I'm nice, I can contribute" game right now. Give them time to get to know her better. (I suspect she's pinged a few BS meters already.)

I'm not terribly bothered either way. :wink:
I especially love Vanguard's hard attitude. Oooooh! Tough-guy! Sounds like a uppity teenager if you ask me. That site does suck, IMHO, for some reason I just can't quite put my finger on (and I mean besides the fact that many of them seem to be preeks).
I hear ya. Exactly why I never went there.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Oh, they don't seem so bad... they certainly don't deserve Hyppo. She's probably already written the admins several pages of private messages detailing the abuse she's been suffering. I wonder how many screenshots she's used as proof, lol. I kind of feel sorry for them.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Gawd, Girl, you are SUCH a biotch! :twisted:

:P

I was just going to say

OH GAWD HOW BADLY WE HAVE MISJUDGED HER! OH, HYPPO, I'M SO SO SORRY! The bit I just read about you not cutting your trees, THE SUDDEN REALIZATION THAT YOU LOVE GAIA AND ARE A TRUE GREEN PRIESTESS, has just opened my eyes at last to THE WONDER OF YOU!!!!

WILL YOU MARRY ME?!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

Hell, I'm a druid and I cut my trees. Fuck that. Cutting your trees and shaping them actually helps them grow and stay healthy if you do it right.

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
-Julius Caesar

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/451/451.html
http://omacl.org/
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:WILL YOU MARRY ME?![/size][/color]
Careful. She still reads this daily, and in the middle provinces, this is a binding contract. :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

Live and let live, I never had any trouble with Hypatia myself, so I'm staying well away from this discussion. Except that I don't really like the idea of a whole thread devoted to a person whose main thing is mismanaging a forum...

After all, she did give the spanish peeps their own section over at arrakeen...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Lot of good it's been doing them these five months, wot?
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

:Puts "The Song Remains the Same" on the record deck:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

AUTOQUOTING!!!

Post by SandChigger »

I myself wrote:It'll be funny if Edric shares my email with her and she gets to see my version of events. ;)
Someone asked, so...

(The only changes here are that I have deleted email addresses and substituted "(Edric)" where I used his real name.)
To: (Edric)
Date: 3:58 AM, 5/24/08 JST
Subject: Re: Arrakeen

(Edric):

Ah, well then, the crux of the matter.

If you've heard from Hypatia then I can very well imagine that you have been "hearing some of the craziest things" indeed. I'll tell you how it was from my point of view, you'll hear from Freak and anyone else you've contacted and then you can decide.

Back last August when I and several others were banned from or left the DuneNovels BBS and Byron was on his witchhunt for people posting comments against the HLP on other boards, Hypatia closed Arrakeen to public viewing, with access by registered members only. Then, when Byron was posting things critical of Arrakeen and removing links to it from people's sigs on DN, she invited him to join Arrakeen to see what it was like for himself. But she left the board closed. I commented on this a few times. (It made no sense to keep it closed after she'd let the wolf in, you know?) He started complaining about avatars and sigs and what not and I believe she gave in to his requests to remove some of them, instead of telling him to get stuffed.

In the middle of last September she then admitted a troll from the DuneNovels BBS named "arnoldo". She claims she didn't know about the animosity between him and the rest of us who had either been banned or left the other board. (Frankly, if true, that indicates inattention on a massive scale.) Once in, he did what trolls do. We responded. *I* responded. Hypatia enforced the board rules, which by the letter, yes, I was violating by flamming and trolling the troll. She admitted at one point (I can look for the PM if necessary) to having made arnoldo some sort of "special project", hoping to rehabilitate him, like some Good Shepherdess after the lost sheep. Unfortunately, she managed to alienate the rest of the flock while doing it.

There was some nastiness between her and a user named Chanilover which I missed parts of, or never really did quite understand; some of it involved a sig photo he was using, which she removed (claimed another member had complained that his children might see it; no one ever publicly complained that I saw). CL told her to get stuffed and she banned him.

Meanwhile we were still flamming arnoldo and commenting about how she was running the board. She insisted that things be conducted by PM and began deleting comments openly criticizing her. Omphalos started up his board, The (Almost) Undeleted, and she joined it. They got into some sort of disagreement...which I missed and have no idea what it was about because she went through and blanked out all her own comments (always the mature thing to do). He eventually banned her. She read criticism of her behavior there later and saw Crysknife comment that he was going to write Baron to complain about her. Crys unfortunately used the Arrakeen system to do so and evidently Hypatia opened his mail/message, claiming that there was a plot afoot to take control of the board away from the rightful owner. That's basically when it all "hit the fan".

I goaded her into banning me, other people left, and she finally closed the board to access completely, claiming that she was going to make a new skin/theme for it. It's been that way since soon after the beginning of the year, so...for four or five months now? She started trolling my blog (one comment thread reached several hundred comments) until I put her on moderation, where I have vowed to keep her until she opens the site up to the public again. (There are several threads where you can see all of us at our finest most immature best, including herself. I can send you the links later.)

Like I wrote before, I'm not interested in returning to Arrakeen. I won't belong anywhere where she's an admin or even a moderator. I'm not going to waste your time slagging her off (further), but I think the fact that she has kept the board closed all this time, seemingly out of spite to a large degree, says all that need be said about her suitability as an admin.

So...that's my piece. Any questions, let me know.

(SandChigger)
If you find any factual errors, please point them out so I can write him and correct them. I see now that I forgot the bits about her putting Omph on moderation, demoting Crys, and putting even Freak on moderation.

I've been told that I shouldn't have admitted to trolling that utter shithead arnoldo, but I don't see any point in whitewashing it. I wanted him gone just like I want her gone from here. I have no interest in returning to Arrakeen as long as she's even a member there, honestly, so I really don't care what Edric thinks or does. She has stated (in the email the other day) that she has already deleted threads she considers not "the good stuff", so there may be little of interest left there anyway. Let it stay closed and rot, and her with it.

And that is my piece and the last I'm going to post about it or her.

She is, ultimately, not worth the time or bother.
orald

Post by orald »

:lol:

IDK, is this irony? What's the word for you telling Edric how bad Hyp was when he's done the bloody same, just on a smaller scale?

Seems to me from reading all this that Beelzebub, err, Edric, would only approve.

You should clearly see parrallels between her behaviour and his...no wonder he put her in charge.

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Secher Nbiw wrote:After all, she did give the spanish peeps their own section over at arrakeen...
No, that was me.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:WILL YOU MARRY ME?![/size][/color]
Careful. She still reads this daily, and in the middle provinces, this is a binding contract. :wink:
:lol: Wait a minute didn't chanilover posted some kind of proposal, too :lol:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

The clincher for me is that she deleted a section I worked HALF A YEAR on creating with Servant of the Sisterhood. I have backup copies of most of my stuff there, but she should have at least fucking asked!

At least everyone else had enough respect to leave it hidden, in the hopes that it might come back eventually.

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
-Julius Caesar

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

It's too bad you can't mention the large amount of ignored feedback the community offered Hypatia to fix Arrakeen's problems, but that's really off point from the facts you were laying out. It's kinda interesting to have it all laid out; it puts things in perspective. Reading over the text above, I'm kinda alarmed how much I was aware of the drama since I just bounce around and don't really make an effort to follow it. As far as I know, the above text sounds perfectly accurate, mores the pity.
Last edited by GamePlayer on 28 May 2008 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Ack! Double post :(
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:I've been told that I shouldn't have admitted to trolling that utter shithead arnoldo, but I don't see any point in whitewashing it.
Good letter, all things considered, but GP raises good points. Ignoring the problems with the board was a big contributing factor to a lot of people leaving.

Pardot Kynes wrote:The clincher for me is that she deleted a section I worked HALF A YEAR on creating with Servant of the Sisterhood. I have backup copies of most of my stuff there, but she should have at least fucking asked!
What was that?

Freakzilla wrote:
Secher Nbiw wrote:After all, she did give the spanish peeps their own section over at arrakeen...
No, that was me.
Fucking A, right it was.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Interesting that Edric has logged in and commented...but not on this.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Interesting that Edric has logged in and commented...but not on this.
Stay tuned...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Pardot Kynes wrote:The clincher for me is that she deleted a section I worked HALF A YEAR on creating with Servant of the Sisterhood. I have backup copies of most of my stuff there, but she should have at least fucking asked!
She deleted the RPG and Houses section?! Why? :? Not like it cost her to keep it there.
Unless you're referring to something else.

Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

Yes orald. She deleted ALL OF IT!

For those of you not in the know, Me and Servant created a Text Based RP that runs on virtual dice. Its basically a virtual edition of Dungeons and Dragons created around the Duniverse, complete with warring factions and everything.

I asked Freak if I could put it up here, and he said I could if there was enough interest, but I doubt there would be.

-Julius Caesar

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Pardot Kynes I have in the past played by forum (ADnD3e) and found it a lot of fun. I for 1 would be interested to hear what it’s all about.

Why don't you atleast poll the Sands.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Wow. Kinda glad I wasn't around for that.