Nice Place You Guys/Gals Have Here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

HoosierDaddy

Nice Place You Guys/Gals Have Here!

Post by HoosierDaddy »

I thought I was through with FH and on-line stuff, after experiencing Hypatia's insanity at Arrakeen. She literally put me off on all things Dune, and it only took a few of her lengthy, childish, and self-serving PM's. :oops:

What brought me back to alt.fan.dune, and finding this seitch, was reading FH's "The Santaroga Barrier" for the first time about a week ago. I couldn't put it down, just like all the other FH works. I felt cleansed and renewed.

Thanks Freak, and all you others, for re-creating a place for FH followers.

And one message to Chigger: Once you took your Amazon.com mask off, and I read your review on hunters in 2005, that was one hell of a ruse you played on Byron and the HLP on their forums. Well played sir, and your virtual water is ours.

8)
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Nice to meet ya... :P
orald

Post by orald »

Howdy!

Pray tell, what was Chig's trick on the HLP that you mentioned?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Come on, tell me, who's yer daddy? :P

Glad to see you back again!

(When you invoke Hypatia, it's always good manners to say hello to her, 'cause she stalks this forum and Omph's: Hi, bitch!)

I'm kinda curious about my "trick", too. You mean my mini/quasi-reviews of The Butt Jihad and Machine Curses Away! on Amazon? (I haven't put up a review of Grunters over there, though I've commented on a few. And I've started some discussion forum threads on Pail of Dung. Smellhole is next!)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Good to have you!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Nice to meet you.

BTW, what did SC do at Amazon?
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

SandChigger wrote: I'm kinda curious about my "trick", too. You mean my mini/quasi-reviews of The Butt Jihad and Machine Curses Away! on Amazon? (I haven't put up a review of Grunters over there, though I've commented on a few. And I've started some discussion forum threads on Pail of Dung. Smellhole is next!)
Maybe not a "trick", but when I first encountered you on the various Dune forums, you appeared rather supportive of bh/ka/hlp. Little did we know, you were nailing them with 1 star reviews on Amazon, going back a couple of years prior. IIRC quite the popular poster with the prequelites on the dn site, until you slowly started turning on them. One funny quote from dn read something like "it appears to me that people that like the bh/ka novels come across as being less intelligent".

Pow.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hellooooooooooooo!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Hi, nice to meet you.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

HoosierDaddy wrote:Maybe not a "trick", but when I first encountered you on the various Dune forums, you appeared rather supportive of bh/ka/hlp. Little did we know, you were nailing them with 1 star reviews on Amazon, going back a couple of years prior. IIRC quite the popular poster with the prequelites on the dn site, until you slowly started turning on them. One funny quote from dn read something like "it appears to me that people that like the bh/ka novels come across as being less intelligent".

Pow.
Hahaha, that's sneaky. That's my chigga :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's really odd...I can't recall ever feeling popular among the Preeks. :shock:

I mean, before discovering Dune Novels I was slugging it out with TAZ on Wikipedia along with Lundse and the other members of the Old Guard there, initially under my real name account. When I split my activities and created the SandChigger account/persona, Konman is the only one that actually asked right out if I was so-and-so. I always figured anyone THAT interested would be able to figure it out. (I'm not sure if TAZ ever did. Like I've said, he's not terribly bright.)

After I started commenting on the shiteful reviews on Amazon and tangled with Byron there (after my banning from DN), I decided there wasn't much point in hiding any longer and put the Nasty Chigger pic up in my Amazon images.

I don't remember posting what you quote there, but I agree with it...or a stronger version, actually, given that time has done nothing to convince me otherwise.

People who genuinely like, enjoy, and stand up for the new "Dune" novels exhibit a range of behaviors which I personally associate with the less intelligent.

(I guess we could PC gushy-gushy that down to "differently intelligenced"...they may be talented in other areas than language skills and analytical thought. How would that be? ... Right. I don't buy it, either. Fuck it, they're just stupid. :twisted: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

Intelligencically challenged? :) *Did I make up a new word? Quick, tell Oxford Dictionary about it so they can put it in their new edition! Tell them "snifyurbmrbsj" is also a new word*
chigger wrote:they may be talented in other areas than language skills and analytical thought. How would that be? ... Right. I don't buy it, either. Fuck it, they're just stupid. :twisted:

I protest! Preeks give mean blowjobs too! :D

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

welcome dude...congratulations..you've replaced Tleszer for the best avatar award (well..besides mindy...and hey..nipples are cheating..so doesnt count)...how can u guys see jay and not even comment on how bad ass he is ....losers
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:welcome dude...congratulations..you've replaced Tleszer for the best avatar award (well..besides mindy...and hey..nipples are cheating..so doesnt count)...how can u guys see jay and not even comment on how bad ass he is ....losers
I was waiting to see if he offered to smoke a joint with me.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Jay is kinda cute. :wink:

I bet CL has a crush on chubby, err, silent Bob.

Speaking of which, where is he lately?

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:That's really odd...I can't recall ever feeling popular among the Preeks. :shock:
Oh come on, you've always been popular with us. :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:That's really odd...I can't recall ever feeling popular among the Preeks. :shock:
Oh come on, you've always been popular with us. :wink:
Aha, I knew it! You've never repented your hidious sins! Die preek! :evil:

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

WELCOME ABOARD!! And yes, sweet avatar!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Hello and welcome. Strangely, Hyppo hasn't registered here, she just lurks, hoping people are posting comments about her. (Hi arsewipe!)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

orald wrote:Jay is kinda cute. :wink:

Who's Jay?

Anyway, Orald, you're the one who gets turned on by fat guys with hairy arse cracks. You're such a bottom.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:
orald wrote:Jay is kinda cute. :wink:

Who's Jay?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_and_Silent_Bob
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

chanilover wrote:Anyway, Orald, you're the one who gets turned on by fat guys with hairy arse cracks. You're such a bottom.
AKA a "catcher". :D
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

Speaking of asscracks and poop, here comes Spicelon to the forey. :roll:

HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

This video describes Jay and Silent Bob better than anything I know (NSFW language warning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jSMTcx69-Q

:educationalfile