New Users - Please Read

Image
    Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3629
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Postby inhuien » 22 Feb 2009 06:34

^^^ A sinking ship, perhaps...
Image

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Postby SandRider » 22 Feb 2009 10:00

maybe it's an organized boarding party ?


g-d, I hope so ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 22 Feb 2009 11:50

SandRider wrote:maybe it's an organized boarding party ?


g-d, I hope so ....


More like it's so borring elsewhere they'd rather be here? :D

Be nice to them... if they attempt intelligent discussion. :?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Postby SandRider » 22 Feb 2009 12:56

what, me ?

when am I ever not nice ?

OK, there was that one time, but I was provoked.
And then, well, that other time, but ...

Oh yeah. Nevermind.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 22 Feb 2009 13:04

Appears to have been a false alarm. ;)

User avatar
ARCH
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 14:42
Location: grassfield

Postby ARCH » 01 Mar 2009 14:09

filmprog wrote:I love an active board. And I've uses phpbb boards before so it feels very familiar.

I can represent a minority here fine. I plan to keep my mind open, but I value the work that Brian and Kevin have done on the new novels.



Welcome!
I don't like prequels neither do I appreciate what Brian and Kevin have done on the new novels but if you start your topics and explain your points of view(we have a prequel subforum, i think..) I'll be glad to see it.

If however you feel you're unable to be discuss the prequels here on Jacurutu (and you wish to do so) you can have a picnic on some other forum board and then return here later :wink:

See you around.
" Nature beauteous form
Contains a lovely essence
Called by some- decay
By this lovely presence
New life finds its way.
Tears shed silently
Are but water of soul
They bring new life
To the pain of being--
A separation from that seeing
Which death makes whole."
-klAckAlicA-

omnia mea mecum porto.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 01 Mar 2009 16:48

ARCH wrote:If however you feel you're unable to be discuss the prequels here on Jacurutu (and you wish to do so) you can have a picnic on some other forum board and then return here later :wink:

See you around.


sunshine on ST wrote:I've just been on Jacurutu today
One of its members(I am a meber there too) said that Jacurutu is ten times better then Arrakeen ever was
But sadly, it isn't so because i can't stand to hear so many childish insults and obnoxious behaviour.
It's going to sound so funny but there are so many males from America that can't find nothing better to do with themselves but slander female admins on old Dune based forums.
And no matter that there are members which do not partake in such discussions and are fun to be around with
they also lose their face because by being silent you adhere to what is said.

I want the old Arrakeen back, the successor of DoD.
I don't want nationalism, chauvinism, and bitterness of any kind.
I'm thankfull for whoever found this forum if it's going to give me a place online where i can enjoy Frank Herbert's Dune in peace.
Because there is no peace at Jacurutu.
I hope Jacurutu will thrive, because misery should always have company.


I registered here because sandchigger was so kind to inform me he intends to slander all members of this forum and he's already slandered me so i thought what the hell i better register now.
So thanks to Jacurutu, Sietch Tabr has a new member!

Not only are you a stupid cunt, but a lying one as well. Enjoy Sietch Tabr.

User avatar
Seraphan
Posts: 749
Joined: 03 Jul 2008 08:36
Location: Right Behind You!
Contact:

Postby Seraphan » 01 Mar 2009 16:55

because by being silent you adhere to what is said.

The ultimate proof that she has a wounded ego and the most twisted sense of logic.
For the record, when people do not reply to what you say doesnt mean they are concenting, it means they do not give a flying fuck and are ignoring you.
Just like when a person works in a mental institution, they do not engage in arguments with every single nutjob that claims to be napoleon, or the greatest supermodel, or that they were kidnaped by aliens.
Image
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood

User avatar
ARCH
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 14:42
Location: grassfield

Postby ARCH » 01 Mar 2009 16:59

honey, I have nothing to hide.
you should have posted my entire intro thread.
I already said in Gafhla the disccussions that i made a lengthy intro
and an account on sietch Tabr today.

You should know that when i wrote that part about american with chauvinistic
comments, immature insults i meant you.

but that doesn't mean you're the only person behaving that way.
today some others strongly supported your motion.

And I knew you're so obsessed you'll quote and post everything from there here. I wrote the entire post so you can have new material to talk about.
:lol:

But still, you only posted parts of my intro thresd....such a shame.

because it was you and your comments sandchigger i was attacking and talking about.
" Nature beauteous form

Contains a lovely essence

Called by some- decay

By this lovely presence

New life finds its way.

Tears shed silently

Are but water of soul

They bring new life

To the pain of being--

A separation from that seeing

Which death makes whole."

-klAckAlicA-



omnia mea mecum porto.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 01 Mar 2009 17:03

You may have nothing to hide, but they evidently do. ;)

Yes, dear, I remember your anti-American sentiments quite well.

(Um ... what little vital shithole is it you live in, again?)

User avatar
ARCH
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 14:42
Location: grassfield

Postby ARCH » 01 Mar 2009 17:24

Anti-american?
Sure I am.
Like any other person not living in America.
I'm also anti-Japan.
anti-France.
anti against all the borders(for countries) and social classifications that divide ppl.
sadly for you i'm not a vegan, i don't walk barefoot or go to church.
i wonder what else you don't know about me....
i don't like beans for dinner and i always have ink stains on my fingers
which match the color of my nailpolisher.
Anything else i can write that you can feel sure of yourself and your beliefs in life.


I live in shithole called Europe.
i belive your shithole is called America.
It's divided on Latin America and North America(U:S:A)
I'm going volunteering in Latin America this summer (Mexico) or Seattle, U.S.A
geez i wonder will homeless kids i'll be helping there be affected by my bad english?

all this cause i welcomed a guy who's a fan of prequels on the board.
you've really can't help yourself.
Last edited by ARCH on 01 Mar 2009 17:33, edited 2 times in total.
" Nature beauteous form

Contains a lovely essence

Called by some- decay

By this lovely presence

New life finds its way.

Tears shed silently

Are but water of soul

They bring new life

To the pain of being--

A separation from that seeing

Which death makes whole."

-klAckAlicA-



omnia mea mecum porto.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 01 Mar 2009 17:29

Nah, thanks anyway, though.

It's sunny today and your posts have put me in the mind to go out and plant some flowers. :D

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1639
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Postby chanilover » 02 Mar 2009 02:32

sunshine on ST wrote:I've just been on Jacurutu today
It's going to sound so funny but there are so many males from America that can't find nothing better to do with themselves but slander female admins on old Dune based forums.


Hmm. So what's the deal here, and why is gender relevant? Are you implying that Hyppo's sex has anything to do with what went on, rather than her lies and unethical behaviour?

I find prejudice of any form, including sexist remarks brining up people's gender for no reason, extremely distasteful. If your intention wasn't to raise gender as an issue, you should make youself clearer. No one likes a bigot.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

Entik
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Jun 2010 01:50
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby Entik » 20 Jun 2010 02:48

I'll add my water to the tribe.

Hi all. I'm a long time Dune fan (read the original series twice and almost all of the sequels/prequels) and I chose your forum over Dune Novels because like you guys I just can't stand the way KJA/BH completely fucked up with the original story. Too many inconsistencies and overall bad writing... Brian Herbert should have followed the example of Christopher Tolkien in how to handle his father's heritage... anyway... English is not my first language but I'll try to participate here to the best of my knowledge of this incredible universe.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby SandChigger » 20 Jun 2010 03:22

Achlan wasachlan! :)

Welcome! Don't worry, your English looks fine. :) (We only make fun of the language skills of McDune/KJA fans. And the Canadian guy called Thing. ;) )

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5735
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby lotek » 20 Jun 2010 03:28

Thing's Canadian?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdXmYGFBcU&feature=related[/youtube]
:mrgreen:
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jun 2010 11:40

Yarr, Canadian indeed, and with mighty fine English (better than you "u" hating Americans! :evil: )

:wink:

Welcome to Jacurutu.
Image

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5735
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby lotek » 21 Jun 2010 13:29

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Yarr, Canadian indeed, and with mighty fine English (better than you "u" hating Americans! :evil: )


only teasing, only teasing :cat fight: :mrgreen:

but I ... am not american(and I don't slander long forgotten female admins because I don't know them, but then there is Jabecca so...)

French Spanish on my mother's side
Irish British.. well you guessed!
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jun 2010 13:59

lotek wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Yarr, Canadian indeed, and with mighty fine English (better than you "u" hating Americans! :evil: )


only teasing, only teasing :cat fight: :mrgreen:

but I ... am not american(and I don't slander long forgotten female admins because I don't know them, but then there is Jabecca so...)

French Spanish on my mother's side
Irish British.. well you guessed!


Oh I know you were just teasing! Sorry to call you an American, no offense intended! You've got to get some kind of location up on your profile for those of us with weaker memories...
Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Jun 2010 14:06

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Sorry to call you an American, no offense intended!


Hey! :x
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jun 2010 14:45

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Sorry to call you an American, no offense intended!


Hey! :x


:P
Image

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jun 2010 14:49

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Sorry to call you an American, no offense intended!


Hey! :x


:P



Technically I'm American too...
Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Jun 2010 14:57

Image

:P
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 21 Jun 2010 15:21

Or, since many Americans think we're to the south (not sure where they think Mexico is then...) maybe we're sometimes it's pants too? Very confusing. :lol:

I do like that cartoon though. :D
Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: New Users - Please Read

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Jun 2010 15:29

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Or, since many Americans think we're to the south (not sure where they think Mexico is then...) maybe we're sometimes it's pants too? Very confusing. :lol:

I do like that cartoon though. :D


Hell, they probably can't even find the USA on a map so it doesn't matter.

You know what I say, half the people...
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman


Return to “˱”