Greetings fellow outcasts...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Abulurd Harkonnen

Greetings fellow outcasts...

Post by Abulurd Harkonnen »

There was a time... nearly ten years ago, come to think about it, when a very much younger Abulurd Harkonnen frequented a very similar site, the glorious Sietch of Ivan the Naib, called "Dreamers of Dune"... Those were good times, when a forum newbie, such as I was back then, could stand tall, express their opinions freely, co-found a Cult of Inebriation called the Beerding Way, fit every other newcomer with a complimentary-compulsory Heartplug (all part of the then-well-known Harkonnen Welcoming Package), defend their Sietch from trolling hordes and connect to numerous likely-minded people. Since then, the Sands of Time have long turned the fortunes of Ivan's ancient Sietch. Having come under multiple malicious attacks, it succumbed to entropy and slowly turned into a barren place, only to be reconsumed by the desert, it's inhabitants having scattered all over the universe. Many a time have I made contact with other forums, only to leave shortly thereafter, since my life had apparently acquired the habit of interfering with my attempts to find another place to call home...

Several months ago, I stumbled upon the entrance to this Sietch and felt a sense of familiarity, that reminded me of glories of old... even some of the names here, had a familiar ring to them. Alas, I was forced to another hiatus, before I could enter your community. Now, and since my life seems to have at long last stabilized somewhat, I traced my steps back here and humbly (well... at least humbly for a Harkonnen... that is... not particularly humbly, when I think about it) ask for permission to enter...

PS: I find it necessary (in our times of deception, darkness and plethora of intellectual excretions, courtesy of the Pinky and the Brian), to clarify that I take my forum ID, Abulurd Harkonnen, from the appendix of Frank Herbert's Dune, where a Bashar of that name and the consequences of his decisions during the Butlerian Jihad are vaguely hinted upon... I hereby reject any implication of affiliation with aforementioned Pinky and Brian and any characters they might have secreted over the course of their "careers" as "authors"...
Education is no substitute for intelligence. That elusive quality is defined only in part by puzzle-solving ability. It is in the creation of new puzzles reflecting what your senses report that you round out the definitions.

-Frank Herbert
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Greetings fellow outcasts...

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Abulurd Harkonnen

:D

Thank you, Master Freak... I like the... subtle welcome ;)
Education is no substitute for intelligence. That elusive quality is defined only in part by puzzle-solving ability. It is in the creation of new puzzles reflecting what your senses report that you round out the definitions.

-Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm glad you finally found your way back home!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Abulurd Harkonnen

Took me long enough, all thanx to a little thing called "life" :roll:

It's very, very good to be back, though...

-Frank Herbert
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Welcome Welcome!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

Glad to find a lost brother.
Welcome back !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

welcome.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home! .... good to see another old friend from DoD has found his way back.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! Image
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hellooooooo!!!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Abulurd Harkonnen

Many thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!! Now, where DID I put that box of Heartplugs... ;)

-Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

(Here you just get a massive dose of spice, if you stay away too long you'll die of withdrawal.)
~Pink Snowman
Abulurd Harkonnen

Ahhhhh... just what I needed... I can practically feel the complex molecules coarsind through my veins... calming me down... doing their beneficient work... Freak, you have this Harkonnen's gratitude...

-Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I exist only to serve. :D
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Welcome. Your Water is Ours.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
trang

Post by trang »

Well Met and Welcome New brother, sounds like your boots have seen many travels, while I may never have crossed your path in the past, sounds like good travels ahead.

Grab a Spice Beer and join in, I see Sand Rider has already claimed your water:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."