• Login
  •          

Hi I'm James

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Hi I'm James

Postby Omphalos » 19 Nov 2011 02:10

Tleszer wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:I knew two guys from Garden City and one from West Islip that all said it that way.

Hmm, interesting... surely my college roommate would have said something to me considering he often enough tried to find what words my "accent" altered. I only admit to "coffee" and "quarter." Actually, I did cringe whenever I heard a classmate say "soder" and the like.

I'm not too far from Garden City. Maybe Lynbrook is special... or maybe I just tried harder because I needed a speech therapist when I was younger. Yes, I know :roll: , but it was because I had constant ear infections before the age of 5. Apparently it's hard to speak properly if you don't quite hear well enough.

I knew the Garden City guys way back in college. Now that I think more on it I remember the one who's grandmother lived on the East Side used to make fun of the other one whose family was pure Garden City townies about saying "Lon-G Ayeland". Hmmmmm. Micro regional accents?
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby Rymoah » 20 Nov 2011 14:38

Welcome! :D I'm from Bergamo, Italy.

Rymoah
    Rymoah

Postby lotek » 20 Nov 2011 16:02

Tleszer wrote: Apparently it's hard to speak properly if you don't quite hear well enough.

go tell that to the hack, his own mouthfarts prevent him from hearing how stupid his writing sounds...
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    lotek

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Nov 2011 00:33

Rymoah wrote:Welcome! :D I'm from Bergamo, Italy.

Rymoah

It's party time, Italian style.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Previous

Return to ˱