• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Thunder introduction:

    Image
      Tell us a little about yourself

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 10:20

    Greetings everyone:

    I browsed the board and saw many familiar names, so i joined for some conversation.

    Concerning myself:
    I have a Bachelor's degree in philosophy from a reputable school. This, together with work experience in a large national corporation, gives me the right to a monstrous ego which seeps through my messages despite my attempts to conceal it. However, I am really and truly a composer, and artist. I love physical fitness, especially strength training, and Kempo. For my quality that is most relevant to this forum: I hold Frank Herbert's Dune series in high regard that is equally matched with passion. Some may call it obsession, but if you understand this, and i think that you do, then i have come to the right place, and i know that i have.
    Last edited by Thunder on 03 Sep 2011 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby lotek » 03 Sep 2011 10:22

    obsessed is our middle name

    welcome twice welcome, watch out for that ego though, hope it's not too blatant nor sensitive !
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 10:29

    lotek wrote:obsessed is our middle name


    I keep it under control on Forums. It will manifest itself in other areas of my life, but it has to rear its ugly head somewhere. I really do not take myself that seriously for that ego to be a problem...at least that is what i tell myself. And now to scour the forum…
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby lotek » 03 Sep 2011 11:23

    hey don't get me wrong, having trust in your abilities is good, but we've seen quite a few people that made that statement right from the start and they mostly turned out to be dicks, hence the knee jerk reaction.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 11:33

    lotek wrote:hey don't get me wrong, having trust in your abilities is good, but we've seen quite a few people that made that statement right from the start and they mostly turned out to be dicks, hence the knee jerk reaction.

    Interesting.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby lotek » 03 Sep 2011 11:39

    yup, knee to the groin is the way to deal with dicks
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Serkanner » 03 Sep 2011 12:22

    Great, another asshole. Do you guys always come by the dozen?
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Omphalos » 03 Sep 2011 12:39

    Are you ThunderDab on DN?
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6584
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Freakzilla » 03 Sep 2011 13:50

    :text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 14:12

    Serkanner wrote:Great, another asshole. Do you guys always come by the dozen?

    I don't understand your post. You'll have to clarify yourself.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 14:18

    Omphalos wrote:Are you ThunderDab on DN?

    Yes. I was hoping to let my avatar give me away, but you have exposed me.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 14:20

    Freakzilla wrote::text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:

    Thank You, and it is good to be here.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 03 Sep 2011 15:06

    Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 15:29

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....

    Well, considering that i don't know of any "great exodus", i must have joined after. It may have been while i was still reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, because i chose to refrain from the official Dune site, and other Dune sites and anything related to Dune, because of spoliers.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 03 Sep 2011 15:37

    Thunder wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....

    Well, considering that i don't know of any "great exodus", i must have joined after. It may have been while i was still reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, because i chose to refrain from the official Dune site, and other Dune sites and anything related to Dune, because of spoliers.


    Ah, there was a period a couple years ago when basically every person who posted often on DN was banned from the site and Jacurutu is where we carry on. To this day DN hasn't recovered, every month they have fewer and fewer posts than the last.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby lotek » 03 Sep 2011 17:37

    Thunder wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....

    Well, considering that i don't know of any "great exodus", i must have joined after. It may have been while i was still reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, because i chose to refrain from the official Dune site, and other Dune sites and anything related to Dune, because of spoliers.


    I refrained because
    a) it's basically an empty PR stunt for the hack
    b) I got banned for cherry picking
    c) it's much more fun here

    And if you truly enjoy Dune as much as you say you do there is no way you'd want anything to do with that drivel nudune. I read a few of them before I knew of this place and the first thing I thought was "man this was a ultra quick read !" (and then I was sick)

    Anyway I'm not the best at rants here so I'll stop boring you with petty details, I am looking forward to a new point of view, as long as it's a properly constructed argumentation. (meaning there is the standard amount of gibberish, no more no less)
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 19:39

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Thunder wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....

    Well, considering that i don't know of any "great exodus", i must have joined after. It may have been while i was still reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, because i chose to refrain from the official Dune site, and other Dune sites and anything related to Dune, because of spoliers.


    Ah, there was a period a couple years ago when basically every person who posted often on DN was banned from the site and Jacurutu is where we carry on. To this day DN hasn't recovered, every month they have fewer and fewer posts than the last.


    I think you are right. I must have been reading while this event that you mentioned happened. I didn't even know about it.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 19:50

    lotek wrote:
    Thunder wrote:
    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome, I'm trying to remember if I remember you from before the great exodus from DN....

    Well, considering that i don't know of any "great exodus", i must have joined after. It may have been while i was still reading Frank Herbert's Dune series, because i chose to refrain from the official Dune site, and other Dune sites and anything related to Dune, because of spoliers.


    I refrained because
    a) it's basically an empty PR stunt for the hack
    b) I got banned for cherry picking
    c) it's much more fun here

    And if you truly enjoy Dune as much as you say you do there is no way you'd want anything to do with that drivel nudune. I read a few of them before I knew of this place and the first thing I thought was "man this was a ultra quick read !" (and then I was sick)

    Anyway I'm not the best at rants here so I'll stop boring you with petty details, I am looking forward to a new point of view, as long as it's a properly constructed argumentation. (meaning there is the standard amount of gibberish, no more no less)


    I think that you'll find me to be a fan of Frank Herbert's Dune series. There is no denying that.

    I'm not familiar with recent American colloquialisms: What is cherry picking, aside from busting a girl's cherry?
    And hack means amateur?
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Freakzilla » 03 Sep 2011 20:06

    CHERRY-PICK: to select the best or most desirable

    HACK: a writer who works on order; also : a writer who aims solely for commercial success

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 03 Sep 2011 20:16

    Freakzilla wrote:CHERRY-PICK: to select the best or most desirable

    HACK: a writer who works on order; also : a writer who aims solely for commercial success

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

    Thanks, that clears some things up.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Freakzilla » 03 Sep 2011 21:28

    I exist only to serve. :D
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18073
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby merkin muffley » 04 Sep 2011 16:31

    ThunderDab! I remember you!

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO6P8NmkJqc&feature=related[/youtube]
    "I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
    User avatar
    merkin muffley
     
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
    Location: War Room

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 04 Sep 2011 18:03

    merkin muffley wrote:ThunderDab! I remember you!

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO6P8NmkJqc&feature=related[/youtube]



    How are ya. But i have to say, i don't remember you.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby merkin muffley » 04 Sep 2011 18:29

    Thunder wrote:
    merkin muffley wrote:ThunderDab! I remember you!

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO6P8NmkJqc&feature=related[/youtube]



    How are ya. But i have to say, i don't remember you.


    That was because I was, like, ten different people over at DN.
    "I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
    User avatar
    merkin muffley
     
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
    Location: War Room

    Re: Thunder introduction:

    Postby Thunder » 05 Sep 2011 08:47

    merkin muffley wrote:
    Thunder wrote:
    merkin muffley wrote:ThunderDab! I remember you!

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO6P8NmkJqc&feature=related[/youtube]



    How are ya. But i have to say, i don't remember you.


    That was because I was, like, ten different people over at DN.

    O.k., which ones? Let me see if i can remember.
    “I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature”

    Adolf Hitler
    User avatar
    Thunder
     
    Posts: 34
    Joined: 23 Aug 2011 14:03

    Next

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

    cron