Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

D Pope

Re: Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Post by D Pope »

To Nekhrun,
I googled Dune & went surfing, came across maybe three forums- all about how great the usurper & his sidekick were, got disgusted & moved on. In fact, there was only one line I read that didn't seem to come from the KJH- something to the effect of 'deleting any post that's less than flattering...censorship like that...will keep me going for a decade!' The closest thing to dissent i'd seen. I don't doubt that you've already seen as much as I have, sorry if I can't give a new site of stupidity.

It doesn't appear to be a unique opinion here but it does feel good to write KEVIN & BRIAN SIMPLY DON'T GET IT! There's a part of me that wants to detail my reasons for so definitive a statement but continuing in that vein will only get me all pissed off. I take comfort from knowing that while my opinions may be disputed here, that dispute is based on Franks writing.

I'd really like to continue but for some reason my wife only wants to talk to me when i'm typing.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:To Nekhrun,
I googled Dune & went surfing, came across maybe three forums- all about how great the usurper & his sidekick were, got disgusted & moved on. In fact, there was only one line I read that didn't seem to come from the KJH- something to the effect of 'deleting any post that's less than flattering...censorship like that...will keep me going for a decade!' The closest thing to dissent i'd seen.
Not to belabor the point, and now it doesn't really have anything to do with you, but if you could create that search and post some links here please, I'd like to go slumming it for a bit. :twisted:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Not good at this 'computer stuff' more coming

http://www.dunenovels.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=1002066" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't find the other, sorry mate.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:Not good at this 'computer stuff' more coming

http://www.dunenovels.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=1002066" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't find the other, sorry mate.
The syfy one will do for now. Thanks. We all know about the shit hole that is DN. Byron's denying that he deletes any posts that are critical of the new books simply on writing critique.

Edit: I spoke too soon, that board is as dead as DN and C-H.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Nekhrun wrote:....

Now Sandrider, do the rest of us!

That could sound so dirty in the right/wrong mind. :twisted:

Oh and if I haven't said it already....Welcome on board mate. You've found the right place for Dune knowledge. And make sure your shots are up to date some of the members might bite occasionally.

Look forward to reading more from you.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I don't know where else to put this, so...

Mr. Teg, " Never smelled the winds of dune" -simply fantastic! So much so that it was totally worth getting into trouble with my wife for laughing my ass off during a dramatic moment on her tearjerker movie.

Salute & Well Done to the artist behind the movie poster For A Few Dollars More! Good stuff!

Glad to hear the other forums are dead, I did not want to belive KJH were adding all the material themselves. Ever seen the original Bedazzeled with Peter Cook & Dudley Moore? There's a great scene where Dudley asks the devil why he did it, why he fell. That answere applies to other forums lack of activity.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Busy Week
Posted By admin on May 8, 2010

A confluence of ongoing projects swirled around me this week, challenging my multiprocessing ability:

• Brian Herbert delivered his final edit of the HELLHOLE manuscript to me, and I’m going over the 679 pages one last time (up to p 375, as of today). This is the ninth draft, and all the pieces are fitting together very well. When I’m finished, Rebecca will go over the prose, line by line, to make as polished as possible before it goes into production.

http://kjablog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure anyone will be interested in this or not.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Busy Week

A confluence of ongoing projects swirled around me this week, challenging my multiprocessing ability:

• Brian Herbert delivered his final edit of the HELLHOLE manuscript to me, and I’m going over the 679 pages one last time (up to p 375, as of today). This is the ninth draft, and all the pieces are fitting together very well. When I’m finished, Rebecca will go over the prose, line by line, to make as polished as possible before it goes into production.

Notice how he counts pages... that's how he measures his talent.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:

Becky too. It's the only thing that adds up.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Becky too. It's the only thing that adds up.
It's like his grocery list. At their seminar they tell people that "to write is to kill a certain amount of time." If all else fails, he knows he can get a couple hundred novels out of the 3500 years between Children of Dune and God Emperor.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Golly, he's just so intelligent & hardworking.... why doesn't the government offer him a job? I hardly think that he could do worse than whomever is cranking out thier oil spill rhetoric.

Say, perhaps that'll make a good ghafla topic, 'List of Alternate Jobs K & B Could Do.'
Last edited by D Pope on 22 May 2010 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Golly, he's just so intelligent & hardworking.... why doesn't the government offer him a job?
He gets way to much done to be in the government, even if the quality is shit.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

where else could he generate vast amounts of paperwork with all the authority & no responsability? Wait, brian hired him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239929/Dune-R ... m-Mitchell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239929/Dune-R ... m-Mitchell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
About eleven years ago. :P

It's at least as good as anything the hacks have written.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

D Pope wrote:Has anyone else seen this?

Look at the "Fan Fiction" heading on this list for more.

http://tau.solahpmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

Well Met and Welcome!! Have a spice beer and join in ( sorry im late saying hello, you obviously have already joined in)

I have been moving into new apartment this past week or so and just got all the tech set back up so haven't had much time to check forums.

I am on HOD this reread ( I forget how many times thru now) its been taking me a while but picking it up speed.

As for other forums, I started on DN after a friend at my old job (whats it been 3 years now? Apjak) mentioned he was a Dune Fan and said they had made some new ones. I went to DN signed up.. began devouring all the new ones.. and slowly my brain came back to sanity and I realized what I had done to myself. The hatred began and remains to this day. I have not forced myself yet to read Winds but will probably after Chapterhouse. I only read them to maintain credibility for complaining about Kjacket and Fartblocker. (you can complain with out reading them to, its a personal thing). I came here with the rest after being banned for voicing my opinion about how atrocious the books are compared to canon.

As for other web sites, I have fav's for all the sites about the books, old movies, and paraphernalia of Dune.

Ive rambled enough... Long Live The Fighters!!

The Spice must Flow......
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, I can't express how great it is to have found people who enjoy Dune & understand the heresy of the usurpers.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Y'all have probably seen this before, I thought it was different.

http://www.worldsgreatestcritic.com/dunenovel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

not sure where to put this, don't want it deleted & gone forever.

John Robertson Dune Messiah down. It's a shame that apparently Frank Herbert's kid ruins the series after God Emperor of Dune.
June 4 at 12:57pm · View Feedback (20)Hide Feedback (20)
John Robertson HE'S NO GEORGE ROCK N ROLL MARTIN IF YOU FEEL ME
June 4 at 12:57pm.Ariel Castro i feel ya
June 4 at 1:00pm.Nate Funk Ya'll know his kid wrote like 6 prequel books with some science fiction author in one of those books he describes basically a cyborg storing his sperm then creating offspring hundreds of years later and that is how the Atreides family started. The cyborg Agamemnon then does some pain semi immortality procedure to make him live thousands of years. ...
See More
Skip forward a book or two and he gets married his wife is an old lady and the narration describes how even though she is getting close to 100 and he still looks like he's 26 they still enjoy love making when she is able. Yal'l know his kid is a pretty big loser. Ya'll should.
June 4 at 4:50pm.John Robertson Ya I looked up everything past Chapterhouse on wikipedia. Hey y'all it's some robots. It sounds kind of interesting but with that many books they had to have dragged things along for ages. Oh no the Honored Matres are seducing our men... WITH SEX!!! Let's breed a Kwisatz Haderach who can do the same to themsdfdfssdfkjsdfksdf
June 4 at 4:52pm.Nate Funk Yeah, I remember back when this stuff was starting he claimed and I shit you not that a spiritual guide channeled his mothers spirit and led him to a safety deposit box containing the foundation of the backstory to the Dune universe and the outline for dune 7. I looked it up and they kind of erased the whole spirit guide part from the safety ...
See More
deposit box story and they've never publicly revealed these notes because they are fake as hell. Anyways the ending to dune 7 was so lullzy it was basically made to justify the robot prequel books. Duncan Idaho turns out to be the ultimate Kwisatz Haderach while Moa'dib clone sits in a pool of his own blood stabbed by "evil Paul" raised by even more evil baron Harkonnene clone. Then Duncan beats up the cpu of whole computer empire then fuses with it to become ruler of man and machine and there is happiness in the universe 4 lyfe.
June 4 at 5:01pm.John Robertson Yea he and Erasmus go super saiyan or something. I liked Duncan, don't get me wrong, but if anyone is going to be the ultimate Kwisatz Haderach it's going to be Paul or Leto II, not freakin' abomination-bangin Duncan.
June 4 at 5:08pm.John Robertson Comedy option would be Gurney owning it up on the baliset and hitting Sardaukar over the head with it or something.
June 4 at 5:09pm.Nate Funk Comedy would of been meeting the computer overmind and Paul goes, "...Father...?" Leto MK XXIX ruler of computer lands.
June 4 at 5:11pm.John Robertson beep boop. GOLDEN PATH. boop.
June 4 at 5:13pm.Nate Funk Kevin J. Anderson is such a fucking joke. He writes Star Wars novels so his vocabulary is stunted and you can tell his sentence structure is horrible because he keeps wanting to say lightsaber or jumped in the hovercraft to shoot Jawas. I kind of would of had a little more respect for Herberts money grubbing fugly kid if he would of ruined the series on his own. I bought them anyways ya'll :/ Had to see the train-wreck.
June 4 at 5:13pm.John Robertson I have a terrible feeling that I'll end up the same way, because it SOUNDS interesting, the Butlerian Jihad was obviously Frank's idea, which means that his kid ran with it but fucked it up royally, and I have to see how bad it gets.
June 4 at 5:14pm.Nate Funk I read it just because there if a reference in Dune or Children of Dune about sandworms not originating on Arakis and wanted to see if they would touch upon that, but they don't even touch on that.
June 4 at 5:23pm.John Robertson Ultraspice lmao
June 4 at 5:24pm.John Robertson I'd read just to find out more about the Oracle of Time because apparently she shows up with a ton of heighliners and wipes out Omnius' army and shit in a crazy way, like sends them all to another dimension. I bet they don't even go into any detail on her.
June 4 at 5:28pm.Nate Funk They do she's like a reject in the tribe who eventually become the Bene Gesserit she has a stunted and ugly body, but is a super genius and invents shields and forms The Guild invents the hyper space travel. Then kills some cyborgs and transcends reality and becomes the Oracle. SPOILER ALERT
June 4 at 5:33pm.John Robertson I like all the Fremen insults. YOUR HANDS ARE DAMP!!!!
June 4 at 5:35pm.Nate Funk YOU HAVE NO IMMORTALITY!!
June 4 at 5:43pm.Ariel Castro wrap it up bookailures
June 4 at 6:31pm.John Robertson books unironically own
June 4 at 9:30pm.Nate Funk Fuckin' Miracles.
June 5 at 2:41am
-Omphalos
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Then Duncan beats up the cpu of whole computer empire then fuses with it to become ruler of man and machine and there is happiness in the universe 4 lyfe.
:lol:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Good stuff? I thought it was worth saving, Sandrider brought it up on facebook Dune.
-Omphalos
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Welcome! Good stuff.

"abomination-bangin' Duncan." I like that.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

yes, it's worth saving, because Corporate Dune will awaken eventually and delete it and act like
dissent doesn't exist ... this could be posted in "posts I think will be deleted at DN", since there
really are no posts at DN to delete now ... that thread was created to post and save what folks
thought Merritt would not approve, also a kind of betting thread ... like with this; how long until
those comments are purged ? &etc ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I think i'll invite them to look around Jacurutu.
I get a kick out of the one follow liking 'your hands are damp.' Looking forward to a chance to use that.

"some science fiction author" priceless!
-Omphalos