Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

D Pope

Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Post by D Pope »

Thank goodness i've found you! There are so many forums expressing the 'wonderfull job' brian & KJH are doing I began to lose hope for humanity, thinking I alone was left to bear the standard for Frank. This site & your exceptional grasp of the material restores a modicum of faith to a soul too long in the desert.
I hope that I can do justice to the brilliant commentary i've read so far.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Re: Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Post by D Pope »

By the way, I loved the Ming demotivator," I was a friend of Freak"
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol: Welcome! How did you find us?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

D Pope wrote:There are so many forums expressing the 'wonderfull job' brian & KJH are doing ...
Really? Other than KJASF, where are these places?

(Oh, and welcome!)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

TheDukester wrote:
D Pope wrote:There are so many forums expressing the 'wonderfull job' brian & KJH are doing ...
Really? Other than KJASF, where are these places?
Ditto. I try and keep an up to date list of active Dune forums. Which is easier than it sounds, because this is it. :wink:

Welcome :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

hihihi D Pope :D
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thank you all for the wonderfull welcome!

I found a ref to here on utube while parusing results of a Dune search.

I love the Dune books, Void books, & the Jorg McKie spy stories.

If you have interest in other details, ask & I will answer.
-Omphalos
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome, you've found the right place! I do have to echo earlier questions about what other forums there are extolling the virtues of KJABH, because as far as I know there's just DuneNovels.com and some really tiny one KJA started for himself.

Right here is the only real active Dune forum on the net that I'm aware of (English anyways), for or against the new Dune!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

There can be only one...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I do have to echo earlier questions about what other forums there are extolling the virtues of KJABH, because as far as I know there's just DuneNovels.com and some really tiny one KJA started for himself.

Right here is the only real active Dune forum on the net that I'm aware of (English anyways), for or against the new Dune!
Exactly. I'd love to see where
D Pope wrote:There are so many forums expressing the 'wonderfull job' brian & KJH are doing
D Pope wrote:If you have interest in other details, ask & I will answer.
Well?

(Also, HI! :twisted: )
Freakzilla wrote:There can be only one...
When talking about forums in which Keith and the other guy are extolled, I'm reminded of the Captain Murphy quote from Sealab: "There can be only...none!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan fi sietchina! Welcome, doubly welcome to our sietch! :)

(Huna nitkallim Firmani kaman. We speak Fremen here, too. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome on board.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

(Posts about the forum keywords have been merged with the "The Board" topic in "Suggestions".)
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Topic re-railer !! Stone him !!
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Ha-Ha-Ha ! Japs are funny !
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

congrats on your finding us, I have been hooked ever since I joined, not only for the Dune knowledge but also for all the Ghafla(which I believe is my most active part of the forum)

so welcome twice welcome, someone should be claiming your water soon don't be afraid :mrgreen:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thanks again for the warm welcome Everyone!

I've never had an opportunity to discuss Dune before and HOLY COW! What a great place! I've never seen such intelligent analysis of one of my favorite topics. I think i'll have to read the books again before posting because of all the new ways of looking at these wonderfull ideas.

It also seems that there's a whole peck order that i'd like to get a grip on before aggrivating people i'd have as friends. Not that I think there's too much to it, most of what i've seen is friendly enough, I just prefere to avoid the distraction- at least untill I feel comfortable enough not to shoot myself in the foot.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Thanks again for the warm welcome Everyone!

I've never had an opportunity to discuss Dune before and HOLY COW! What a great place! I've never seen such intelligent analysis of one of my favorite topics. I think i'll have to read the books again before posting because of all the new ways of looking at these wonderfull ideas.
Thank you!
It also seems that there's a whole peck order that i'd like to get a grip on before aggrivating people i'd have as friends. Not that I think there's too much to it, most of what i've seen is friendly enough, I just prefere to avoid the distraction- at least untill I feel comfortable enough not to shoot myself in the foot.
Don't worry about it, we'll let you know if you're wrong... without too much attitude. :P
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

ain't about that ... it's about your attitude - towards Frank & the Books, towards the other Iduali,
but mostly, it's about the attitude you have towards your-own-self ...

take Onasander - wrong way to do it; leaving off the whole Troll Fail incident,
his Dune posts are mostly pointless, if not wrong - and that's okay, too, if
he was willing to accept that he had been wrong and make a better effort -
but his tone is one of a Master talking down to the First Year Students -
thus, he makes an ass of himself, but, like TheKJA, is so self-absorbed and dense,
doesn't realize it; for his world to work, we have to be the retarded ones ...

A Thing of Eternity is the right way to do it - Thing is not a fast thinker, but he is a
deep and long thinker - so he may post something too quickly, that even if someone
didn't come along and immediately correct, he'd figure out later - how much later, well ...

when he is corrected, or shown the error in his reasoning, he's grateful, absorbs the new information
and goes on about his business - Thing is a learner .... however, all this is mostly due simply
to the fact that AToE is just a normal, well-adjusted adult ... he's got some bad spelling habits,
and I've ridden him hard over a few of them ... I think he eventually started spelling whichever
word it was right, too ... (BTW, Thing weird - i before e except after c and weird)
he took the jabbing in good spirits ("Ha-Ha, yeah, I always misspell that ..."), realized it wasn't a
big fucking insult at all, and just ... rolled on; as opposed to some who've freaked out like Barney Fife,
or said "fuck you, you cant win the arguement so your just nittpicking my speling and gramar and I
type real fast so fuck you"
while losing the argument ...

so anyway, you get the point - post Frank-related stuff with an honest and open heart,
and it'll all be cool, bay-be ... and there's no "pecking order" - everybody's judged on the
quality of their posts and attitude .... Freak's a vast storehouse of instant Dune knowledge,
but he makes erroneous statements all the time, is corrected by someone else, thanks them,
and just .... rolls on; and while a Dune Scholar of the Old School, he doesn't know squat about
modern real-life politics ... I burned out on thinking about Dune a long time ago (psychoactive
drugs were also involved) so I'm just here for the good entertainment - I used to post on
Civil War boards alot, but really got pissed off at not being able to tell a shitheel he was a shitheel
(hi Onas ! Hi Jimmy ! hi Keith !) so the openness and honesty of this board was a major attraction -
plus, I'm an old guy but I like to Keep Up With the Kids, to a certain point, (fuck LimpBizkit, Jimmy,
you're retarded) so when I really got into this internet trolling and flamewar hobby, I found this
place full of intelligent, quick, clever, goddamn funny boys and girls ... unlike most other forums and
boards of ANY type, where it's either children who're too dumb to fuck right, or thin-skinned adults
who want to "keep the net a safe place", or boy-men 4channers with no social skill whatsoever ...

goddamn, I gotta get outta here ...

you kids get off my lawn !!

>> edit <<

cock-blocked again by the Freak ...
(think I've said that before, in a completely different context ...)
I started typing that post about an hour ago, and got sidetracked (again) into fucking
Google Maps - the event is on the other side of Fort Hood, and I can't figure out how to get there yet ..

I was gonna edit, anyway, tho, to say:

also:

Welcome. Your Water Is Ours.
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:It also seems that there's a whole peck order that i'd like to get a grip on before aggrivating people i'd have as friends. Not that I think there's too much to it, most of what i've seen is friendly enough, I just prefere to avoid the distraction- at least untill I feel comfortable enough not to shoot myself in the foot.
Well, you could start by addressing the question from page one of this thread. Something about other forums where kja and the other guy have a following. Inquiring minds and all that.

Now Sandrider, do the rest of us!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Nekhrun wrote:Now Sandrider, do the rest of us!
Fuck off, who needs that level of clarity. :P
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Hi, and welcome to the board.

Don't be afraid to speak up. Even if you shoot yourself in the foot, (i.e. you post something speculative and someone - Freak, usually - posts a quote that shoots it down), we all learn from it. Just stick to the FH books and we'll get on fine :).

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks