• Login
  •          

Loremaster

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Loremaster

Postby loremaster » 20 Feb 2008 18:06

G'd evenin' all.

Adam, a.k.a. Lore, i'm sure you've all seen me at the various forums on this migration around all the boards.

Is this one likely to stay now? Do we prefer almost undeleted? Or do I have to keep bouncing between the two as well as checking Dumbnovels infrequently?

(I use the internet to check these three, and a ouija board for Arrakeen. )

I'm 22, a teacher (all science 11-16, Chem and Biology to 'A' Level, and I dabble in 11- 14 maths from time to time when begged 'cause the entire U.K. only has three mathematics teachers left).

I live in Leicester, UK.

I particularly love Dune's science, even though its not how the universe really works.... I think Frank made a marvelous effort at producing logical, plausible, consistent models and rules for the science of his world, particularly prescience (and the GP). Anyone has ANY topic in this vein let me know and i`ll gladly donate my £0.02 to the cause.

Or just any interesting dune conversations really. Just dont quote the preeks at me and we'll get along fine.

See you all around.

Edit: Random Shit Grammar
    The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!
    loremaster

Postby Mandy » 20 Feb 2008 19:10

Howdy.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby GamePlayer » 20 Feb 2008 20:56

So many new peoples. Welcome!
    GamePlayer
    70mm God

Postby SandChigger » 20 Feb 2008 21:14

Howdy, again! :D
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Simon » 22 Feb 2008 20:11

Ello!
    Simon

Return to ˱