• Login
  •          

Rakis

Tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Rakis

Postby Rakis » 17 Feb 2008 00:40

Hi to all of you !!

Some of you may know me from DuneNovels or Keen. I'm new to Dune, read the books only 2 years ago...

I live in Montreal, Canada, with my girlfriend and my beautiful 2 year old daughter. For the past 19 years, i've been working with homeless kids and young adults, trying to help them get a better life...

Online, my interests are cars, scifi in general. I don't always have the time to post, but i read mostly what you will write...I'm on the internet to take a break from it all and that's what i get with Dune, so i thank you all !! :D :D :D
    Rakis

Postby Freakzilla » 17 Feb 2008 00:53

Glad you could make it!
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby SandChigger » 17 Feb 2008 01:10

Hey, Rakis!

(Can't remember if you joined the DN BBS before or after I was banned, but your reputation precedes you. ;) )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby GamePlayer » 17 Feb 2008 01:23

More Canadians. Just what we don't need. I prefer to be the negative impression for my country on my own. I don't like competition :wink: :lol:

Hehehe, welcome to the boards.
    GamePlayer
    70mm God

Postby Omphalos » 17 Feb 2008 01:44

Hellooooooooo!
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby Crysknife » 17 Feb 2008 02:18

Welcome!
    Crysknife

Postby Simon » 17 Feb 2008 05:18

Hey Rakis!
    Simon

Postby Tleilax Master B » 17 Feb 2008 10:30

Cool, glad you made over here Rakis! You were high on the list of people that needed a personal invite! :wink:
    Tleilax Master B

Postby Rakis » 18 Feb 2008 18:55

Thanks for the welcome guys !! :D
    Rakis

Postby Tyrant Worm » 19 Feb 2008 11:23

Hola! Como estas?
    Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and perpetrator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself—a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred.
    -The Apocrypha of Muad'Dib
    Tyrant Worm

Postby Fantômas » 19 Feb 2008 11:45

May the peace of a thousand camels in the desert surround you & yours. 8)
    Fantômas

Postby SandChigger » 19 Feb 2008 12:02

(Peace? :shock: You've obviously never been in the desert surrounded by a thousand spitting, farting camels. :roll: )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Mandy » 19 Feb 2008 14:55

Hi Rakis, I don't think I've met you before... so nice to meet ya.
    Mandy
    Cat Herder

Postby Fantômas » 19 Feb 2008 15:36

Farting? Oh yes.. Flatulation. I do it. You do it? Good fo me. Good for you?
    Fantômas

Postby SandChigger » 19 Feb 2008 20:06

But BAD for everyone when it's a thousand camels doing it. :shock:

Brings tears to your eyes. Makes you pray to Shai Hulud for a coriolis storm. Nasty, nasty stuff. :mrgreen:

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Rakis » 20 Feb 2008 22:16

:shock: :shock:

Well, Chigger, Fantomas, thanks for this...warm...farting camels all over me welcome...i've never been so touch by...gas...Really. I mean it.

I wish you both the same...gastric... soup of love and... :?

WHERE THE F*** IS THIS TREAD GOING ???

:lol: :lol:
    Rakis

Postby SandChigger » 21 Feb 2008 05:41

:shock:

The answer to that should be obvious:

Whither you lead it, O Threadrider!

Deny your Fate, which you yourself have chosen, no longer!

Lead!

:D

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Fantômas » 21 Feb 2008 09:11

:D
    Fantômas

Return to ˱