KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Good Morning, Jacurutu!

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, you're too nice. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:Yeah, you're too nice. ;)
I'm happy SOMEONE is being nice... :)

Good nite all - See you in teh morning... :D

Post by Eyes High »

redbugpest wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote: I thought this was a board open to *anyone*
You're still here aren't you?
Why yes I am.

The main thing Redbug is that you will not be banned from this board (except in the game thread 'ban the person above you' of course if you choose to play) just for disagreeing with the majority of the members on here like some Dune boards ‘allegedly’ do. And I know I shoudn't even put that allegedly in there but like Chig says; I'm just too nice sometimes.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

We weren't banned from Dune Novels for disagreeing with the majority of the members. The majority of the members over there are mum and never said much of anything one way or the other. After we were banned, there wasn't this sudden upwelling of oppressed opinion, other than from that fuckhead arnoldo.

No, we were banned for pointing out how badly the new McDune novels suck and what a piss poor "author" Kevin J. Anderson is, for making fun of that non-entity Brian Herbert, and for reminding the Herberts just how badly they have sold out Frank Herbert's legacy.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I just couldn't think of a "nice" way to put that. ;)
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

There really isn't any nice way to put it. ;)
Sev

Post by Sev »

I'm surprised to see the kid has the balls to actually join, but seriously doubt he's the mental skills and general Dune knowledge needed to mix it with a lot of our senior members - hell, I've been reading Frank for 25 years and don't consider myself in the same league knowledge-wise. This could be embarrassing, but welcome nonetheless.
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sev wrote:I'm surprised to see the kid has the balls to actually join...
He's no kid. He's 44, if the info on his MySpace page is to be believed.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Cheers for the link TheDukester, and the word for the day is Shibboleth.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Hi, and welcome.

I have this odd idea that I should welcome discussion of my beliefs, otherwise they will atrophy and become prejudices. So I will welcome debate over the KJA books, and hope to keep it civil at to the point, of course. I invite you to have a gander at this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1495&p=51813

And hope that you are also willing to test your beliefs.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This should be entertaining.
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Is this kid one of Kevin's special little troopers?
Do him a favor and call the Department of Social Services.
(What state is coming up for his ISP-connection?)
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Lundse wrote:Hi, and welcome.

I have this odd idea that I should welcome discussion of my beliefs, otherwise they will atrophy and become prejudices. So I will welcome debate over the KJA books, and hope to keep it civil at to the point, of course. I invite you to have a gander at this:

Good for you. I think that the fundamental problem with a few of the peeps around here is that they have gone beyond being prejudicial about the books. They moved away from being able to have real discussions and have crossed into the realm of Cyber Bullying.

The blurb Sandchigger posted above about being kicked off boards for “pointing out how badly the new McDune novels suck and what a piss poor "author" Kevin J. Anderson is, for making fun of that non-entity Brian Herbert, and for reminding the Herbert’s just how badly they have sold out Frank Herbert's legacy” is an example of how far they have moved from a conservative core herbertonian point of view into a radical “Believe as we do or else” view.

I personally think that Sandchigger is offensive and derogating to people that like the books as a form of personal entertainment, and that some others take what he does too seriously – following him blindly like lemmings running for the cliff edge.

But, we will talk more about that in other threads, as this one is becoming ponderously long, and is veering of the topic of Hi and Welcome.

I always keep an open mind, and am willing to change my belief structure as new information becomes available. This will go where it goes.

Post by Schu »

redbugpest wrote:

Good for you. I think that the fundamental problem with a few of the peeps around here is that they have gone beyond being prejudicial about the books. They moved away from being able to have real discussions and have crossed into the realm of Cyber Bullying.

The blurb Sandchigger posted above about being kicked off boards for “pointing out how badly the new McDune novels suck and what a piss poor "author" Kevin J. Anderson is, for making fun of that non-entity Brian Herbert, and for reminding the Herbert’s just how badly they have sold out Frank Herbert's legacy” is an example of how far they have moved from a conservative core herbertonian point of view into a radical “Believe as we do or else” view.

I personally think that Sandchigger is offensive and derogating to people that like the books as a form of personal entertainment, and that some others take what he does too seriously – following him blindly like lemmings running for the cliff edge.

But, we will talk more about that in other threads, as this one is becoming ponderously long, and is veering of the topic of Hi and Welcome.

I always keep an open mind, and am willing to change my belief structure as new information becomes available. This will go where it goes.
1. We can't be prejudiced about something we've read and experienced and regretted. That is not prejudice, that's just judging, no "pre" about it.

2. Nope, it's plain truth that people get kicked off dunenovels.com for merely stating that they dislike the work of Brian Herbert and KJA (or sometimes not even that).

3. You're damn right SC does this partly as a form of entertainment, as do most of the rest of us, but there's no lemmings about it, just people doing what they enjoy :) maybe if you weren't so easy to kick around we'd reconsider. Probably not though... (also lemmings don't really do that, dumbass)

4. You may keep an open mind (good for you, bucko!) but that doesn't help if you're a weak-minded fool that wouldn't know good literature if it kicked him in the ass. Hey guys, can someone get in to some kind of novel suit (say, the novel "Dune") and kick this guy in the ass?

5. Be a good boy and retype the parts in red. Also explain to me how I can be more derogating to people like you, it's hard, and I would appreciate some advice.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:Freak, this is our ol' buddy bconway.
In that case, he's even more welcome! :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

redbugpest wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Go fuck yourself, asswipe.
Wow - Not the warm welcome I expected from you, Chiggie ol buddy!

I thought this was a board open to *anyone*

My My. *shaking head* such an angry chigger.... :violin:
It is, but the management is not responsible for the actions of the members. If you're a KJA/BH fan and not prepared to defend your position and you don't have a thick skin, this might not be the place for you.

I, for one, welcome you and will be happy to discuss FH's Dune series with you.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

redbugpest wrote:I should sign up at DN as well. :mrgreen:
A word of warning: Membership here may result in a ban at the official Dune Novels forum. There's not much action there anyway, from what I here.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sev wrote:I'm surprised to see the kid has the balls to actually join, but seriously doubt he's the mental skills and general Dune knowledge needed to mix it with a lot of our senior members - hell, I've been reading Frank for 25 years and don't consider myself in the same league knowledge-wise. This could be embarrassing, but welcome nonetheless.
If he want's to try, he's welcome.
~Pink Snowman
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Schu wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

1. We can't be prejudiced about something we've read and experienced and regretted. That is not prejudice, that's just judging, no "pre" about it.Actually, it’s an opinion, of which I am entitled to my own

2. Nope, it's plain truth that people get kicked off dunenovels.com for merely stating that they dislike the work of Brian Herbert and KJA (or sometimes not even that).Have never haunted there, so I will have to take your word for it

3. You're damn right SC does this partly as a form of entertainment, as do most of the rest of us, but there's no lemmings about it, just people doing what they enjoy :) maybe if you weren't so easy to kick around we'd reconsider. Probably not though... (also lemmings don't really do that, dumbass)The lemming reference was a metaphor for being a follower - sorry if you couldn't quite understand that. They do, in fact jump off cliffs during migration, just not as a form of mass suicide.
I hope this Wikipedia excerpt clarifies it a bit.
“On occasion, and particularly in the case of the Norway lemmings in Scandinavia, large migrating groups will reach a cliff overlooking the ocean. They will stop until the urge to press on causes them to jump off the cliff and start swimming, sometimes to exhaustion and death.
Due to their association with this odd behavior, lemming suicide is a frequently-used metaphor in reference to people who go along unquestioningly with popular opinion”

4. You may keep an open mind (good for you, bucko!) but that doesn't help if you're a weak-minded fool that wouldn't know good literature if it kicked him in the ass. Hey guys, can someone get in to some kind of novel suit (say, the novel "Dune") and kick this guy in the ass?

5. Be a good boy and retype the parts in red. Also explain to me how I can be more derogating to people like you, it's hard, and I would appreciate some advice.

Post by Schu »

Oh sweety, you fail so hard. By the way, welcome to Jacurutu!

Opinions are funny things. You don't need much to have one. Here I tend to use the advice given by the late great Douglas Adams:

"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me, "Well, you haven't been there, have you? You haven't seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian beaver cheese is equally valid"-- then I can't even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof...."

If you want to hear our evidence that the new dune books are vastly inferior, shoddy, inconsistent work, there's plenty of it here. I think secretly you know it anyway, deel in the most afraid regions of your heart ;)

You said that we were showing some kind of "lemming behaviour" in "following" Sandchigger, indicating you were clinging to the popular, follow-the-leader mass suicides that Disney has given us, which lemmings don't do. Hence, "also lemmings don't really do that, dumbass".
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I suggest you not make the mistake of thinking that we have not read KJA/BH's Dune "efforts". I'm pretty sure most of us have read at least one of their series.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Just some note keeping for those accusing us of blindly following SC: if you're claiming lemming suicide wasn't your metaphorical intent, don't quote a passage that specifically reads lemming suicide as "evidence" :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

GamePlayer wrote:... if you're claiming lemming suicide wasn't your metaphorical intent, don't quote a passage that specifically reads lemming suicide as "evidence" ...
Don't go too fast for him, GP; it's only like his second day.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Actually, I'm switching sides, Duke. When connie tried to emotionally blackmail Eyes at the expense of SC, I was so taken in that he's now ingratiated himself upon me. I'm enraptured by the cunning mind, there is no choice now. One might even make a lemming analogy to explain my turncoat ways :P :wink:

That, and I have a thing for older men :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

GamePlayer wrote:Actually, I'm switching sides ...
Oooooh, nice move. Unexpected, cunning, and brutal. It's got that whole Dr. Yueh vibe going for it. :wink:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.