Kevin J. Anderson: maturity level of a 9-year-old girl

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

Kevin J. Anderson: maturity level of a 9-year-old girl

Post by TheDukester »

From Chigger's blog:

"Rest assured, though, that Brian and I will keep writing the novels, and keep writing them, for as long as it takes until you are completely satisfied. You give us the incentive to keep the series going for many years to come."

Jesus God ... have you ever heard of anything so immature and petulant from an alleged "professional" author? He just has to get the last word in, and can't quite resist getting a little dig in on the way out the door, can he? I didn't know 12-year-olds actually went bald and had fucking comb-overs, Kevin.

But at least we know we've got him rattled. He's lurking here and elsewhere, he's hearing the incredible level of outrage from fans of Dune (or fans of real writing), and he knows that anyone with an IQ over 75 understands that his Dune books are complete shit. And it upsets him; he's sensitive, you know. It's part of being an artist.

Best of all: every morning, he wakes up and looks in the mirror and sees a HACK. And he knows it, deep down where it matters. He knows he's a hack who has never had an original thought in his entire life.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Don't hold back Dukester, tell us how you really feel... :wink:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I do need to catch my breath ... I've thrown down a few manifestos tonight. :)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Have a drink, buddy ! It's on me ! Image
GamePlayer
70mm God

Re: Kevin J. Anderson: maturity level of a 9-year-old girl

Post by GamePlayer »

TheDukester wrote:But at least we know we've got him (Kevin J Anderson) rattled.
Oh, I had that one figured out from the word "talifan" :)

Seriously, that one act of KJA proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is hurting. It's all the smoking gun we will ever need. No mature, rational and guilt-free individual responds to harsh criticism by labeling his critics as "terrorists". Only bad, unprofessional, and guilty "writers" act in such ways. :)

Like Seinfeld says, if the crowd doesn't laugh, it's not the crowd's fault.

What's even more hilarious is that KJA would be hateful enough to declare his "critics" as his incentive to write more awful novels, especially since we know that's a lie. Talk about a foot in your mouth! Though I must say granting critics such an honor is quite the compliment. Critics call KJA's books trash and he writes more for spite? Wow, I'm amazed by the intellectual lows to which you aspire, "Mr. Anderson" :)

In KJA's most private moments, to the core of his being, and upon his death bed, he will forever be haunted by the truth of his critics. THAT is the kind of satisfaction for a critic that money can't buy and all the incentive any critic needs to shout "hack" loud and clear just one more time...

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

GP, can I rehost that on my site and post it on my blog and a few other places? (With appropriate credit, of course.)

It's far more eloquent than any words I can put together. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

"Rest assured, though, that Brian and I will keep writing the novels, and keep writing them, for as long as it takes until you are completely satisfied. You give us the incentive to keep the series going for many years to come."
And we'll be here to review them and reveal to everyone the thruth behind their book writting attempt, right guys?
Last edited by Seraphan on 02 Nov 2008 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Sole Man

on KJA AND bRAIN

Post by Sole Man »

What if...Maybe...Just maybe...He's not lying? What if he is telling the truth? *Shudders*

"Mr. Anderson, you're not welcome back. We didn't Miss you."

We need to find a way to destory them. We need to destroy them and everything they stand for. I don't know how, but we must.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:GP, can I rehost that on my site and post it on my blog and a few other places? (With appropriate credit, of course.)

It's far more eloquent than any words I can put together. :D
Absolutely. Post them all over the internet and send them to all your friends. My demotivators are best when shared.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Seraphan, I adore your new avatar. Che done Fallout-style :)
ibanez_az

Post by ibanez_az »

Well I think you insulted nine year old girls everywhere :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm more into the sig image. :P
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. :roll:

That wasn't near as immature as some of the nasty post I've seen directed at him, in fact my guess is that he's laughing more so than "rattled".
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Simon wrote:Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. :roll:

That wasn't near as immature as some of the nasty post I've seen directed at him, in fact my guess is that he's laughing more so than "rattled".
I guess you are right...

KJA is probably more rattled to see PoD fall every Bestsellers list as fast as shit in the sewers... :mrgreen:

...or is Irulan in charge of the Bestsellers lists ? Are they just one Gargantuan lie also? :roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Simon wrote:Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.
I'm not sure you really even understand this expression ... :?

But let that go for now. You missed the most important (and obvious) point, though: the "artist" and the critic do not have the same expectations placed upon their behavior.

The "artist" (sorry about the quotes, but we are talking about KJA) is expected to stay above the fray. If he chooses to interact with any critics at all (and many don't), a smart "artist" will do so professionally and with civility.

A dumbass, though, will not be able to resist getting the last word in, or raising a middle finger, or maybe taking his ball and going home. KJA's massive insecurities shine through every time he makes this mistake: the whole Talifan thing, his rudeness to Chigger, the constant updating of the DuneNovels.com FAQ. It all screams "insecure 12-year-old!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I certainly can't speak for anyone else here, especially since I was not around when the feud began. But to my mind KJA threw down the gauntlet when he labeled his critics as terrorists for their overly enthusiastic criticism of his work. You can piss about who is more to blame all you want, but the line was crossed not by a fan, but by KJA himself.

Like Seinfeld says, when a joke falls flat, you can't blame people for failing to laugh or even acting like apes in protest.

I'm afraid that after that KJA started writing shitty novels, it's not the blame of the readers for harshly criticizing him, even if the critics act like a bunch of immature, whining assholes doing it. They are not the professional writers claiming to deliver a product worth buying. And a true professional would know that, which is why Kevin J. Anderson remains tragically ignorant, red-faced guilty and publicly spiteful :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sandworms fell of just as quick, yet the books kept coming.
Simon

Post by Simon »

TheDukester wrote:
Simon wrote:Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.
I'm not sure you really even understand this expression ... :?

But let that go for now. You missed the most important (and obvious) point, though: the "artist" and the critic do not have the same expectations placed upon their behavior.

The "artist" (sorry about the quotes, but we are talking about KJA) is expected to stay above the fray. If he chooses to interact with any critics at all (and many don't), a smart "artist" will do so professionally and with civility.

A dumbass, though, will not be able to resist getting the last word in, or raising a middle finger, or maybe taking his ball and going home. KJA's massive insecurities shine through every time he makes this mistake: the whole Talifan thing, his rudeness to Chigger, the constant updating of the DuneNovels.com FAQ. It all screams "insecure 12-year-old!"
Wow. I actually agree with you here. You are correct, a person dealing with the public (artist or no) in a professional capacity should always remember that he's "on the clock" and that certain freedoms while at ease should be moderated when dealing with people (customers, clients, readers, etc).

However, I don't think he crossed that line here. He didn't curse, call names, or insult anyone (and I don't mean OHers taking it as an insult, because let's face it, if KJA breaths it insults you gents). He stated a fact. Those books are going to keep coming, like it or not. Perhaps his rubbing Chig's nose in it was a tad immature, but considering the verbal assaults leveled at him time and again by Chig I thought it was a pretty tame response.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Simon wrote:Wow. I actually agree with you here.
"Dogs and cats, living together!" :)

(for all you youngsters: it's a movie line)
Simon

Post by Simon »

:lol:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Simon wrote:OHers

Stop it. Stop it now.

:evil:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Simon

Post by Simon »

??? :?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

TheDukester wrote:
Simon wrote:Wow. I actually agree with you here.
"Dogs and cats, living together!" :)

(for all you youngsters: it's a movie line)
They are supposedly making a sequel to it.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Simon wrote:??? :?
Look, I don't have time to play with you tonight.
I just downloaded the nude chick skins for Postal2.
Just fucking write out what OH stands for, add an "ers" to it,
pronounce it out loud if you can, slap yourself in the face,
and stop writing it.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008