True Story

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

True Story

Post by SandChigger »

Yesterday being Wednesday was "Lunch at the French Place Day" but the colleague I always go with—let's call him Tex—had been called to a meeting from 12:30 and wasn't going to be able to go until 1:30 or so. Which was fine by me since I didn't have anything on for the afternoon. (Class or meeting wise, I mean. After having a few people walk in on me unexpectedly I've finally learned to keep my clothes on in the office. :P ) So I settled in to reply to some emails and see what my students had been doing on our class mailing list.

Short story long, Tex had been sent the meeting announcement by mistake and showed up in my office at about 12:40. HONGRY as a barr. But he had a seat and waited for me to finish and send the mail I was working on. I was just about done when he burst out laughing.

Looking over to find out what was so damned funny, I saw that he had picked up the copy of the US paperback version of Hunters, which just happened to be lying face down on my desk, and was reading the back cover.

"Shiiiiit," he drawled, and then started reading aloud, "'Hunters of Dune is based directly on Frank Herbert's final outline, which lay hidden in two safe-deposit boxes for a decade.' Ha ha...I ain't even no fan and I can tell that's bullshit! How stupid do they think people are?"

How stupid indeed.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

That my friend is gold. Maybe it should be posted on DN for them to read, then again it probably wouldnt last 5 mins
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Yessir, I done tole y'all, mos' Texans is purty smart .... :wink:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I done had to agree with that.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

An anecdote to be cherished :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Just what the fuck are you doing with a paperback edition of Hunters? You're not reading it are you?!
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The paperbacks make great kindling.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Seraphan wrote:Just what the fuck are you doing with a paperback edition of Hunters? You're not reading it are you?!
you never know when the restroom might run out of tp. :wink:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Seraphan wrote:Just what the fuck are you doing with a paperback edition of Hunters? You're not reading it are you?!
To hate a thing, Grasshopper, you must know a thing.

-Omphalos, 2008

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Omphalos wrote:
To hate a thing, Grasshopper, you must know a thing.

-Omphalos, 2008
Exactly. I read PoD because I was interested in if the Hacks Twain had improved their writing and storytelling. Reading that piece of shit also allows me to say how much of a piece of shit it is when arguing with KJA/BH fans!
Sole Man

on why Chig was reading HUNTERS

Post by Sole Man »

Chig is a Masochist, obivously.

He's been lovein' the immense amount of pain he's been in.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sloey has seen into the secret core of the coal black flower that is my heart.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:Sloey has seen into the secret core of the coal black flower that is my heart.
Is that something to be proud of? :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Wanna have a peek and see for yourself? ;)
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

Oooooo now now, this might end up being in Jessica of Dune if you guys keep it up. I can see it now, Leto bends Jessica over and starts slapping her backside with none other than a copy of JESSICA OF DUNE!
Last edited by Laphtiya on 31 Oct 2008 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah! Add that to the torrid accounts of their uninhibited sexual encounters during that trip to the Caladan wilderness (they made mad monkey love, repeatedly, every chance they got, never realizing they were under the constant surveillance of the...primitives) that Alia remembers and mentions at the beginning of PoD...you know, the trip during which Paul was conceived...after little Victor was killed and Leto was so devastated...and Jessica could turn into one HAWT steamer! :lol:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I feel a little dirty after reading the previous posts.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Sole Man

on Kennedy of Dune

Post by Sole Man »

Yeah...And, and he can pull a gun out and shoot her. That would be HOT!

Hurm...gotta have sex with my girlfreind now...then go child-scarying, I mean Trick Or treating.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Sometimes...just sometimes...you people scare the shit outta me.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: on Kennedy of Dune

Post by SandChigger »

Really? We're really quite harmless.

Believe me. :twisted:

Sole Man wrote:Hurm...gotta have sex with my girlfreind now...
Oh kewl. You found the hole and patched her, then?

How long did it take you to blow her back up? ;)
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I bet he used a bicycle pump :twisted:

Rob
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

ROFL bicycle pumps take too much effort.......not..that I would know of course :lol:

At least my GF hasn't experianced the hackerson novels. But she hasn't read passed Dune, according to her the story ended there for her.
cmsahe

Re: True Story

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Yester...
"Shiiiiit," he drawled, and then started reading aloud, "'Hunters of Dune is based directly on Frank Herbert's final outline, which lay hidden in two safe-deposit boxes for a decade.' Ha ha...I ain't even no fan and I can tell that's bullshit! How stupid do they think people are?"

How stupid indeed.
The Pinky & The Brain believe that everybody is as stupid as they are!!
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Laphtiya wrote:ROFL bicycle pumps take too much effort.......not..that I would know of course :lol:

At least my GF hasn't experianced the hackerson novels. But she hasn't read passed Dune, according to her the story ended there for her.
You know, there are times when I wish that Frank had stopped with "Dune." However, I have enjoyed the other five books, which are all much better than Combover and That Other Guy's efforts.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
Laphtiya wrote:ROFL bicycle pumps take too much effort.......not..that I would know of course :lol:

You know, there are times when I wish that Frank had stopped with "Dune." However, I have enjoyed the other five books, which are all much better than Combover and That Other Guy's efforts.
For me the story stops at the end of GEoD. It could actually stop at the end of CoD and GEoD is just details.

The events in HoD and CH:D have no effect, CANNOT HAVE, an effect on the Golden Path.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman