Jessica of Dune Predictions!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Tleszer wrote:Is it strange that usually when I hit the submit button I say aloud "Submit, Captain?"
I always make the sound of a horse galloping when I make a chess move with one of the knights.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Not a prediction, just a comment on the composition timeline for Jessica of Dune as revealed in Kevin's blawg posts.
Friday, December 21, 2007 Brian and I also spent time together developing the overall story arcs for the other two books set in this time period, JESSICA OF DUNE and IRULAN OF DUNE.

Monday, May 5, 2008 In just a few weeks, we'll be flying out again to meet with Brian so that the two of us can get to work on the detailed chapter-by-chapter plotting of JESSICA OF DUNE for next year.

Friday, July 11, 2008 Brian Herbert and I have met and brainstormed the details for JESSICA OF DUNE. The chapter-by-chapter outline is written, but we're still fleshing it out before we choose our chapters to write. We expect to get to work on our writing by the beginning of August, and the novel will be released around September 2009.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 After coming home from the crowded madness of Comic Con, with only a few days to spare, I spent some time in Rocky Mountain National Park, doing a lot of hiking and dictating -- eight chapters of JESSICA OF DUNE, then some quiet concentration time in the cabin, where I worked on my edit of the first TERRA INCOGNITA volume.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 I was nearing the end of my writing work on JESSICA OF DUNE. I walked with my notes and chapter descriptions as well as my digital recorder, and I dictated four chapters on the hike. … I had only five chapters left in JESSICA and I wanted to accomplish the mountain climb and finish my writing on the trip. … And, yes, I did finish dictating the last of the five JESSICA chapters (between long gulping breaths).

Monday, September 8, 2008 Brian and I have both finished writing all of our chapters in JESSICA OF DUNE (always trying to stay a year ahead), and we've given them our initial polish. My test readers have also just given me their full comments on the first TERRA INCOGNITA manuscript, so I'll be rewriting that novel during the month-long tour, while Brian takes his first crack at editing JESSICA.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 I finished most of my major edits on TERRA INCOGNITA, and Brian worked on his first read of the JESSICA OF DUNE chapters.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 I'll be continuing the tour at several other cities, while Brian continues his editing on the first draft of JESSICA OF DUNE.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 Brian has sent me his first cut of the completed JESSICA OF DUNE manuscript, which I'm now editing.
I think I may have posted about this at the time, but if they really both (snicker) began "writing" (read: "hiking and scribbling on paper") on or around August 1st, Kevin finished the first draft of his part (no clear indication of how many "chapters" that means this time) in a little under four weeks and Brian finished his (snicker) in about five and a half.

Now, supposedly, they'll send the manuscript back and forth four or five times over the coming months, polishing and "improving" it, but essentially they wrote it in about a month.

McDune...the fast food writing franchise!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:Not a prediction, just a comment on the composition timeline for Jessica of Dune as revealed in Kevin's blawg posts.
Friday, December 21, 2007 Brian and I also spent time together developing the overall story arcs for the other two books set in this time period, JESSICA OF DUNE and IRULAN OF DUNE.

Monday, May 5, 2008 In just a few weeks, we'll be flying out again to meet with Brian so that the two of us can get to work on the detailed chapter-by-chapter plotting of JESSICA OF DUNE for next year.

Friday, July 11, 2008 Brian Herbert and I have met and brainstormed the details for JESSICA OF DUNE. The chapter-by-chapter outline is written, but we're still fleshing it out before we choose our chapters to write. We expect to get to work on our writing by the beginning of August, and the novel will be released around September 2009.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 After coming home from the crowded madness of Comic Con, with only a few days to spare, I spent some time in Rocky Mountain National Park, doing a lot of hiking and dictating -- eight chapters of JESSICA OF DUNE, then some quiet concentration time in the cabin, where I worked on my edit of the first TERRA INCOGNITA volume.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 I was nearing the end of my writing work on JESSICA OF DUNE. I walked with my notes and chapter descriptions as well as my digital recorder, and I dictated four chapters on the hike. … I had only five chapters left in JESSICA and I wanted to accomplish the mountain climb and finish my writing on the trip. … And, yes, I did finish dictating the last of the five JESSICA chapters (between long gulping breaths).

Monday, September 8, 2008 Brian and I have both finished writing all of our chapters in JESSICA OF DUNE (always trying to stay a year ahead), and we've given them our initial polish. My test readers have also just given me their full comments on the first TERRA INCOGNITA manuscript, so I'll be rewriting that novel during the month-long tour, while Brian takes his first crack at editing JESSICA.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 I finished most of my major edits on TERRA INCOGNITA, and Brian worked on his first read of the JESSICA OF DUNE chapters.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 I'll be continuing the tour at several other cities, while Brian continues his editing on the first draft of JESSICA OF DUNE.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 Brian has sent me his first cut of the completed JESSICA OF DUNE manuscript, which I'm now editing.
I think I may have posted about this at the time, but if they really both (snicker) began "writing" (read: "hiking and scribbling on paper") on or around August 1st, Kevin finished the first draft of his part (no clear indication of how many "chapters" that means this time) in a little under four weeks and Brian finished his (snicker) in about five and a half.

Now, supposedly, they'll send the manuscript back and forth four or five times over the coming months, polishing and "improving" it, but essentially they wrote it in about a month.

McDune...the fast food writing franchise!
"cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger"
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:... but essentially they wrote it in about a month.
Yeah, what a couple of real craftsmen. I swear, it's like KJA honestly wants to set some sort of bizarre Asimov-esque record for total output ...

A month to "write" a new "Dune" book. That's just sad. Really, is it any wonder that the fans of these books are slack-jawed, half-witted, Lowest Common Denominators?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, remember, they DO polish it up for a few months before the publisher gets it. :roll:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Well, remember, they DO polish it up for a few months before the publisher gets it. :roll:
Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

(You know that they stole that and used it in House Atreides, right? How many first timers reading "in order" will think FH copied it? :roll: )
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Well, remember, they DO polish it up for a few months before the publisher gets it. :roll:
Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.
'nuff said. 8)
I am a mortal god.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:... but essentially they wrote it in about a month.
Yeah, what a couple of real craftsmen. I swear, it's like KJA honestly wants to set some sort of bizarre Asimov-esque record for total output ...

A month to "write" a new "Dune" book. That's just sad. Really, is it any wonder that the fans of these books are slack-jawed, half-witted, Lowest Common Denominators?
What's interesting is KJA also is producing other novels while he is raping Dune, which means he must go on a lot of these hikes to produce so much crap each year. Too bad he never gets lost! >:)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Or hit on the head by a meteorite.

Or ett by a barr. :D
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Or held down and shagged half to death by a male grizzly :D
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Tleilax Master B wrote:Or held down and shagged half to death by a male grizzly :D
And the bear eats Kevin's tape recorder while shagging him.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I think the mental image of KJA being raped by a grizzly bear is the only context in which I find myself being pleased more than disturbed :)

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think you mean:

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Or ...

He hikes his ass right off a short cliff while dictating chapter 212 of Jessica — the part where Paul reveals that he was actually born on Tatooine — breaks both legs and can't crawl away fast enough when pursued by a horny male bear with an abnormally large member.

And then gets hit by a meteorite.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

TheDukester wrote:Or ...

He hikes his ass right off a short cliff while dictating chapter 212 of Jessica — the part where Paul reveals that he was actually born on Tatooine — breaks both legs and can't crawl away fast enough when pursued by a horny male bear with an abnormally large member.

And then gets hit by a meteorite.
B-B-But then he'll become a Meteor Freak! And sadly we don't have a real KH to defeat him. :cry:

However, this does bear repeating: "Its time to summon beeearrrs!"

Um, anyone up for a drink?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

hell yeah. you buyin' ?
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

JESSICA OF JUNE

The long-awaited memoirs of Duke Leto's bound-concubine and Bene Gesserit filthy slut, Jessica, set somewhere after Dune The Messiah but before Children of the Dune, the direct sequel to Paul of the Dune. Read with amazement the secret of Paul the Muad-Dib's conception and how the Bene Gesserit's breeding programme was thwarted by dirty bitch Jessica, who used to hang around Caladanian primitives in short skirts with her tits hanging out until one day she conceived Paul during a gang bang with the primtives, as she shrieked in ecstasy whilst the primtives bashed their drums with old bones which turn out to have been from the corpses of the mysterious Muadru. Gasp with amazement when Mohiam is revealed to be none other than the ghola of Iblis Gingo in drag. Read with a hard-on the story of Jessica's frustration with Leto's inadequate sexual performance and her foray into the seedy underworld of the Caladan lesbian scene. Jizz in your underpants when reading of Jessica's torrid sapphic love affair with Irulan and prepare to be shocked when you discover which one of them wore the strap on and who had the most multiple orgasms and marvel at their thunderous climaxes. Chuckle with knowing irony when it is finally revealed that it was all a pack of lies invented by deranged fantasist Irulan.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Do I smell a new Hoary Tale in the wind?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

No, disaster struck. My laptop crashed and I lost everything on my drive. All the tranny stories have gone, and pictures I took at my brother's wedding as well. I'm fucking gutted.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

By the way there is an excerpt of Chapterhouse that discusses the Caladanian Primatives. I'm pretty sure its in OM.

Which to the hacks means wherever we damn well please.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Ampoliros wrote:By the way there is an excerpt of Chapterhouse that discusses the Caladanian Primatives. I'm pretty sure its in OM.

Which to the hacks means wherever we damn well please.
Can't say I remember that one :( - Which makes me look forward to re-reading the last 2 books even more :D It's been yonks since I last read them.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -