K&B PoD Q&A on YouTube

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

Post by trang »

The part about them bagging on FH was when they were discussing their style vs his. KJA makes the remark "FH isnt as fast as writer as we are", and you mentioned that. KJA goes on to talk about how if there was a battle scene, our style is to give you all the detail of instead of just the aftermath. His words of "Cinematic style" is what he means I guess, vs Franks substance style. A minor point overall, but I didnt find it uncool

Like you said they are 2 cogs in that machine of fucking stupid, so moving on.

I did find that the cal state fullerton Pollack library has a video tour online, I didnt get it to work yet cause I need to update the quicktime component on my PC, but that was promising. The Wikipedia entry as well as teh Library info says they have a collection of "ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS" from Philip K. Dick, Frank Herbert and others in their Sci-fi collection.

Can you imagine getting to look at the original manuscripts for any of the original six or his other books? not to mention how much they are worth??

WOW

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Worth whatever The Road to Dune has brought in, since it's rumored that the contents of that book were actually from the Fullerton collection. (Barring the crap by Kevin & the other guy, that is.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Raveem

Post by Raveem »

trang wrote:The part about them bagging on FH was when they were discussing their style vs his. KJA makes the remark "FH isnt as fast as writer as we are", and you mentioned that. KJA goes on to talk about how if there was a battle scene, our style is to give you all the detail of instead of just the aftermath. His words of "Cinematic style" is what he means I guess, vs Franks substance style.
Hehe. Have you seen the South Park where the military interview Michael Bay for ideas, and he does all these child-like special effects with his mouth and hands.

Roughly recalling:

"Swooosh... and then BANG. BOOM. Kplish." [Etc..]

"Those are special effects, not ideas/plot."

"Aren't they... the same thing?"

An almost perfect analogy for what BH/KJA are to authors.

Raveem.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I shook my head in dismay at the "charred ball" bit...

What morons... It seems that they're the only ones who don't care for Frank Herbert's style.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

To Kevin and Brian: I would rather have a deep, thoughtful book by FH that was published every 2-5 years than a popcorn, young adult sci-fi story by you two that is published every 1-2 years.