Save the Amazon reviews here.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

TheDukester wrote:Yawn.

I knew I should have deleted that line. I was playing a bit to a stereotype (smart chicks can't also be pretty), but I really only expected Orald to have anything to say about it.

Far more important, guys: a top-10 reviewer at Amazon has posted a deletion-proof review. Let's try to focus.
:D it was the second post on the matter that made me think you were excited about her. There is nothing wrong with real girls, but you gotta call it as you see it :)

It is good that a top 10 Amazon reviewer actually reads the books. I have lost all respect for the Amazon system after the deletions of real, thought out reviews.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I also added that line since she and Chigger seemed to be going for an internet-dating relationship. :wink:

It didn't hit me until this morning how important her review might be. In fact, I added a "yes" vote before I forgot. I want potential buyers to see her review, front-and-center.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

That is one of the best reviews I've read for PoD. I'll vote yes on hers as well.

Maybe the OH who write reviews for PoD should consider giving them 2 stars from now on. Obviously the 1 stars are going to get deleted, at least this way the 2 stars can balance out the over all rating.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

TheDukester wrote:Yawn.

I knew I should have deleted that line. I was playing a bit to a stereotype (smart chicks can't also be pretty), but I really only expected Orald to have anything to say about it.

Far more important, guys: a top-10 reviewer at Amazon has posted a deletion-proof review. Let's try to focus.
All right all right I'll focus. If I have too. :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Three-day weekend coming up here in the Land of Nod. (Monday's "Phys.Ed. Day" :roll: )

And since Friday and Tuesday are my work-at-home days...well, you get the picture. :D

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I'm thinking it's about time I sat down and did the nasty (read it cover to cover) and posted a review over on The 'Zon. :P

(Think I got a chance with JoJo?! Ssssh! Don't anyone tell 'Bint! :shock: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:(Think I got a chance with JoJo?! Ssssh! Don't anyone tell 'Bint! :shock: )
I'd have to see a picture of this "Bint" before I made any such statement.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:(Think I got a chance with JoJo?!)
I think you do. Remember, just be yourself.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(Think I got a chance with JoJo?!)
I think you do. Remember, just be yourself.
Don't show her the picture of you in the pink shirt. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, I just saw a weird glitch over on Amazon. I accessed the PoD page and it showed ZERO customer reviews.

Refreshing and opening the page in Firefox gave the same result. :shock:

They're back now (two new ones since yesterday?), current total 52.

I wonder if this is one of their famous "database errors". :roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

52 sounds right; it was an even 50 just the other day.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

THE CONTINUING BAITING OF SUSIE WONG:

Added to my Sept 27 comment:
Edition Oct 20:

Oh I sow worry now. It been almos ho mont sins Susie Wong go hay wall. What dis mean? You tink I know I know no! Joe n John say alltime down at Can Teen. Anyone you here from Susie you tell me sure!

(Caveat: As an English teacher I feel a bit guilty abusing an individual non-native learner like this in a public venue.

Usually I do it thirty-at-a-time behind a closed door! :twisted: )
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I can't seem to find that thread on Amazon. Can you post a link to it? I loved your Susie Wong stuff :)

But I have to say that so far my favorite Amazon.com reply is from the guy named Artis...
Taelec I agree man. You have strong writing skills and good reasoning. I agree totally with you. You are even smarter than Brian, and more daring and courageous than Kevin himself. I thought Kevin was my hero, but now I'm thinking about changing it to you. Speaking from one fan to another, I have some lifesized posters of Kevin and Brian, I photoshopped their faces on some male body builders. I love them. Did you want me to send you some of them too? I also really like good movies. Like Ghost Rider with Nick Cage. WOW AWESOME EH? One day men will be able to have babies. Maybe you and I could have Kevins baby? The others don't understand us. They should take their hate somewhere else so we can turn this forum into talking about what Kevin and our baby would look like. Since you are so different than the haters, I have a thought, don't you think Kevin should write some Lord of the Ring books? I think he could do a triology between Fellowship Of the Rings and the Two Towers. Great idea eh? I love Kevin. I was thinking of buying a house near him. I love Kevin. don't you love Kevin too?? Kevin, he's the greatest.

Craig YOU have that bowl Move ment somewhere else. I think Kevin would be interested in buying it and calling it Leto of Dune.
I couldn't stop laughing when I read this one :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Yarr. :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Artis is frickin' inspired sometimes. :lol:

Here's the Susie Wong link. "So Wong it's gotta be wight."

Of course, now that ARCH is back, who needs to go to Amazon for Susie.

(Grrrr...hit the wrong button. :evil: )
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'm disturbing the neighbourhood with my laughter. That thread is brilliant.

*catches breath*

I must stop reading before I pass out :D
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Kinda reminds me of the good ole days, taunting TAZ.

(Of course, his English was a sight better.)
trang

Post by trang »

looking at POD over on Amazon, looks like they went thru and cleaned out the 1star reviews again. Mine is gone, as well as few of the others, there was upward of 9 1 star reviews, now only 3. Mine was up for almost two weeks I believe. Gotta luv the HLP!!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Oh, fuck THAT!

Amazon customer service is about to be carpet-bombed with complaints. That's complete fucking bullshit.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I didn't check in over there yesterday. Sheesh. Five reviews deleted (there are four one-star ones now).

Completely unacceptable. :evil:
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Can you have more than one Amazon acct? I wonder if they have time to check IPs.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

My complaint was at least addressed:

+++++

"Your review of "Paul of Dune" was removed because your comments in large part focused on authors and their intentions, rather than reviewing the item itself. Also it contains information that may spoil the plot. We ask that you not reveal anything in your comments that may lessen the experience for other customers. A good point of reference is to not reveal anything about the plot or ending which is not already printed in the editorial comments.

Our guidelines do not allow discussions that criticize authors or their intentions. We encourage all voices to respond openly in our store, both positive and negative. However, we do exert some editorial control over our customer reviews.

As such, your review cannot be posted on Amazon.com in its current format. What I can suggest is that you resubmit your review, restricting your comments to critically analyzing the content of the item."

+++++

Wow. Okay. Where to begin?

Well, I didn't post any spoilers, so that's sort of bizarre.

And I'm not sure I follow the whole "authors and their intentions" thing. I guess they might be saying that an Amazon review can only discuss the item in question; no leeway is allowed at all, extending even to discussion of the actual authors of the work in question. Which, if true, is sort of asinine. I mean, users are expected to separate the book from the author? Really?

If I'm following the logic — and there's no guarantee that such is the case — then here's what Amazon seems to be saying:

Okay: "This books sucks."

Not okay: "Kevin J. Anderson sucks."

Anyway, there's another important reality here: my review (and the others) was not deleted by some Amazon-employed watchdog. No, it was flagged with a series of complaints. Either enough preeks individually flagged it or else there's a Sandworms-esque organized campaign being sponsored by the HLP or TOR.

More on this in a minute ...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's how it started at DN.

First we weren't allowed to criticize the authors, just the books, then we weren't allowed to be negative... you see how it is now.

I'm sure the spoilers bit was just an excuse.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm sure the spoilers bit was just an excuse.
It has to be ...

... considering I've never read the book! :)

All the examples I used were from stuff y'all have posted here. Clever, no? :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm shocked and appalled. :evil:

Oh well...half or more of the people who have given it five stars haven't read it either.

There are a few of those five-stars which discuss the authors and what great work they're doing continuing Frank's legacy. So shoving your tongue up their bums is okay, but criticizing them isn't. Got it. :roll:

I also know of a few TOP reviewers over there that summarize the plot of about half the book and then add a few lines of their own opinion, so the part about spoilers is a bit of a crock as well....
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:I'm shocked and appalled. :evil:

Oh well...half or more of the people who have given it five stars haven't read it either.
Yeah, that's why I'm really not that upset. I'm not even going to re-post anything; I just wanted to do something to mess with the preeks and their figurehead.

I gave it a shot; they zapped me; no biggie.