Save the Amazon reviews here.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Beautiful. :lol:
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

What i can't figure oot is why is the top critical review from a gut who gave it three stars? Wouldnae the top one be the one star that is voted the most helpful?

Rob
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

The lack of grammar is comedy gold, both her and especially you my chigga. :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

Illogical Banana wrote:I voted all the one star reviews as helpful and the opposite for the 5 star ones. I also reported all the one star ones for obvious reasons. Hope this helps a little. And my one star review is still up. 21/35 people found it helpful :D
Also, we must untag "Frank Herbert" from all their corporate fanfiction.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

GamePlayer wrote:The lack of grammar is comedy gold, both her and especially you my chigga. :)
There is grammar, my northern country human, just not the grammar that most of us use when slinging about English words. ;)

I was fairly shocked by how fast she and her English fell apart, though. (I'm still not entirely convinced she wasn't taking the piss.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
MICAH

Post by MICAH »

- i admit i read the susie wong amazon review before seeing it here, & found it to be the funniest shit ever!but...before reading your response chig i was wondering if you were being baited. i mean we all know(at least most of us) how you are about spell checking posts...
-next: does anyone know the ins & outs of just how amazon deletes or keeps review ratings? Like do they only keep the reviews from people who buy the book from them? my ex ops. manager works for them now but i've lost touch.
-anyhow thanks for the best laugh this A.M.!!! but be careful that response could be seen as xenophobic
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm probably, in reality, the least prejudiced person you'll find when it comes to ethnic or racial biases. I've studied Mandarin off and on since I was in uni and I've been speaking Japanese since about the same time and have lived in Japan for nearly 21 years now.

My only real prejudice is against the willfully stupid and ignorant. (Edit: Among which I include the religious, naturally.)

I suspect that "Susie Wong" is both. ;)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:The lack of grammar is comedy gold, both her and especially you my chigga. :)
There is grammar, my northern country human, just not the grammar that most of us use when slinging about English words. ;)

I was fairly shocked by how fast she and her English fell apart, though. (I'm still not entirely convinced she wasn't taking the piss.)
If she was, it wasn't all that funny. Looking at it from that angle, one might even find it insulting.

But anyway, your response was brilliant, Yoda-isms included :)
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I just went through the reviews again.. I reported the 5 star reviews when the person writing the review hadn't even read the book yet. I wonder if that's how reviews get deleted?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I'm not sure. I've reported this twat that has been posting religious rhetoric reviews of some music albums on Amazon. I report and mark his reviews as inappropriate, but they haven't been removed.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: Amazon Kindle Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadeswpb wrote:
I wanted to thankyou Byron for getting back to me so quickly. Your note said "Paul of Dune" will be released on the Kindle soon, but you did not say what the hold up was. If you could explain that would be great..

Again thankyou for your quick reply and I cannt wait to read the new book.

Hadeswpb

Byron's response

It's in the Amazon.com queue, but they are sometimes slow in getting them done. I'm hoping within the next few weeks we'll see it up. I'll push.
Now, that's interesting...maybe Byron is actually directly responsible for the mass deletions of negative reviews on Amazon!?

Hmm...[/quote]
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Can we send a message to Amazon saying "I don't want this on Kindle"
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

It's eerie how similar the situation is on Amazon when comparing Sandworms and PoD. It's basically a repeat:

1. Book is released. A handful of initial 5-star shills are balanced by the first group of 1-star heroes. For its first few days, the book averages exactly 3 stars.

2. The first group of 1-star reviews are deleted; the book goes to 3.5 stars.

3. In response, a new batch of 1-star reviews is posted. Back to 3.

4. In response to the response, more shills arrive. Back to 3.5

5. The book settles into a pattern: any time the average hits 3, 1-star reviews are deleted to bring it to 3.5. If it's at 3.5 already, fewer deletions occur. This will continue — until the end of time, conceivably — to ensure that the book maintains its 3.5 average. Apparently, that's what is acceptable to whomever at the HLP or TOR (or both) is organizing the shilling and deletions campaign.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That explains a lot about Amazon's amazing merchandise. It's all so highly rated! :) :P
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

GamePlayer wrote:That explains a lot about Amazon's amazing merchandise. It's all so highly rated! :) :P
Books are so awesome!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Just noticed my review was deleted. I'm sure it was a 'server error'

on another note, there is a hot debate with Amazon's #8 reviewer going down. We might have even convinced her to lower her 3-star rating. If SC could just stop flirting...
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Be sure to repost it as well as contact customer service. Don't go down without a fight! :twisted:

(Sorry about the flirting, but I can't help myself...she's just THAT HOT.)

:lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Evidently my hot Mandarin Poo-poo is "wong" gone. Anyway, I just edit-added a bit to a comment on her "review" I originally posted on 9/27:
Where Susie Wong gone?
Why she know come back make witty comeback?
Wang-Xiaojie, ni zai nar a?!
Qing huilai, gei women xiao-yi-xiao wa! :D

Edit Oct 6:

Oh my ga, it now over won weak Susie no comeback. I worry her, you two? She go where I d'oh no. She maybe in trouble. I think I contack police tell em Susie "Missey In Action". Goo idea? Hao ba!
Sometimes even I wish there were a Hell, so I could be sent there. :lol:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A couple of thoughts:

1. Someone brought this up earlier, but I'm beginning to see that the review from that Joanna woman is one of the best things to ever happen to the general OH movement. She's a respected reviewer who gave the book a sad 3 stars (at a site where practically anything can achieve 4 stars) and she does mention some negative points. Also important: her review will not be deleted; not even Amazon is stupid enough to piss off its own top-10 reviewers. It will be the first thing that newcomers to the page see.

Plus, she's hot.

2. I think we're doing most of our damage in the discussion threads. Let's face it: the HLP has hired shills to not only write fake 5-star reviews but to file complaints about 1-star reviews (my guess is with the promise of free product). It's even worse than it was for Sandworms; practically no 1-star reviews are surviving this time around. But they seem to have no influence over potentially silencing any discussion threads.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:Plus, she's hot.
AND she reads? The hell you say! I don't believe it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1 ... aya_bb_pdp

But, back way off, my brother. I got there first.

(Actually, Chigger did, but I think she's frightened of insects)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1 ... aya_bb_pdp

Interesting, I wonder what's wrong with her? She must be clinically insane.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

dude are you wearing beergoggles? :shock:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SimonH wrote:

dude are you wearing beergoggles? :shock:
I wasn't going to say anything...
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Yawn.

I knew I should have deleted that line. I was playing a bit to a stereotype (smart chicks can't also be pretty), but I really only expected Orald to have anything to say about it.

Far more important, guys: a top-10 reviewer at Amazon has posted a deletion-proof review. Let's try to focus.