New PoD-Cast on Hairy Ticks!!!

    Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 08 Sep 2008 14:31

A Thing of Eternity wrote:You fucker!


I think SC must have gotten ahold of KJA's Dune template for Word somehow.

"More KJA than KJA is our motto here at Tyrell Corp."

:lol:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Postby Rakis » 08 Sep 2008 22:28

:oops: :? :oops:

Damn...I really thought it was the real thing, even vented about it on Chigger's blog... :(

Ah fuck it...it's like Santa...i want to believe its the real thing, because it makes me happy...so until i will have proof, IT IS THE REAL DEAL... :twisted:

Oh and by the way Freak, again, congrats for your banning... :)
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 08 Sep 2008 22:40

Freakzilla wrote:OMG, Sandchigger got me banned from DN. :lol:

Let this serve as warning to all: I am more than just a never-particularly-and-definitely-no-longer-pretty face. :lol:

Tleszer wrote:Chig must be one of the facedancers that appear at the end of Chapterhouse :wink:

There is much wisdom in this one. ;)

(Omph came close to this answer long ago, but didn't quite push it to the limit. Come on people, a sentient insect with a penchant for kosu-purei, in the Duniverse? :lol: )

And don't worry, it now looks like there will be plenty of legitimate things to bitch about in this thing.

And oh, by the way Byron, I have five more accounts on your board that I have set up since you bent over forwards for Kevin and banned me. Happy Hunting!

Tool. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 08 Sep 2008 22:57

It looks like this is turning into the "ban heard round the Duniverse."

DN might be on the verge of seeing a bit of an exodus. Is it possible, that this is a sign of coming change? I know Byron has got the message, or at least read it. Perhaps this will show the HLP just what alienating their fan base means. Or it could mean jack.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 08 Sep 2008 22:57

Nice one. You and Teg are a couple'a jackholes. :lol:

God, I just went back and re-read it. Its so bad it had to be KJA!

SandChigger wrote:(Omph came close to this answer long ago, but didn't quite push it to the limit. Come on people, a sentient insect with a penchant for kosu-purei, in the Duniverse? :lol: )


What'd I do again? :?:

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 08 Sep 2008 23:23

:lol:

(I don't know...something about swapping sock sweat with Teg? :shock: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Mr. Teg
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:14
Location: Chair
Contact:

Postby Mr. Teg » 09 Sep 2008 09:39

Omphalos wrote:Nice one. You and Teg are a couple'a jackholes. :lol:

God, I just went back and re-read it. Its so bad it had to be KJA!


Who me? Image
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron Image The HLP

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 09:53

I'll admit y'all had me completely fooled. It's too bad KJA can't copy FH's style as well as y'all copy his.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Hunchback Jack
Posts: 1983
Joined: 30 May 2008 15:02
Location: California, USA

Postby Hunchback Jack » 09 Sep 2008 11:27

I was totally taken in. Well done, Chig ...

... you fucker.

HBJ

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 09 Sep 2008 11:41

He's absolved, I found new red meat.
"Thallo the Twisted BT Kwisatz Haderach"
WHAT THE F IS THIS?!?!?!?


Please...Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please tell me you are making this up too.

Please.

[Edited to clarify]
Last edited by Ampoliros on 09 Sep 2008 11:53, edited 3 times in total.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 11:43

Ampoliros wrote:He's absolved, I found new red meat.
"Thallo the Twisted BT Kwisatz Haderach"
WHAT THE F IS THIS


Is that a question?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 09 Sep 2008 11:46

I noticed it posted on the amazon reviews.

KJA just has to go stomping down every little sacred nook and cranny of Dune doesn't he, in big muddy Playskill boots.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 11:59

Nothing is sacred to KJA.
Last edited by Freakzilla on 09 Sep 2008 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby GamePlayer » 09 Sep 2008 12:29

SandChigger wrote:OK, people, fun time is over.


Well, I refuse to become familiar with their "works" so I'm not tuned into KJA/BH writing like it's my child. But I have a very easy time believing it was crap, so what does that tell you about KJA/BH? :) :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 13:59

Sandchigger and Mr. Teg even had arnoldo fooled:

From http://groups.msn.com/TheLandsraad

From: arnoldo Sent: 9/8/2008 5:48 PM

I dunno Freak, the next chapter with Serena Butler appearing to Paul seemed worthy of FH. . .


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 09 Sep 2008 14:16

That guy is such a looser. He's going on over at DN about the very existence of Israel being irrefutable proof of YHWH's existence. What an idiot. I honestly don't know how Byron doesn't see that he's just out trolling for reactions.
Image

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 09 Sep 2008 14:34

Freakzilla wrote:Nothing is sacred to KJA.


Except what he writes.

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby GamePlayer » 09 Sep 2008 14:44

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Nothing is sacred to KJA.


Except what he writes.


QFT! Damn, that hits the nail on the head and then some! KJA is so damn dismissive of everyone else and so dismissive of making errors against established Dune canon, but his books are all law in his mind. What a jerk.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 14:56

A Thing of Eternity wrote:That guy is such a looser. He's going on over at DN about the very existence of Israel being irrefutable proof of YHWH's existence. What an idiot. I honestly don't know how Byron doesn't see that he's just out trolling for reactions.


Someone please tell that dork that Pastafarianism did NOT originate in Jamaica.

:roll:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 09 Sep 2008 15:00

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:That guy is such a looser. He's going on over at DN about the very existence of Israel being irrefutable proof of YHWH's existence. What an idiot. I honestly don't know how Byron doesn't see that he's just out trolling for reactions.


Someone please tell that dork that Pastafarianism did NOT originate in Jamaica.

:roll:


He must not know the difference between the P and R versions of that word. :roll:
Image

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 15:06

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:That guy is such a looser. He's going on over at DN about the very existence of Israel being irrefutable proof of YHWH's existence. What an idiot. I honestly don't know how Byron doesn't see that he's just out trolling for reactions.


Someone please tell that dork that Pastafarianism did NOT originate in Jamaica.

:roll:


He must not know the difference between the P and R versions of that word. :roll:


No, I think he does, because Lundse asked him if the existance of Austrailia was proof of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or something like that.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 09 Sep 2008 16:00

GamePlayer wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Nothing is sacred to KJA.


Except what he writes.


QFT! Damn, that hits the nail on the head and then some! KJA is so damn dismissive of everyone else and so dismissive of making errors against established Dune canon, but his books are all law in his mind. What a jerk.


This has to do with his attitude of Quantity over quality, the mass of books and 'bestsellers' he has along with all those (three) nominations for 'major' awards. Fan reaction means little, he has the legal rights and the bankroll, and he's not going to take crap from some fanboys.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby GamePlayer » 09 Sep 2008 16:54

Oh, but he will take it and every time he uses "talifan" it's an admission of defeat; a capitulation that all the negative fan reaction has gotten to him. He may try to put on the public face of not caring, but he's slipped up too many times and revealed too many weaknesses. Kevin Andersons actions tell us that in his most private moments, he suffers the weight of the harsh critics and that they simply are far more numerous than he can ever hope to rationalize. In that, I'm content :)

Btw, you've got an interesting new avatar Ampoliros. Is that Space Battleship Yamato?
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Mr. Teg
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:14
Location: Chair
Contact:

Postby Mr. Teg » 09 Sep 2008 18:17

Hunchback Jack wrote:I was totally taken in. Well done, Chig ...

... you fucker.

HBJ


Yeah Chig,...you fucker. :lol: You had us fooled.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron Image The HLP

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Sep 2008 18:21

GamePlayer wrote:Oh, but he will take it and every time he uses "talifan" it's an admission of defeat; a capitulation that all the negative fan reaction has gotten to him. He may try to put on the public face of not caring, but he's slipped up too many times and revealed too many weaknesses. Kevin Andersons actions tell us that in his most private moments, he suffers the weight of the harsh critics and that they simply are far more numerous than he can ever hope to rationalize. In that, I'm content :)


From my close observation of writers... they fall into two groups: 1) those who bleed copiously and visibly at any bad review, and 2) those who bleed copiously and secretly at any bad review.
~Isaac Asimov

KJA=#2
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman