New PoD-Cast on Hairy Ticks!!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'm suprised my "Our Worst Fears Have Come True..." topic hasn't been deleted.
It's pretty much been toasted now. :roll:

Orders probably came down from KJA:

KJA: "Byron, delete those comments now!"
Byron: "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!"
KJA: "We'll talk about this at your next performance evaluation ... "
I just noticed...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'm suprised my "Our Worst Fears Have Come True..." topic hasn't been deleted.

I just noticed...
Yep. And he banned one of my sock puppets for doing nothing but expressing discontent with having Serena Butplug in PoD.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Ampoliros wrote:has there been any discussion over the apparent telepathy between Muad'dib and Leto II in DM when Leto gives Muad'dib the use of his eyes. Is this perhaps the only time when both Leto II's vision and Muad'dibs are the same, hence Muad'dib can 'see' the event, even if only from Leto's Point of view.
Sorry I was forgetting the Sietch Tau, which could explain this between two very powerful prescients. I imagined it earlier today to be perhaps similar to two people having Deja Vu at the same time about the same thing.

another question: is there a thread that has a good discussion about the spice orgy? every representation i've seen of this makes it out to be purely sexual, but my interpretation was that it was an extreme amplification of the sietch tau, and that the sharing was not solely a sexual one. more "intercourse of the spirit and self" rather than you know, wild fucking.

1. Leto and Ghanima have shared in the spice orgy. If the orgy is purely sexual doesn't this suggest that fremen would not have much taboo on "underage" sexual activity. I'm sure the BG would go ape shit over this with their breeding records and Paul's myriad bastard children. (Oh crap I better delete this before it gives KJA an excuse for 20 more trilogies. Though it would be wierdly Ironic to see BASTARDS OF DUNE by Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert sitting on the bookshelves. I'd definitely get a signed copy)

2. Sex as an activity is extremely Dehydrating. having everyone in the middle of the sietch getting it on would be extremely wasteful of water.

3. Paternity problems....In a close knit community. Fremen are supposed to be as free from jealousy as possible, but I imagine this would cause quite a few amtal challenges.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

This is pretty childish of Byron. I can see banning users who personally attack the authors or use profanities, but I don't agree with banning users who criticize KJA and BH's work respectively. What are they afraid of?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

I just noticed...
Yep. And he banned one of my sock puppets for doing nothing but expressing discontent with having Serena Butplug in PoD.
Obviously discussion of Don Fontaine's death is more important than anything actually Dune related.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

I just noticed...
coward. why label it a forum. should just be called an announcement board and fanboy spermy crust depository.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Ampoliros wrote:
Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

I just noticed...
coward. why label it a forum. should just be called an announcement board and fanboy spermy crust depository.
I agree. If Byron is so concerned with keeping new readers and fanboys from disgruntled OHes then why not create a Complaints board where we can talk about WHY we hate the new books. Again, why are they afraid of allowed people to speak their minds?
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Frybread wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:
Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

I just noticed...
I agree. If Byron is so concerned with keeping new readers and fanboys from disgruntled OHes then why not create a Complaints board where we can talk about WHY we hate the new books. Again, why are they afraid of allowed people to speak their minds?
They are afraid to lost new fans, lost the money.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I've uploaded a new signature...

Will he just delete it or ban me?

Place your bets!
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

He'll start with a strongly-worded PM. He knows you're the only legitimate poster left over there. If you leave, it'll be nothing but Arnoldo and the rest of the jerk-offs babbling at each other in their approximations of English.

Pretty effing sad for an "official" Dune site, in all honesty.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:I've uploaded a new signature...

Place your bets!
I just logged onto DN again and saw that in one of the threads. I LOL and I'm at work!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I've uploaded a new signature...

Place your bets!
I just logged onto DN again and saw that in one of the threads. I LOL and I'm at work!
:lol:
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

TheDukester wrote:He'll start with a strongly-worded PM. He knows you're the only legitimate poster left over there. If you leave, it'll be nothing but Arnoldo and the rest of the jerk-offs babbling at each other in their approximations of English.

Pretty effing sad for an "official" Dune site, in all honesty.
/agree Probably the most pathetic official board in existence, outside KJA's myspace blog.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I've been lurking over on DN catching up on the back story to the drama. I laughed so hard at this i just had to comment.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:I've been lurking over on DN catching up on the back story to the drama. I laughed so hard at this i just had to comment.

We need an avatar sized picture of that...
~Pink Snowman
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

hahahahahaha, very nice!
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I wonder if anyone will comment before the animated graphic is removed. Make sure and repost any reactions here :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Freak is banned in 3....2....1......

Love the sig! But you know what my money is on.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Crysknife wrote:Freak is banned in 3....2....1......

I don't know if Freak will be banned. He seems to be able to get away with saying things that get others banned.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Frybread wrote:

I don't know if Freak will be banned. He seems to be able to get away with saying things that get others banned.
It's the Freak style! Telling the truth without hurt the hacks ;)

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:I wonder if anyone will comment before the animated graphic is removed. Make sure and repost any reactions here :)
Sloe Man liked it but is affaid it will get me banned. :cry:

arnoldo calls my BoG lame, but I said, "how can you say that, it's been going on for over two years!".
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Frybread wrote:

I try not to personally insult the authors. I guess that's what's kept me alive there. But now you can't even say you don't like their work. Not much point in being there anymore.
~Pink Snowman
leagued

Post by leagued »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Secher_Nbiw wrote:
leagued wrote:Does the usage of the term "Oracle" in PoD actually refer to Cenva? FH uses the term (capitalized and everything) multiple times in DM in reference to Paul, Alia (as well as Sibyl) and even Navigators I think.
The Oracle in PoD and the prequels/sequels is used to reference the Normacle. Oracle is used to desceribe the prescient person, as in 'the oracle is trapped by his vision'.

at least i think so.
Absolutely correct, what KJA is referring to here is obviously the Oracle (of time) as opposed to the way that FH used the term, meaning any prescient.
I know that most references in the KJA/BH books to "Oracle" refer to Norma, but I was wondering if there was actual confirmation that this reference is to her. I haven't read the passage and I don't like making the assumption.
LeagueD
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Frybread wrote:

I try not to personally insult the authors. I guess that's what's kept me alive there. But now you can't even say you don't like their work. Not much point in being there anymore.
I never attacked the authors with my latest account yet I was <b>STILL</b> banned. It seems you have to refrain from criticizing <b>any</b> of KJA's works to remain a member of DN.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

leagued wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Secher_Nbiw wrote:
leagued wrote:Does the usage of the term "Oracle" in PoD actually refer to Cenva? FH uses the term (capitalized and everything) multiple times in DM in reference to Paul, Alia (as well as Sibyl) and even Navigators I think.
The Oracle in PoD and the prequels/sequels is used to reference the Normacle. Oracle is used to desceribe the prescient person, as in 'the oracle is trapped by his vision'.

at least i think so.
Absolutely correct, what KJA is referring to here is obviously the Oracle (of time) as opposed to the way that FH used the term, meaning any prescient.
I know that most references in the KJA/BH books to "Oracle" refer to Norma, but I was wondering if there was actual confirmation that this reference is to her. I haven't read the passage and I don't like making the assumption.
Quote:
As before, Paul felt all sensation of his own body grow distant with the approach of the transcendent presence that called itself The Oracle.

Big fat capital T in the "The Oracle" too. Sounds pretty clear to me, I don’t see how they could possibly be referring to anything else, there are no other big powerful presences in the extended Duniverse (I say extended because there are none in the original Duniverse, period). It would be a pretty massive stretch to say that KJABH intended anything else when they wrote that.

They have obviously set up Norma as the guiding deity of their Duniverse. I will honestly bet 100$ that Leto of Dune will show Norma guiding him as well.

EDIT: for the record, I'm all for someone (I have myself in the past on certain issues) playing devils advocate with KJABH, we certainly do need to look at that side of things too, but this is a pretty open and shut case.