New PoD-Cast on Hairy Ticks!!!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Good one Chigg, you fucker :lol:
About arnoldo and KJA:
Yeah it's funny how they dismiss our criticism for being fans :lol: , i guess the only ones whose judment counts are these http://farm1.static.flickr.com/11/13045 ... 14.jpg?v=0
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Seraphan wrote:Good one Chigg, you fucker :lol:
About arnoldo and KJA:
Yeah it's funny how they dismiss our criticism for being fans :lol: , i guess the only ones whose judment counts are these http://farm1.static.flickr.com/11/13045 ... 14.jpg?v=0
She looks about twelve....

...I'd say it's dead on :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Yes, its the Yamato. Star Blazers was my lifeblood as a wee lad. I really need to bite the bullet and buy them on DVD.

Seraphan, you know what happens when you post a new different pic of KJA...
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

(My apologies to any Palin supporters)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros wrote:Please...Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please tell me you are making this up too.
Sorry...no can do.

It's in there.

(It's nasty in there.)

:cry:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mr. Teg wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:I was totally taken in. Well done, Chig ...

... you fucker.

HBJ
Yeah Chig,...you fucker. :lol: You had us fooled.
^^^ IN on it from the getgo. :roll: (As I'm sure you all had figured out.)

Um...who was it suggested writing a parody of the "Serena" chapter to lend the fake even more apparent validity, hmmmm? :lol:
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:
Mr. Teg wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:I was totally taken in. Well done, Chig ...

... you fucker.

HBJ
Yeah Chig,...you fucker. :lol: You had us fooled.
^^^ IN on it from the getgo. :roll: (As I'm sure you all had figured out.)

Um...who was it suggested writing a parody of the "Serena" chapter to lend the fake even more apparent validity, hmmmm? :lol:
Oh, I was just going along with the crowd for fun since the majority was pointing the finger at you as usual :D
(I'm really just your socket-puppet, right :D )
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, Teg jealousy?

Better be nice if you're expecting any omiyage from this bug, Mister. (I forgot to ask if there's anything y'all want or need from over here. Let me know, wot!)

You're Omph's sock-puppet. I have never shared socks with you.

(Btw, you-know-who called from Texas. No butts were mentioned for a change. :D )
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, Teg jealousy?

You're Omph's sock-puppet. I have never shared socks with you.

(Btw, you-know-who called from Texas. No butts were mentioned for a change. :D )
Well, now who's the jealous one? :wink:

(No butts mentioned? Most be the jet lag.)

My thoughts are with you as you trudge your way through Pile of Dung.

Btw, thanks again for the grapes. The family enjoyed them.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

The Atreides gom jabbar is nothing next to the power of the Sand Chiggar!

:roll: Yeah, I know...
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Uggggggh!

(delayed groan)

:P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandChigger in a prescient fit wrote:Paul looked up at the almost unflickering stars and thought of the worlds that circled them, planets from which so many pilgrims came to worship him. And he thought about how many of those worlds were even now the scene of bloody battles in his name.
KJA on p. 439 of PoD wrote:He looked up into the night sky, saw the stars and imagined all the worlds out there, all the battles still taking place.
Note also that in this passage Paul is standing on the balcony outside his and Chani's bedroom, looking out over Arrakeen, another detail I somehow got right. ;)

I wrote my fake chapter after PoD was already printed, just a short time before it was released. But it has occurred to me that what we ought to do is flood the Web with fanfic passages for all of the upcoming books. If we happen to hit something right, we could claim they stole the idea and they would have to try to prove otherwise. ;)

According to Kevin's blawg, they've completed the manuscript of Jessica but the publisher probably hasn't seen it yet. Irulan and Leto are still wide open.

What do you think? Anyone interested?

The biggest problem I foresee is trying to come up with stupid enough ideas. Expressing them in really bad prose is the easy part. :D
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:
SandChigger in a prescient fit wrote:Paul looked up at the almost unflickering stars and thought of the worlds that circled them, planets from which so many pilgrims came to worship him. And he thought about how many of those worlds were even now the scene of bloody battles in his name.
KJA on p. 439 of PoD wrote:He looked up into the night sky, saw the stars and imagined all the worlds out there, all the battles still taking place.
Note also that in this passage Paul is standing on the balcony outside his and Chani's bedroom, looking out over Arrakeen, another detail I somehow got right. ;)

I wrote my fake chapter after PoD was already printed, just a short time before it was released. But it has occurred to me that what we ought to do is flood the Web with fanfic passages for all of the upcoming books. If we happen to hit something right, we could claim they stole the idea and they would have to try to prove otherwise. ;)

According to Kevin's blawg, they've completed the manuscript of Jessica but the publisher probably hasn't seen it yet. Irulan and Leto are still wide open.

What do you think? Anyone interested?

The biggest problem I foresee is trying to come up with stupid enough ideas. Expressing them in really bad prose is the easy part. :D
Sounds like an interesting proposition...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I kinda thought you might think so. ;)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I would like to add the previous post into evidence for the defense.

Just playin DA

I think KJA has proved to us that no matter how hard we try to write KJA style bullshit we, in our caring for Dune will always pull our punches. Either way what we write is satire. KJA sincerely thinks he's the new Dune author and that his belongs side-by-side, and sometimes in front of Frank's work.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Ampoliros wrote:I would like to add the previous post into evidence for the defense.

Just playin DA

I think KJA has proved to us that no matter how hard we try to write KJA style bullshit we, in our caring for Dune will always pull our punches. Either way what we write is satire. KJA sincerely thinks he's the new Dune author and that his belongs side-by-side, and sometimes in front of Frank's work.
Of course KJA belongs alongside FH! He ... and That Other Guy ... have written more Dune books in a shorter amount of time than FH!!! <sarcasm>
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Irulan of Dune:

PART I - Irulan's grooming by the BG during the events of Dune.

PART II - The immediate aftermath of Dune Messiah with flashbacks to the period between PoD and DM.

PART III - Preborn children + myth-creating of Muad'Dib

PART IV - ???

PART V - profit!

Leto of Dune:

Following the events of CoD, the Jacurutu attempt to rebuild themselves and overthrow Emperor Leto II. They will use Sabiha as a lure for Leto and as a way to expose the young child's weaknesses; Leto's advisors think him too arrogant and begin working alongside the Jacurutu when they realize that Leto has become a god they never wished they had. Unlike his father, Leto tries not to rely on his prescience and so the plans within plans against him nearly succeed. After a failed attempt on his life causes the death the Sabiha, Ghani suggests that he'll need a friend who will be able to protect him from others and himself and aid in the creation of the Golden Path. The origins of Duncan Idaho's recurring lives within Leto's new world will finally be revealed.

I think my synopsis of LoD is something KJA would be proud with. :D
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Tleszer wrote:Irulan of Dune:

PART I - Irulan's grooming by the BG during the events of Dune.

PART II - The immediate aftermath of Dune Messiah with flashbacks to the period between PoD and DM.

PART III - Preborn children + myth-creating of Muad'Dib

PART IV - ???

PART V - profit!

Leto of Dune:

Following the events of CoD, the Jacurutu attempt to rebuild themselves and overthrow Emperor Leto II. They will use Sabiha as a lure for Leto and as a way to expose the young child's weaknesses; Leto's advisors think him too arrogant and begin working alongside the Jacurutu when they realize that Leto has become a god they never wished they had. Unlike his father, Leto tries not to rely on his prescience and so the plans within plans against him nearly succeed. After a failed attempt on his life causes the death the Sabiha, Ghani suggests that he'll need a friend who will be able to protect him from others and himself and aid in the creation of the Golden Path. The origins of Duncan Idaho's recurring lives within Leto's new world will finally be revealed.

I think my synopsis of LoD is something KJA would be proud with. :D
I bet two cents that it will be very close to that
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

We've already had two to-the-brink-of-death-and-back episodes with Paul (in SoD and now PoD), so what's to keep KJA from doing the same with Leto? (Or will he choose not to, as part of the overall plan to discredit and downplay Leto, one of FH's greatest achievements?) And some blood or bits blown off him would provide the source for the Leto ghola in HuoD/SoD.

I really like that Duncan perspective, especially the "protect him from ... himself" angle.

Don't forget a few rebellion attempts by Farad'n, and he and Ghanima going at it like minks. Lots of potential for sex scenes and thunderous sighs. ;)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I hear it's "the best thing they've ever written." Some game named Beavis told me that ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:thunderous sighs.
lol... yeah they really kicked the prose into high gear for that one :P
:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
EsperandoAGodot

Post by EsperandoAGodot »

You know there are glimmers of actual talent in the writing, glimmers that make me hopeful that, hey, maybe this one won't be that bad...and then there's always something that just makes me want scream, dashing my optimism against the rocks.
DUNE - Chronicles of the Imperium
A free-form, forum based RPG
http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_war ... 346/p1/?11
Launched and ready to fire.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

EsperandoAGodot wrote:You know there are glimmers of actual talent in the writing, glimmers that make me hopeful that, hey, maybe this one won't be that bad...and then there's always something that just makes me want scream, dashing my optimism against the rocks.
Are you one of the Herberts?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well...if there are such places in the book, they must be accidental.

Think of all those monkeys typing Shakespeare.

Think of the origin of life on Earth (molecules colliding randomly).

That kinda thing. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Nekhrun wrote:
EsperandoAGodot wrote:You know there are glimmers of actual talent in the writing, glimmers that make me hopeful that, hey, maybe this one won't be that bad...and then there's always something that just makes me want scream, dashing my optimism against the rocks.
Are you one of the Herberts?
I sure hope so. I need a new whipping-boy. Simon seems to enjoy
it too much, and Arnie just doesn't speak english well enough to
understand what foul things I'm saying to him.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008