They ARE out there...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

They ARE out there...

Post by SandChigger »

We've suspected it, logically reasoned out the possibility of their existence, and seen comments confirming the truth of our suspicions on DN and elsewhere. Here's further confirmation from a customer discussion thread on Amazon (here, under Paul of Dune):
Blue Dragonfly, in reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2008 2:30 PM PDT, wrote:While Frank set up a terrific universe and wrote some very engaging stories, I actually prefer Brian and Kevin's writing to his. The work they did on the two prequel trilogies and how they ended the series (books "7" and "8") are much more to my liking.

KEEP IT GOING! (But please, can we get past the Jihad? What happened in the centuries between books III and IV?)
OK, admittedly, this one-time poster from California could just be someone trying to stir it up.

But if it's not, here's someone who

1. Prefers the New Crap to the originals.

2. Has already renumbered the books in his/her head. (TBJ = "Book 1", not Dune.)

Sigh. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Good God.

Initially, I read the comment about the "centuries between books III and IV" to mean between CoD and GEoD. But your interpretation is obviously correct, Chig.

That's grim and sad. The Heroes novels will only make this more common.

HBJ
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

From the same thread, a couple of days earlier :
Artis says:
You are brain damaged if you think that is the case. What they have done as writers is spit in the face of Frank. They are whoring his legacy for a cheap dollar. I'm talking diseased las vegas transvestite bus stop whoring. That's disrespectful.
As for your other argument, rest assured since Sandworms I have no intention of reading more of their books. The issue is that I don't want ANYONE ELSE to read either, and I don't want to see Frank's work to become lumped in with this Port O Potty style literature. It's really that simple.
It's good to know the haters are not just on this board... :P
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I'm not surprised. The Dune prequels are written for people who likely never would have read the original Dune books because they were too "literary".

Frank Herbert's Dune is a $100 steak at a fine restaurant where the desert menu consists of the best sex you'll ever have with the woman of your dreams.

The Dune prequels are day old McDonalds "freedom" fries you're downing as slowly as possible because you drunkenly picked up Courtney Love at a dive bar and now that you're sobering up, you're using this brief reprieve to plan a way to ditch her trash ass.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

GamePlayer wrote:I'm not surprised. The Dune prequels are written for people who likely never would have read the original Dune books because they were too "literary".

Frank Herbert's Dune is a $100 steak at a fine restaurant where the desert menu consists of the best sex you'll ever have with the woman of your dreams.

The Dune prequels are day old McDonalds "freedom" fries you're downing as slowly as possible because you drunkenly picked up Courtney Love at a dive bar and now that you're sobering up, you're using this brief reprieve to plan a way to ditch her trash ass.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Rakis, I wouldn't be surprised if that "White Gold Weiner" isn't Webdruid from DuneNovels. AKA Shawn Speakman, FRIEND of the Hacks Twain and flogger of signed versions of their books on his own website. ;)

The same guy who complained on that other blog about me "hiding" behind the name SandChigger. :roll:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I think that Bubba was trying to bring these nuts out of the woodwork. :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Re: They ARE out there...

Post by inhuien »

SandChigger wrote:We've suspected it, logically reasoned out the possibility of their existence, and seen comments confirming the truth of our suspicions on DN and elsewhere. Here's further confirmation from a customer discussion thread on Amazon (here, under Paul of Dune):
Blue Dragonfly, in reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2008 2:30 PM PDT, wrote:While Frank set up a terrific universe and wrote some very engaging stories, I actually prefer Brian and Kevin's writing to his. The work they did on the two prequel trilogies and how they ended the series (books "7" and "8") are much more to my liking.

KEEP IT GOING! (But please, can we get past the Jihad? What happened in the centuries between books III and IV?)
OK, admittedly, this one-time poster from California could just be someone trying to stir it up.

But if it's not, here's someone who

1. Prefers the New Crap to the originals.

2. Has already renumbered the books in his/her head. (TBJ = "Book 1", not Dune.)

Sigh. :roll:
Can one be sure that's what's happened here as the chap does refer to Grunters/Sandtrap as books 7/8. The Jihad could simply be the Freman incident.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:cry:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I see what you mean, inhuien, but note how he/she distinguishes books "7" and "8" vs. books III and IV.

I still think "Jihad" means the Butlerian....
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Rakis, I wouldn't be surprised if that "White Gold Weiner" isn't Webdruid from DuneNovels. AKA Shawn Speakman, FRIEND of the Hacks Twain and flogger of signed versions of their books on his own website. ;)

The same guy who complained on that other blog about me "hiding" behind the name SandChigger. :roll:
Hmmm...some of those guys could indeed be sockpuppets of well known PSI...past and present DNBBS members... :)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

SandChigger wrote:I see what you mean, inhuien, but note how he/she distinguishes books "7" and "8" vs. books III and IV.

I still think "Jihad" means the Butlerian....
I think I must have been having a brain spasm when I wrote that to be bothered to split hairs as I did, the whole sentiment behind Blue Dragonflys post is a croc.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to read that KJhackerson is wearing Crocs when hiking.

When they first were introduced I assumed they were beach shoes you wear on rock beaches with lots of Sea urchins to protect yourself from.

And then I noticed lots of white trash walking the street wearing them.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OH GAWD THE HORROR!!! :shock:

That's what Bint brought home for puttering around in the yarden in. Oh...the SHAME!!! :cry:

:P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

There have been stories in the news about kids getting those crocs shoes caught in escalator's somehow. I've seen infomercials begging for money to send them to Africa to prevent the spread of parasites too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Damn. :evil:

We really had our hearts set on putting in that escalator out back.

:P

Prevent...parasites?

HEY!!! :shock:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:There have been stories in the news about kids getting those crocs shoes caught in escalator's somehow. I've seen infomercials begging for money to send them to Africa to prevent the spread of parasites too.
I know kids are parasites, but why punish Africa with them?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

OK, who wants to do the youth in Asia joke this time?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Appearantly, a lot of worms are transmitted through the feet from walking around barefoot. So they're trying to send boxes of crocs to Africa, not our kids.

:roll:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

There's also this nasty worm I've heard of that gets in your leg in infested ponds and grows alot, then makes the place feel like it's burning up so you put your feet in the water and it then slips away, causing lots of pain.

Sounds delightful, doesn't it?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

orald wrote:There's also this nasty worm I've heard of that gets in your leg in infested ponds and grows alot, then makes the place feel like it's burning up so you put your feet in the water and it then slips away, causing lots of pain.

Sounds delightful, doesn't it?
At least it leaves. Could head for the brain.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:Appearantly, a lot of worms are transmitted through the feet from walking around barefoot. So they're trying to send boxes of crocs to Africa, not our kids.

:roll:
My mom once stepped in dogshit on the beach. she had a cut on her bare feet and we had to take her to the doctor and get her wormed.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Now THAT sounds delightful. :lol:

Sorry. It's too funny. :P

I wanna hear it!
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

^^^

Me too.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

orald wrote:
I wanna hear it!
all right, i'm interested ;)
I am a mortal god.