Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

More than. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I asked a question on Dunenovels once, whether it was fair to moan about name-calling by OHers whilst Anderson compared some fans to people who execute gays. The question was deleted. Fair play. :roll:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
orald

Post by orald »

chanilover wrote:to people who execute gays. The question was deleted. Fair play. :roll:
They kill more than just gays, you know. Gays aren't the only thing that should interest you.
Puppies should also interest you. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Ever since I first heard the term Talifan I was on the fence about wither to just ignore it or be really really insulted by what it insinuates. I think it's only fair to suggest that they are Al-KJAida (I pronounce it the same as Al-Qaeda).
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That's easy: a truly well-adjusted writer would just learn to deal with the criticism. Only an immature writer with a deeply wounded ego would invent/use a term like Talifan to describe his critics. Once you realize that, you learn to appreciate the word for the process that lead to it's creation; it basically means we got to him :)

Btw, the demotivator is good :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I was discussing the whole Duniverse controversy with my mom the other day, and she said "Yeah but aren't you just getting uptight about something that is Fiction?" I responded with okay, lets say they were doing this to Sherlock Holmes. She got it immediately.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ampoliros wrote:Ever since I first heard the term Talifan I was on the fence about wither to just ignore it or be really really insulted by what it insinuates. I think it's only fair to suggest that they are Al-KJAida (I pronounce it the same as Al-Qaeda).
I didn't hear about Talifan until the DN board started. Actually, if kja really did come up with it, it's the most creative thing he's ever done.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Talifan" is the sort of "humor" 12-year-olds come up with and think they're clever.

This falls in line perfectly with KJA being, more or less, about 12 years old on an intellectual and emotional level. Thus, the need for ultra-this, super-that, and general one-upping in his alleged "writing." One-upping is one thing 12-year-olds have mastered.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

TheDukester wrote:One-upping is one thing 12-year-olds have mastered.
They even fail at that. My balls have dropped.
orald

Post by orald »

TheDukester wrote:One-upping is one thing 12-year-olds have mastered.
That's because I have the biggest. 8)

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Nekhrun wrote:I didn't hear about Talifan until the DN board started. Actually, if kja really did come up with it, it's the most creative thing he's ever done.
This should certainly come as no surprise, but KJA didn't invent the term "Talifan". The word was created by another hack author named Karen Traviss who exploit...er, "writes" Star Wars novels.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

You just beat me to it, Gameplayer. I'm pretty sure the Star Wars Talifan reference predates the KJA one.

Interesting that KJA used it though. Traviss is being vilified by some quarters of the Star Wars community for changing the basic nature of the Clone Wars to fit her dubiously low figures for the clone and droid armies. She's justifying it by appealing to authority - Lucas Inc. has approved her work, therefore the figures and her description of the War are now canon. Fans should just deal; rabid fans that object persistently are Talifans.

Clearly KJA sees himself in the same light. He obviously feels that he has the green light from the HLP to write these books, so any fans that raise doubts about inconsistencies are extremists.

HBJ
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I actually heard a rumor that such "dumb mob mentality" among the "writers" of the Star Wars books lead to a lynching of Curtis Saxton during his brief work writing Star Wars technical books. I heard many of these "creators" objected to Saxton's exhaustive scientific analysis of the Star Wars universe and claimed Saxton was demystifying Star Wars by publishing books using real scientific units of measure.

In other words, these fucking asshats would rather trust role-playing game statistics written by wannabe asshats over the one man with a PhD who has spent years developing the single most definitive scientific analysis of Star Wars ever written. Ignorance was preferred rather than qualified research. I just about shit myself. :P

I can only hope it's just a rumor.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I've also read posts in which the fans who put Saxton's information above other authors' are called "Saxtonites" - somewhat derogatorily by other authors, in fact.

Not a Star Wars fan, myself; I just came across some of this stuff while looking for Star-Wars-related KJA fodder.

HBJ
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Haven't read Traviss and missed the whole debate because I stopped reading the Star Wars EU after i tripped over KJA's mess.

But claiming that the Republic only had 3 million Clone troopers to defend the ENTIRE GALAXY...its about as brilliant as the Sun-crusher's Quantum armor which had a chemistry explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a substance in its solid state already packed as densely as possible?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ampoliros wrote:Haven't read Traviss and missed the whole debate because I stopped reading the Star Wars EU after i tripped over KJA's mess.

But claiming that the Republic only had 3 million Clone troopers to defend the ENTIRE GALAXY...its about as brilliant as the Sun-crusher's Quantum armor which had a chemistry explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a substance in its solid state already packed as densely as possible?
Maybe it's like a loaf of bread.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

touche' however I was assuming that if you are making armor plating you aren't going for air pockets unless it actually enhances the strength of the material.

The point is that Quantum armor is explained by KJA as sheets of armor 1-molecule layer thin packed as densely as possible and the laminated and stacked over each other. Solids are already packed as tightly as their particular structure allows, its the molecular bonds that would matter as to durability. While density is a factor (pun on kev) in strength its the molecule itself that reflects what density can be achieved. Bread has things that increase its size like air that allow it to be compressed. a 1-molecule thin layer of bread iirc is already packed as tightly as it can be.

This is all based off of my very limited understanding of Chemistry. Quite possibly i'm wrong and i apologize.

That still doesn't make up for the Sun Crusher being a crap invention.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

I start reading my first SW EU book: Heir to empire of Timothy Zahn. Seems really good. As I'm enjoing it I start looking for the SW universe. But unhapply I see that KJA made many "contributions" on it...
I would like to know if there is any Anti-KJA movement in the SW fandom, and if it is big, someone knows it?
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:I start reading my first SW EU book: Heir to empire of Timothy Zahn. Seems really good. As I'm enjoing it I start looking for the SW universe. But unhapply I see that KJA made many "contributions" on it...
I would like to know if there is any Anti-KJA movement in the SW fandom, and if it is big, someone knows it?
i've read about 30 EU books...and i know for a fact he has pissed people off... his books are weak .... they arent as noticable as the dune ones cause star wars in known for film and not great literature like Dune is...so the anti-kevin movement isnt as big...but people definately think he sucks ...as far as i've seen ...Timothy Zahn is the best EU writer...he is at the top of his game .... those and whoever does the bane books are my favorite star wars books .... kevins books always have some lame weapon and he ruins the characters too ... in fact he wrote in one book about a machine with a brain in it (similar to the cymeks) in jabbas palace in one of his books...and this was written before he wrote the Legends series...so it goes to show how original he is ....im sure now that Dune defeated Eramus he'll be the new villian in the star wars series...and he'll gloat over his awesome duel universe cross over between the 2 .... as lame as that sounds..would anyone honestly be surprised? :vomit:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

That sounds lame but for it to be realistic you would have to make it suck more.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Anyone thinks in Leto of Dune there will be an evil plot to import thousands of fire-trucks to attack Leto palace/whatever? :P

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes!

And they'll also try to deworm him!

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

:shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Someone is bound to try to squirt him with an ultra-hosepipe.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
orald

Post by orald »

Which would have to look disturbingly too phallic as well...

God Leto getting a golden shower from the giant metal dong! :shock: