A Legacy for OH's

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Irulan Corrino

Post by Irulan Corrino »

I don't know Byron very well at all - although I did see the announcement on DN about the sales figures, a while back. I guess all that matters now is making profit off the genius of someone else (I care not if he's family, that still shouldn't warrant such blatant abuse of FH's legacy and our intellect).

:wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, he's a lovely man. Quite fetching in a skirt, too.

It's rather a shame that he's letting these other activities get in the way of his own writing. He has shown promise of being a better one than either of the Hacks Twain. (Maybe they both realize that and are holding him back, either consciously or not, with duties for the HLP? Or maybe he's just sold his soul already.) It takes time to practice and polish one's craft, and to write a good story or book (even if you can hike out "perfect prose" :roll: like KJA). Or so I hear. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Irulan Corrino wrote:
The avatar isn't allowed on the "official" forum.
Wtf, why not? I think it's damn inventive. 8) :twisted:
It is considered "flame bait" by Byron.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
trang

Post by trang »

I guess Quantity vs Quality wins for HLP and P&B.

Welcome to all the crashers!!

Be well,
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I know from inside the industry that many major lists, including the NYT bestseller list is based on retail pre-order, not actual sales. So for a book to have Bestseller status really only means its expected to sell well, not that it has already.

Anyone who attaches their name to STAR WARS and other major titles is basically guaranteed a "Bestseller", regardless of quality (SUNCRUSHER). So the fact that KJA has several "Bestsellers" basically means jack. The fact that he has as many negative reviews as he does by consumers does say a lot.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Exactly, so far KJA has done nothing but riping off already established franchises. Some people have actually asked me if the novels this pair are writting are really that bad, to wich i gave them an analogy.
"Imagine if someone got the rights to the lord of the rings and wrotte a sequel, in that sequel Morgoth returns and in order to defeat him they recreate the master ring with all it's evil and use to win the day. That goes against the whole LotR story doesnt it? Also imagine if that same hack wrotte a prequel in wich Aragorn's back story is inconsistent like being born in Minas Tirith."
Afterwards everyone looks at me like i'm a mad man and that no one with a quarter of a brain would allow someone to do such a thing, to wich i reply "That's exactly what these new dune authors are doing". They immediately make a face like they've seen something discusting and stay away from anything with KJA on the cover.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Seraphan wrote:Exactly, so far KJA has done nothing but riping off already established franchises. Some people have actually asked me if the novels this pair are writting are really that bad, to wich i gave them an analogy.
"Imagine if someone got the rights to the lord of the rings and wrotte a sequel, in that sequel Morgoth returns and in order to defeat him they recreate the master ring with all it's evil and use to win the day. That goes against the whole LotR story doesnt it? Also imagine if that same hack wrotte a prequel in wich Aragorn's back story is inconsistent like being born in Minas Tirith."
Afterwards everyone looks at me like i'm a mad man and that no one with a quarter of a brain would allow someone to do such a thing, to wich i reply "That's exactly what these new dune authors are doing". They immediately make a face like they've seen something discusting and stay away from anything with KJA on the cover.
That's a good analogy.
halcyo

Post by halcyo »

That's a GREAT fucking analogy! We need to condense and refine that to a sharp edge that we can all use to start fending off this ridiculous onslaught!

halcyo
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Seraphan...that's BRILLIANT! :D
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I sense the makings of a new demotivator :)
Now my journey begins to find an appropriately stupid picture
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Indeed we can all work on this, since the Lord of the Rings is a much better known universe world wide (especially because of the movie trilogy) we can establish a much deeper analogy with the exact kind of inconsistencies the new dune novels have. And trust me, every but every single person to wich i gave them that analogy is now staying away from the prequels/midquels/sequels by BH&KJA, we can save more lives if we take this analogy worldwide.
Now to sharpen the analogy just a bit: "(...)Morgoth returns and in order to defeat him they recreate the master ring with all it's evil and use it to win the day. That would make the heroes journey in the original LotR useless wouldnt it? Frodo's quest to destroy the ring in mount doom would've been a mistake and those that defended the idea that the ring should be used were right." We must explore this my brethren :twisted:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
waff

Post by waff »

Seraphan wrote:Indeed we can all work on this, since the Lord of the Rings is a much better known universe world wide (especially because of the movie trilogy) we can establish a much deeper analogy with the exact kind of inconsistencies the new dune novels have. And trust me, every but every single person to wich i gave them that analogy is now staying away from the prequels/midquels/sequels by BH&KJA, we can save more lives if we take this analogy worldwide.
Now to sharpen the analogy just a bit: "(...)Morgoth returns and in order to defeat him they recreate the master ring with all it's evil and use it to win the day. That would make the heroes journey in the original LotR useless wouldnt it? Frodo's quest to destroy the ring in mount doom would've been a mistake and those that defended the idea that the ring should be used were right." We must explore this my brethren :twisted:
And Galadriel started out as a mousy scientist who became beautiful, but then took the Ring so she finally became the terrible goddess who dragged Sauron into another universe. Problem solved, and they can keep that Ring for Aragorn to be the Super King of all Kings.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

seriously, your missing a major plot opportunity.

the don't reforge the one ring, they delve deep into Mordor to find Sauruman's hidden TWO RING that he created as a back up and which is of course ten times more powerful, because it doesn't corrupt people so its safe to use. It can only be piloted by a super-wizard who also has a flame sword. They track down the army of warriors who are the only people ever to defeat the army of the dead in single combat who live in the deserts far to the west. They come charging in riding giant woolly er...snakes.

Frodo and Bilbo come back from the grey havens to lead the army at the front. they have mithril fullplate armor which protects their bodies and increases their size like ten times.

RETURN OF THE RING LORDS by Kevin J Anderson "and" Christopher Tolkien, the exciting first book of a new trilogy of trilogies continuing the exciting but unfinished Lord of the Rings. This series answers the question: Who was the true Lord of the Rings? Is Bilbo to old for this $#!^? Is the ring driving Frodo mad? Who will that slut Sam end up sleeping with next, now that he's a swordmaster of the Ginaz? Are Merry and Pippin happy and will their marriage last? FIND OUT IN RETURN OF THE RING LORDS! Summer 2010, 2nd book 2011 and the exciting conculsion to the first trilogy in Dec, 2011 to coincide with the Film Starring Tom Cruise as Gandalf the Infrared, John Goodman as Gilmli II son of Gimli, and Paula Abdul as Galadriel. Guest Starring Steve Buscemi as Gollum.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Has someone mentioned the interquels covering the periods between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, between Fellowship and The Two Towers, etc?

These books will serve the important function of filling in gaps Tolkien left in the story blah blah blah. :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:between Fellowship and The Two Towers, etc?

These books will serve the important function of filling in gaps Tolkien left in the story blah blah blah. :roll:
But there're no gaps between the books of LoTR...

Gods help us though if they somehow get the legal green-light to "fill-in" all the gaps in the Valaquenta. :shock:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Okay, I found a picture appropriately stupid...
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:lol: :lol:

...Is that Frodo on UltraSpice ?! :shock:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

No. See in this re-imagining from the multi-faceted genius of Kevin J. Anderson (which is even better than "The Two Towers"), the hero is named Frothing-roid. He's so incredibly powerful because his dwarven mother was raped by a dragon. So our bastard hero embarks upon his quest alone to obtain the good ring of power, because only by the might of his dragon heritage and the combined power of the good ring of power can he defeat Morbid-az and his evil ring of flatulence. :wink: :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, that ranks up there with Phaedrus' "KFA Colonel Anderson".

(Kentucky Fried Asshole)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

With the freshly revealed "excerpts" and the outrage which they have brought, is it perhaps time to revisit suggestions of a more visible demonstration of our displeasure?
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Ampoliros wrote:With the freshly revealed "excerpts" and the outrage which they have brought, is it perhaps time to revisit suggestions of a more visible demonstration of our displeasure?
The time is now :twisted:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

GamePlayer wrote:Okay, I found a picture appropriately stupid...
How did I miss this one, It's a little subtle for oor Kevin, no?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Hehehe, yeah, I'll make my collection thread soon and fill it with all the demotivators, parody posters, adverts and animated gifs I've got. It'll be best to have it all in one convenient place.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

Or you can do the same thing someone did in my local bookstore. I don't know who it was and I would love to get to know the guy who did it, because he slipped in a couple of post-its in the two Sandworms of Dune copies on the shelf.

Post-it 1 read: "I'm going to spoil it for you. Duncan Idaho is the Kwisatz Haderach, now buy a book that's actually good."

Post-it 2 read: "Warning: this is an incomplete copy. Missing: Quality."