What's up with the Sadworms paperback?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

What's up with the Sadworms paperback?

Post by SandChigger »

Kevin mentioned it in a recent blawg, Byron's reportedly publicly creaming himself over its performance on the NYT bestseller lists (the only criterion for GOOD BOOK he knows), but when you look at the page for it on Amazon it's listed as purchasable only from other, associated booksellers; Amazon isn't carrying it directly.

The Mass Market Paperback is described as a "Reprint edition"; what does that mean? That they simply reprinted the hardcover in paperback format? Kevin hasn't been blawging much this year (Gee, I wonder why?) so maybe it just got lost with all the other details, but there was no mention AFAIK of them (=him) proofing the paperback galleys or even doing any corrections. (I believe he actually solicited notification of typos in Grunters for that paperback, no?)

If "reprint" means what I suspect, there's probably not much sense in getting a (used) copy and going through it to look for little "changes".

Anybody got any ideas or know anything about how this works?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Nada here hombre.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A big ten-forty on the nichivo, there, little bouncy-bouncy-wee comrade.

:shock:

My usual industry-insider source has got nuttin' as well. :(
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nothing here either. Someone should PM Tanz.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Re: What's up with the Sadworms paperback?

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Kevin mentioned it in a recent blawg, Byron's reportedly publicly creaming himself over its performance on the NYT bestseller lists ...
Ugh; Byron-gasms all over the place:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2657

Remember, folks, big sales = good. That should be patently obvious, right? After all, it's perfectly clear that Britney Spears is destined to become the most influential vocalist in the history of music.

+++++

Still, it is strange that Amazon does not appear to be directly selling the paperback. Very curious ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

It will bring joy to my heart to walk through Chapters and see mounds of Sandworms hardcovers in the 80% off discount pile. They should be there in about another 3-4 months tops :D
waff

Post by waff »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:It will bring joy to my heart to walk through Chapters and see mounds of Sandworms hardcovers in the 80% off discount pile. They should be there in about another 3-4 months tops :D
I thought they were all Indigos now up in Canada (at least last time I was in Toronto they had taken over all the Chapters).

I hope to see all the prequels and sequels remaindered at Barnes and Noble here. One can hope!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Snap some photos if you can, once they do, eh?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

waff wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:It will bring joy to my heart to walk through Chapters and see mounds of Sandworms hardcovers in the 80% off discount pile. They should be there in about another 3-4 months tops :D
I thought they were all Indigos now up in Canada (at least last time I was in Toronto they had taken over all the Chapters).
Nope.
SandChigger wrote:Snap some photos if you can, once they do, eh?
Will do.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Dragging this old topic up a bit after a visit to our local American Book Center. Lucky me found "Do androids dream of electric sheep," and "Neuromancer" with a nice discount.

I also stumbled upon a oversized paperback of Sadworms. It was thrown on the shelves of the Ramsj department of the store for a mere 4 Euro's.

I can not help but chuckle when I this shit ending up in the "dump"section of the store. It will only end up there when they really can not find anybody to buy it ... like last weeks magazines.

I gladly payed a "normal" price for a new copy of "Do androids dream ... " ( I only had a Dutch translation ) then coughing up a single cent for one of the atrocities. I am not the only one apparently. :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Secher_Nbiw

Re: What's up with the Sadworms paperback?

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Kevin mentioned it in a recent blawg, Byron's reportedly publicly creaming himself over its performance on the NYT bestseller lists ...
Ugh; Byron-gasms all over the place:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2657

Remember, folks, big sales = good. That should be patently obvious, right? After all, it's perfectly clear that Britney Spears is destined to become the most influential vocalist in the history of music.

+++++

Still, it is strange that Amazon does not appear to be directly selling the paperback. Very curious ...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! That link was funny, Bubba is such an arse.

but yeah, The Davinci Code is obviously one of the great masterpieces in literary history.

*Pukes*

Sorry, i can't stomach saying that even in jest without throwing up.
I am a mortal god.