Hardcovers of Dune Messiah and Children of Dune

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Phaedrus

Hardcovers of Dune Messiah and Children of Dune

Post by Phaedrus »

This may be the wrong forum for this, but has anyone noticed that these books are in bookstores? (Has the "Dune" blog mentioned anything about them?)

I put this topic here because the biggest thing of interest is that both books contain content by Brian Herbert. I read over his introductions to these books, and the big point is that Brian just doesn't get it. It's been a while since I read them, and I didn't memorize them, but one of the intros(CoD, I believe) is basically about how Brian was introduced to Dune by someone else who thought it was amazing. The lesser Herbert didn't even care that his father had written a book, and couldn't believe that people actually liked it.

Biggest Dune fan evar. EVAR!!!
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:puke:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Re: Hardcovers of Dune Messiah and Children of Dune

Post by orald »

Phaedrus wrote:The lesser Herbert didn't even care that his father had written a book, and couldn't believe that people actually liked it.

Biggest Dune fan evar. EVAR!!!
It is known. :x
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

If I can get from a used bookstore, I'll pick them up :)

The HLP has become my new Metallica: never buy anything from them via direct sales :)
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

GamePlayer wrote:If I can get from a used bookstore, I'll pick them up :)

The HLP has become my new Metallica: never buy anything from them via direct sales :)
That's what I did :D

Rob
waff

Post by waff »

I'm glad I just have the first editions of those (and paperbacks from before the dark days of the prequels).

I will have to look at those new hardcovers, and then mutilate the non-Frank portions! :twisted: