Questions for KJA

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

Somehow I overlooked the "swallows Poland" the first time I read that.

Excellent! :lol:
That cracked me up too. :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

does writing in the Dune and Superman universe's make you believe you have prescience and that your faster than a speeding bullet?

Those might be put to the test at the convention.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Didn't 'Becca blog on MySpace about him being pretty "fast"? ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

These have already been asked.

1.) Kevin, do you do all the writing while Brian lends his name to the books to boost sales?

2.) Will the Fedaykin build a super-Death Star to destroy the nonbelievers in "Paul of Dune?"

3.) Will you include Omnius, Erasmus, and the Normacle in the Heroes of Dune books, because we know FH had intended to include them in Dune 7, right?

4.) Are you going to introduce Kryptonians and Jedi in a cross-over Dune novel?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Who would win in this fight? Superman, The Death Star, Omnius, Leto II, the Sun Crusher ,and Batman? And No Normacle can't help. (Clear choice, Duh, Batman.)

Have you received a response from Rowling about your Harry Potter prequels? Are you concerned that your suggesting that Harry was actually 17 and lied about his age to get into Hogwarts will annoy some diehard tween talifans?

Kevin J. Anderson. Great Hack, or Greatest Hack?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ampoliros wrote:Who would win in this fight? Superman, The Death Star, Omnius, Leto II, the Sun Crusher ,and Batman? And No Normacle can't help. (Clear choice, Duh, Batman.)
Chuck Norris!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Ampoliros wrote:Who would win in this fight? Superman, The Death Star, Omnius, Leto II, the Sun Crusher ,and Batman? And No Normacle can't help. (Clear choice, Duh, Batman.)

Have you received a response from Rowling about your Harry Potter prequels? Are you concerned that your suggesting that Harry was actually 17 and lied about his age to get into Hogwarts will annoy some diehard tween talifans?

Kevin J. Anderson. Great Hack, or Greatest Hack?

Rob
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Ampoliros wrote:talifans?
Shit! I'd forgotten about that one. I've just had a great idea for a new Demotivator! :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

GamePlayer wrote:
Shit! I'd forgotten about that one. I've just had a great idea for a new Demotivator! :)
I'm looking forward to seeing this one GamePlayer.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Tleszer wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing this one GamePlayer.
It's definitely going to be my best work yet :)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Okay, I've posted it in the Dune Demotivators Thread
sparafucile

Post by sparafucile »

I can't speak for the present day, as I haven't read the books in a really long time, but when I first did (I was much younger), I actually really liked the sun crusher idea. I used to have debates with my friends at school what would win a battle, the Midway from Wing Commander (which I was not familiar with) or the sun crusher?

I only now realize though that it is another example of Anderson trying to one-up people :wink: I still have a fond memory of that series though.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Is the Sun Crusher a Star Wars thing, or is it from his Asses of Worlds series?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Star Wars, I believe. Although I'm sure there are plenty of similar horrors in the Saggy Sons.)

Question:

Kevin, of all the literary corpses and franchises you've shtupped over the years, which had the smoothest poop chute?

And, who's the loudest screamer in the HLP? Brian? Byron? Yourself?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:Is the Sun Crusher a Star Wars thing...?
Yeah. The sun-crusher was one of the first times he tried to out-do the universe in which he was writing. The Death Star can blow up a planet? Yeah, well, the SUNCRUSHER can blow up a sun! :roll:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I fear it is just a matter of time for the introduction of the Galaxy Gun.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
sparafucile

Post by sparafucile »

Nekhrun wrote:
Yeah. The sun-crusher was one of the first times he tried to out-do the universe in which he was writing. The Death Star can blow up a planet? Yeah, well, the SUNCRUSHER can blow up a sun! :roll:
Even better: it could blow up a Sun and as such cause a chain reaction that would blow up all the other planets in the solar system.

Good ol' KJA :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's...just so stupid and unnecessary. :roll:

The flash and blast wave from the explosion should be enough to demolish any planets, no?

Ugh.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

He should have been writing in 1923. What a friggin pulp hack.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

sparafucile wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Even better: it could blow up a Sun and as such cause a chain reaction that would blow up all the other planets in the solar system.

Good ol' KJA :wink:
Don't forget that its armor was soooo amazingly ultra (and with a scientiferiffic explination!) that the Sun Crusher could survive the explosion of the sun. It even got hit by the death Star laser and smashed through the bridge of a Star Destroyer! Its creator was a pacifist who didnt think the Empire wanted a sun-blower upper torpedo for military use. She worked at a super-secret like uber secret i mean ultra secret facility sooo awesomely secret that even the emperor himself didn't know about it. Kinda like saying Hitler knew nothing about the Concentration Camps.

Again, logic always loses in KJA's World.

I mean this is the guy who claimed that making a Super Star Destroyer almost bankrupted the Empire. (Orly how about the fact that losing the first Death Star was such a financial setback that the Emperor wasted all of about 2 seconds before ordering a new one.) Yet somehow the Hutt crime lords could scrap together the cash to build a Death Star Super-laser...and for some reason they decided to make it look like a lightsaber. Its like the Mafia outfitting all their goons with personal laser guns that look like the Lone Ranger's pistol.

And if that doesn't get you he also created Waterworms, Ultraspice, cloaking BG's and Off-World Stillsuits that are better than Fremen ones.

'cause he's KJA babee and your gonna have to swallow whatever comes out of his canon! Right after I dictate this hike! (I just had a sick image in my head that he actually talks to his wife this way. <shiver>)
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yet they can't sufficiently shield a shield generator on Hoth or Endor. :roll:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wow, that sounds bad. The KJA School of Writing: make it bigger, more powerful, or just more awesome!

I don't do Star Wars extended universe stuff (well, I read that Han Solo series by Brian Daley, but that goes way back), but I can't help wondering: does KJA get ripped by fans who do follow the Star Wars setting religiously? I'd imagine that any fans above the age of 12 and/or able to think for themselves are just completely insulted by the idea of "Ultra Death Stars" and that sort of thing. Much like what we discuss here, it sounds like bad fanfic.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

TheDukester wrote:Wow, that sounds bad. The KJA School of Writing: make it bigger, more powerful, or just more awesome!

I don't do Star Wars extended universe stuff (well, I read that Han Solo series by Brian Daley, but that goes way back), but I can't help wondering: does KJA get ripped by fans who do follow the Star Wars setting religiously? I'd imagine that any fans above the age of 12 and/or able to think for themselves are just completely insulted by the idea of "Ultra Death Stars" and that sort of thing. Much like what we discuss here, it sounds like bad fanfic.
I would like to know that too.

I think some1 said about that over DN, but the discussion didnt evolved.

It would be nice if we discovery that George Lucas people had already hearded the old Star Wars fan and banished all the KJA word from the EU. What I see is the fans of Star wars are more respected than we like to be. Because George Lucas know that the "force" of Star wars is in the old and loyal fans, who buy the books, games, toys, dvds,....
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:Wow, that sounds bad. The KJA School of Writing: make it bigger, more powerful, or just more awesome!

You can find fans from all the universes KJA has destroyed maligning him on the internet.

Look, KJA is a "Star Wars Chick":

Here's a topic called "Which part of your life did Kevin J. Anderson rape?"

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthrea ... ost3678781

Don't we know Carion?
I hate Kevin J. Anderson.

I know it's silly to hate someone you've never even met, someone who you know only as an author.

But I genuinely hate Kevin J. Anderson. There are seven different kinds of hatred, but the burning hatred I feel for that retarded inbred crack baby that calls himself Kevin J. Anderson is all-encompassing. It burns through everything, it's so potent it could swallow up an entire universe when unleashed.

Kevin J. Anderson killed Dune.

He took one of the classics, and squeezed it dry.

The man has no real talent, he's an ugly person, on the outside as well as on the inside. If he died today I'd be a happy man, because it would mean that he would never ever be able to write anything titled "Dune" ever again. If he actually dropped dead today, I would travel to the States just to spit on his grave, I would get a shovel, dig up his corpse and piss on it, like he pissed on Frank Herbert's corpse, good name, and his masterpiece.

I would go out and feed the homeless, I'd adopt seven orphans, I'd devote my life to making the world a better place, but with Kevin J. Anderson roaming the earth, raping and pillaging works of art, I feel no need to do anything commendable.

Paul of Dune

I swear I will boycott that shitty novel the moment it comes out. I will get my name in my local newspaper by being the enigmatic philantropist who has taken it on himself to rid the world of that hateful creature's writings by burning his books in a bonfire of glorious destruction.

Someone should notify the Middle East, tell them that Kevin J. Anderson hates muslims and islam. Not that far fetched if you've read his Dune novels... because Kevin J. Anderson hates people!
Why was this topic even started? We already know KJA sucks, and do not need another round of "KJA sucks!"
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I don't no know Carion, but he would fit in quite nicely here I think. :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."