Questions for KJA

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

waff

Post by waff »

Just ask him how the C.E.T. could convene on old earth when it had been, uh, like destroyed in an atomic holocaust.

That can serve as a example for all of his other possible responses to blatant contradictions in the prequels and sequels.
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

When you collaborate with Brian, do you prefer to be on top or bottom?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Mr. Teg wrote:Mr. Anderson, given your deep interest in hiking, are you in flavor of and support organizations such as the Boy Scouts?
Or how about this,

Mr. Anderson, given your deep interest in hiking, why are you so fucking stupid?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Questions for KJA

Post by Omphalos »

Mr. Teg wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I've been trying to think of questions I would ask him if I got the chance.

1. Are you a member of the HLP?

Can y'all think of any more good questions I could ask?
Haha...just struck me it's kinda sounds like, "Excuse me, are you a member of the PLO?
More like Senator Joe and the House Un-American Activities Commission. "Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?"

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I was just about to post that dammit

"Are you now or have you ever been someone who cared about Dune more than raping it for cash?"

"Do you dictate so that you can jerk off at the same time you are 'Writing'? It certainly seems you are that much in love with your own 'abilities'"

"I have a subpoena here for Frank Herbert's notes. You've been served."

"Sincerely, thank you for your hard work to solve the world's energy crisis. BTU's harvested from OH's have single-handedly powered LA for the last year. Once we get the harness right, Frank Herbert's grave revolutions should power North America for the foreseeable future."

"Norma DEM'd (deus ex machina'd) Omnius to another dimension. Will we ever see your interpretation of what Frank Herbert planned for Omnius in that Alternate dimension? Surely there must be another 2-3 trilo, sorry Tetrologies that he meant to write about Omnius. Will Norma take care of Xenu too?"

"Did L. Ron Hubbard personally task you with destroying and infecting Science Fiction? Or did you think that up on a Hike and sell it to Scientology for fame among fanboys who will forget you exist 10 years from now?"

"Dude, WTF!!??!"
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

oh i forgot. you should end with this one:

"Can you sign my t-shirt?"
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I thought of another...

Have you ever had an original idea?

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Hiking and dictating ... Shakespeare, Dickens, and Hemingway did it that way too, right?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Phaedrus wrote:
Rakis wrote:Mr. Anderson, can you explain that comment about fans you call "Talifans" ?

Oh, and by the way, it's really been hell lately to go to DNBBS, there's that guy called Arnoldo and that...er...cat person name Hypatia that have taken over the forum and keep sucking up to Byron like there's no tomorrow... :roll:
"I tried to post on the official board, but this troll named 'boardadmin' ran me off! He's such a jerk. My posts keep getting mysteriously deleted, too. That place is full of trolls and idiots who don't know anything about your books. You really shouldn't permit that kind of behavior on the official board, it sucks for fans!"
It would be so kewl if Byron was also at the convention :lol:
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

"What do you enjoy most about writing in the Dune universe - completely destroying Frank Herbert's legacy, or pissing off everyone who ever respected the man or his work?"

HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Freak, if you want to dare the T-shirt thing I'll send you one of the "NO KJA!" ones. Just PM me your address and size. :D )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Mr. Anderson ... are you a Penny Arcade fan?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Here's another one "Mr Anderson wich series will you be ripping off next?"
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

so, Mr Anderson, is it ok if i give you a signed copy of my Star Wars book?
I am a mortal god.
waff

Post by waff »

So which is a cooler planet, Dune or Krypton?
KJA

Post by KJA »

waff wrote:So which is a cooler planet, Dune or Krypton?
After extensive research hiking under the hot sun for extended lengths of time in the desserts of West Coast and Africa, I would hazard a guess that Dune is much warmer and Krypton is cooler. Thanks for the scientific question. Glad I could answer something related to my science degree.
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
KJA

Post by KJA »

Secher_Nbiw wrote:so, Mr Anderson, is it ok if i give you a signed copy of my Star Wars book?
No problem. I am always available to do something under the cover for fans :wink:
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

No problem. I am always available to do something under the cover for fans :wink:
Man that's creepy! :shock:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
waff

Post by waff »

Seraphan wrote:
Man that's creepy! :shock:
KJA does hold that record for the most fans in a signing! :twisted: :lol:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Asked with no ulterior motive and complete candor (and after a good half hour of ego-stroking warm up questions)...

"What would you say to those critics that lament the current mediocre state of print science fiction entertainment?"

If he didn't give his typical non-answer, the response would be pure comedy gold. :)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ask him if he's available to ruin office Christmas Parties and Birthdays.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Is the beard real?

Oh...

The one on his face, I mean.
waff

Post by waff »

Would you like to write some prequels to Shakespeare next? I'm sure Hamlet needs a prequel with cyborg princes, wild telekinetic queens, sexually ambiguous robot assassins, and an Ophelia who becomes an oracle and swallows Poland.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

waff wrote:Would you like to write some prequels to Shakespeare next? I'm sure Hamlet needs a prequel with cyborg princes, wild telekinetic queens, sexually ambiguous robot assassins, and an Ophelia who becomes an oracle and swallows Poland.
:shock:

When can I see the movie version? :wink:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Somehow I overlooked the "swallows Poland" the first time I read that.

Excellent! :lol: