What idea from the Prequels had that Frank feel?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Man, FH was obsessed! Almost every book of his that I've read has had someone wearing a unitard... I can't even think of one that didn't off the top of my head.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Well, unitards and stretchy fabric are very 60's and 70s futurism. Just look at the SF movies at the time.

HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Evidently SpiceGrandson thinks that the Marty and Daniel passages have that good ole Frank feel.

:roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
LiquidBlue

Post by LiquidBlue »

My favorite part so far is how Spicegrandson says, in reference to Rinya's failed attempt at the agony.

"Agreed. Her pride got in the way of common sense. Her love for her mother, too, got in the way. She wanted to prove to her mother that she was ready ...when she wasn't. Pretty sad."
Do you really think FH was headed in this direction? I feel like he spent most of HoD and CH:D trying to correct the absence of love/affection in the BG. That seemed to be the purpose of Odrade as a character.

I like the little part about how he said that Rinya died proving herself to her mother. Maybe its some backdoor way to justify BH's inability to fill Frank's shoes. There really is not textual evidence to support this interpretation.
"Rinya had always been the more aggressive of the twins, goal drive, reaching for the impossible. She wanted to become a Reverend Mother as young as Sheeana had been."

There is more explanation of how Rinya contained great potential which just repeats the idea of the above quote in new and inventive ways :wink:
Some never participate. Life happens to them. They get by on little more than dumb persistence and resist with anger or violence all things that might lift them out of resentment-filled illusions of security.
-Alma Mavis Taraza

"Glory or insanity awaits" -- Rimmer
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I would think that Bene Gesserit are taught the failings of being so headstrong and "goal-driven" that they end up dead.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
LiquidBlue

Post by LiquidBlue »

I'll claim that typo :) For once it wasn't KJA or BH's fault...

I think the whole BG thing goes haywire in the hands of KJABH, this is yet another example...I have to agree with you Phaedrus
Some never participate. Life happens to them. They get by on little more than dumb persistence and resist with anger or violence all things that might lift them out of resentment-filled illusions of security.
-Alma Mavis Taraza

"Glory or insanity awaits" -- Rimmer
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

That's a quote from the books? The writing is so bad I thought it was Spice Grandson in his thread.

From what I read of Hunters, they completely missed the last two books of the original Dune series. The Bene Gesserit are portrayed horrible. The Honored Matres, are, too, but that's to be expected.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.