Preq/Seq nicknames

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

I'm fond of Waterworms of Dune.
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

How about "The Bulimic Jihad"

:puke
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Gyros of Dung series:

Pail of Dung
Jes' sick of Dung
I rollin' in Dung
Later on Dung

(Edit: Maybe Letotard of Dung for the last?)
Last edited by SandChigger on 04 May 2008 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I've used Dung: House Atrocious before, but can't remember where I first saw it.

Got nuttin' for the others at the moment. :(

(Some variant of "How's...?" for the House books, maybe?)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: House Atrocious. I like that.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Big Mech Motocross Attack! (Machine crusade)
Battle of Competence

House Hackonandon
Saga of the 7 Dunes: House Corrino

btw has anyone here read or discussed somewhere how much of So7S is a rip off of all the "space operas" KJA has worked on or read?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros wrote:Big Mech Motocross Attack! (Machine crusade)
Battle of Competence
Weirdly amusing. :)
House Hackonandon
Yeah! That'll do! :D
Saga of the 7 Dunes: House Corrino
Mmm...mebst? ;)

How about Dung: Who's Cornholin'? :shock:

btw has anyone here read or discussed somewhere how much of So7S is a rip off of all the "space operas" KJA has worked on or read?
From what little I know of the "Sag...uh!", I think KJamesA has "borrowed" more than a few ideas from Dan Simmons' Hyperion universe.

Green Priests, flying trees in space, a gas giant with a breathable atmosphere, space barbarians on the edges of civilization...I'm sure there would be more if I actually read the books.

I'm sure you could probably find sources for most of his other "original" ideas if you look hard enough. His Ildrian (sp?) aliens seemed like humans in ET-drag with funny names at best. ... Feh!

Worst of all, though, is the shiteful writing in which all of the above is conveyed. :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

Dung: House Colon. But it doesn't rhime well. :?

Maybe replacing "crusade" with "charade", but I'm half reeling here from lack of sleep to come up with something for the first part of it.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandChigger wrote: From what little I know of the "Sag...uh!", I think KJamesA has "borrowed" more than a few ideas from Dan Simmons' Hyperion universe.

Green Priests, flying trees in space, a gas giant with a breathable atmosphere, space barbarians on the edges of civilization...I'm sure there would be more if I actually read the books.

I'm sure you could probably find sources for most of his other "original" ideas if you look hard enough. His Ildrian (sp?) aliens seemed like humans in ET-drag with funny names at best. ... Feh!

Worst of all, though, is the shiteful writing in which all of the above is conveyed. :roll:
Those Hyperion books any good? I've had one on my shelf for months but keep finding things I think are more important to read.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

orald wrote:Dung: House Colon. But it doesn't rhime well. :?
Yea, but it does sum it up nicely, doesnt it?
orald wrote:Maybe replacing "crusade" with "charade", but I'm half reeling here from lack of sleep to come up with something for the first part of it.
Nice!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Problem is, same as with me trying to make nice sounding riddles, that my mind doesn't really work in english in the most basic level, so it's harder for me to rhime or think of pretty ways to hint at something.

But then again, I suck at making those in Hebrew too. :roll:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Those Hyperion books any good? I've had one on my shelf for months but keep finding things I think are more important to read.
That's kinda funny. I bought all four in paperback and they languished in the bedside book pile for over a year or more, IIRC.

Of course, I was pissed off at Simmons for the piece of shit that Olympos turned out to be. (I REALLY enjoyed the first book of that duology, Ilium, btw.)

Anyway...any good? Well, let's just say they completely rehabilitated Simmons in my mind and restored him to Can Do No Wrong (Well, Probably) status. :D
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

SandChigger wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Those Hyperion books any good? I've had one on my shelf for months but keep finding things I think are more important to read.
That's kinda funny. I bought all four in paperback and they languished in the bedside book pile for over a year or more, IIRC.

Of course, I was pissed off at Simmons for the piece of shit that Olympos turned out to be. (I REALLY enjoyed the first book of that duology, Ilium, btw.)

Anyway...any good? Well, let's just say they completely rehabilitated Simmons in my mind and restored him to Can Do No Wrong (Well, Probably) status. :D
I agree with Chigga; I really loved Hyperion.