Two copies of Sandworms!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nebiros

Two copies of Sandworms!

Post by Nebiros »

I am reading Sandworms of Dune and it is my least favorite book to be titled: Dune. I am a moderate fan of the Dune books written by Brian and Kevin but I am not impressed with this book.

I do not like the fact that they just overloaded the story with gholas, Sheeana walking inside a worm and probably even more flaws to come as I read this book.

I bought the book in Singapore in December, but my brother believing I still did not have it bought another copy for me! Would anyone care to buy a copy from me? (I'm joking of course)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hello again.

Suggestions:

Burn it and video it. Send me the file and I'll host it on my website.

Cut out the centers of the pages and make a hollow inside the book. (I'm sure you've seen this on TV or movies, when someone wants to hide something inside a book.) Eat a very spicey meal and defecate into the hollow. Wrap in plastic wrap and mail to Kevin or Brian or the HLP with a note saying "I shat in your book...and it remains unchanged. A miracle!"

Alternatively, rip out the pages and shred them and return to same.

So MANY possibilities!

:D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:Hello again.

Suggestions:

Burn it and video it. Send me the file and I'll host it on my website.

Cut out the centers of the pages and make a hollow inside the book. (I'm sure you've seen this on TV or movies, when someone wants to hide something inside a book.) Eat a very spicey meal and defecate into the hollow. Wrap in plastic wrap and mail to Kevin or Brian or the HLP with a note saying "I shat in your book...and it remains unchanged. A miracle!"

Alternatively, rip out the pages and shred them and return to same.

So MANY possibilities!

:D

owwwwwwww .... I am tempted!
orald

Post by orald »

Better if he just put a bomb inside the hollow book, God knows they have enough pages there for a VERY fat bomb.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I've been trying to give away all my prequel hardcovers but people just look at me like I'm crazy.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:Better if he just put a bomb inside the hollow book, God knows they have enough pages there for a VERY fat bomb.
In the hollowed out book glue a test tube full of hydrochloric acid with the end plugged with rubber plug; attach dental floss to one end and glue the other end to the front hardcover (make it short). Fill the hole in the book with zinc pellets. When the books open, the rubber plug comes off spilling the acid and mixing with the zinc. If he happens to be lighting anything, bang! If not the acid will corrode fingers. Also a delay mercury switch to produce a spark just after the cover swung open, just to make sure. Old cameras have the switch.

Now you all know how to make hydrogen. Save the environment!

(this is intended as a joke and in no way, shape, or form, am I directing anyone to do this.) :roll:
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

SandChigger wrote: Cut out the centers of the pages and make a hollow inside the book. (I'm sure you've seen this on TV or movies, when someone wants to hide something inside a book.) Eat a very spicey meal and defecate into the hollow. Wrap in plastic wrap and mail to Kevin or Brian or the HLP with a note saying "I shat in your book...and it remains unchanged. A miracle!"

D
I can't stop laughing. Damn you Chigger.

The only thing I can add to this marvelous idea is to send the "edited version" to Harriet Klausner for a review.

:mrgreen:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I've been trying to give away all my prequel hardcovers but people just look at me like I'm crazy.
I finally got the new employee at my local used book store to buy them when the owner was at lunch one Saturday. That was months ago, and they are still sitting there. I tease them about it everytime I go in there.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I've been trying to give away all my prequel hardcovers but people just look at me like I'm crazy.
I finally got the new employee at my local used book store to buy them when the owner was at lunch one Saturday. That was months ago, and they are still sitting there. I tease them about it everytime I go in there.
That's what I'm going to have to do, spend some time casing the local used book store to see when the owner is normally away.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Omphalos wrote:
Haha...Beers Books? I had a similiar experience with Hunters.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mr. Teg wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Haha...Beers Books? I had a similiar experience with Hunters.
Thats the one! Did you see my pristine copy of Sadworms sitting on the hb shelf? Or my House novels on the pb shelf? I think they finally took my copy of Hunters, drilled a hole in it, and attached the bathroom key.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

HoosierDaddy wrote:The only thing I can add to this marvelous idea is to send the "edited version" to Harriet Klausner for a review.

:mrgreen:
Oh, GodDur yes! That slattern hoor! :twisted:

She probably wouldn't notice, though, since she only uses the back covers for her "reviews". :lol:
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

A bomb in a Dune book? Terrorism in the name of good taste? No that is not an option.

Anyway I just gave it to my parents. Nobody would read it if I put it in my library.

I read the negative reviews and found four more flaws that I have yet to get to.
orald

Post by orald »

Terrorism in the name of terrorism! That's the main kind anyway, no matter what the terrorists proclaim. :|

Of course MY terrorism against P&B is a holy war in the name of the human mind! They have tainted all mankind! Just think what the aliens will think of us when they read trash like that! :shock:

Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

It's been several months and I'm STILL reading Sandworms! I'm reading it reeeeaaaalllly slowly because of how pointless the plot is. The gholas are just THERE and for no real purpose. I'm not encouraged to get to the end because of the deux ex machina ending. I've just read the ridiculous scene of Serena talking through Sheeana to the robot Erasmus.

I was impressed with the House series, somewhat satisfied with the Legends series and Hunters but I am totally bored and unimpressed with Sandworms!

What happened? Probably written in a hurry and they assumed a good ending would be to bring together all the characters from previous novels for the grand finale. Big mistake.

I liked most of the new Dune novels, but I have to agree with the Kevin bashers on this one. Utterly pointless ending to a great series.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Nebiros wrote:Probably written in a hurry ...
Written via dictation. All the best authors do it ... :roll:

Then KJA's raw dictation bypassed Bri-Bri and the HLP completely and went right to the printer.

Exaggerated for effect, yes. But not that much.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
orald

Post by orald »

Ah, Chig, I grow desperate of our political-expert friend. *shakes head*

BTW, we need a head-shaking smiley.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:Ah, Chig, I grow desperate of our political-expert friend. *shakes head*
Yes...and for what it's worth, I think the two of you would make a lovely couple. If he didn't already have a cutey wife. And didn't have that whole Xian "Sodomy is a sin!" vibe thing going.

(I'm sure "desperate" isn't the word you wanted, but I'm drawing a blank myself this morning as to what it should be. :( I forget, do you like brown sugar?)
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Nebiros wrote: I was impressed with the House series, somewhat satisfied with the Legends series and Hunters but I am totally bored and unimpressed with Sandworms!
If you was impressed with the House Series, so read my Edited and Revised version of House Atreides 8)

It's even better! :twisted:

As if their books could be good anyway...but I try my best...

I think this is the best way to humiliate them: Acting like the editor book they never had. If we can't erase their work (maybe we can in the future), Edit it.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

orald

Post by orald »

Chig wrote:And didn't have that whole Xian "Sodomy is a sin!" vibe thing going.
I've been meaning to ask you, WTF is this "Xian" you mention about him all the time anyway?
Chig wrote:(I'm sure "desperate" isn't the word you wanted, but I'm drawing a blank myself this morning as to what it should be. :( I forget, do you like brown sugar?)
Desperate.
1st entry, meaning #8.

I'm almost sure this "brown sugar" thing is some insulting slang directed at me or my "tastes", but I don't understand it. :?

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Xian is Christian. I'll let you figure out the brown sugar on your own, though.
orald wrote:Desperate.
1st entry, meaning #8.
(That's a noun. You're using it as an adjective. :P Edit: Or is it an adverb in your usage? I should have been asleep two hours ago...)
Last edited by Phaedrus on 29 Jun 2008 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Xtian = Christian.

Brown Sugar = Lovin' from a black person.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I just realized what it should have been:

"I despair of our...." ;)
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Freakzilla wrote:Xtian = Christian.

Brown or Black?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Dune Nerd wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Xtian = Christian.

Brown or Black?
Either.
~Pink Snowman