"Heroes" to be a tetralogy now

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, they "correct" in the paperbacks (at least they did in Grunters), they just never really acknowledge having done so publicly. Other than the real, honest typos, that is. (Like "Darwin Odrade" :wink: )

I was banned more for attacking the authors (mostly Kevin, since Brian is essentially a non-entity) both there and on other websites, especially my own. And I suppose for having "chased off" idiots...er, I mean, thoughtful, well-mannered fans of the new books.

And I'd do it all again if given the chance. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Well. I am afraid we will not get an answer to the birthplace question, or the answer is that KJA un-friended me.
trang

Post by trang »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
In fact, some authors actually welcome reports of errors (typographical, or of consistency, etc) so they can be corrected in the PB edition.

HBJ
First, Your absolutly right, Im on the starfist forums board ( I know its not deep and intellectual like dune, but dang it, marines in space defending the conferation and blowing stuff up is fun!) and the two authors engage in conversation on a daily basis, including reviews.

They wrote a book in the starwars universe (they were actually approached by a publisher from that arena after they read the first book there series) called Jedi Trial. The publisher asked them to take anakin and turn him into a general type, using the similar style they use in starfist. They said what the heck and did it. It failed terribly (the fanboys in the starwars universe hated it and the the style).

I bought the book and read and it and said I didnt like it either, and they were cool with that, explaining what they did, why they did, and if they could do again, would take more input.

They also take input from the series fans, answer questions, etc, its really refreshing actually.

Not like KJA who basically blows you off, because he "knows", and talks down to you in the reposts of exchanging with him, infuriating!

Second, to the this last post shared, Im assuming that came from the dune group over on myspace? Does KJA actually respond over on this group?

I only ask because I just recently got into myspace (friends at work, etc) and I had just joined the group a couple days ago, lurking over the posts.
I saw chig's post, entertaining as always, but hadnt posted yet.

We also did the same thing for facebook, couple dune groups overthere, suprisingly the facebook group shares the same basic view of preq/seq as folks here, not as intense but the same.

After I get POD and read it, Im gonna send KJA my medical bills for the damage done to my brain. I'll wait to pick up copy at used books store, Im sure it will only take a couple weeks after its released.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

trang wrote:After I get POD and read it, Im gonna send KJA my medical bills for the damage done to my brain. I'll wait to pick up copy at used books store, Im sure it will only take a couple weeks after its released.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think used copies of Hunters/Sandworms were available at Amazon.com within days of release.

Now you won't have to wait as long after POD is released to send your medical bills :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Actually, if I remember correctly, there were used copies of Sadworms being offered on Amazon BEFORE the release. :lol:

Trang: Kevin claims he doesn't have enough time to participate on the Dune Novels board. He only has time to post self-serving fluff on his MySpace blog, the only one of his three "blogs" that really even comes close to being one, even though he bans anyone who posts anything besides egregious examples of cybersuckage.

Seriously, though, what's the point in trying to engage him in discussion in the first place? His views on Dune are completely uninteresting; he has nothing to do with the real Dune at all.
orald

Post by orald »

I'm of a mind to, maybe, if I can get to register to MySpace(too lazy), to try and befried Kevin so I can post worshipping and make-me-babies posts on his blog.

Of coure I'll have to wear my blond cyber wig. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I went to myspace once, it was so incredibly slow I gave up. I don't know how 'Chigger can stand it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Yea Myspace is what it is, aint for everyone, mostly just did for folks at work.

I was curious if KJA did post, no hope or interest in exchanging thoughts with him.

Hopefully POD will be on sale used for 5 or 6 bucks a few days after release, that way I can get it, read it, brain hemmorage, have the wife take it to the local store and get back 3 bucks or so. Then I can heal a few weeks, and wont have to have anymore of their pain for another 350 days or so. :lol:

Trang

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anybody heard anything about advance reader copies? Nary a whisper this time round.... :?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Anybody heard anything about advance reader copies? Nary a whisper this time round.... :?
I imagine after all the BS the last time round they are posting strict warnings on the new ones.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Have you seen the UK pb cover for Pail?

Note in particular the bit I've circled:

Sigh.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Well, as long as it says epic it must be good!
Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

That saddens me deeply. I was sarcastically thinking the other day that any new printings of Dune will be renumbered to fit in these four books. Now it looks very possible. :(
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Fuckers. I hate that :evil:
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Destroying Dune, that it is what they are doing.....

I hope these books never come to Brazil. Never.

Here the majority of fans only know the original series.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

SandChigger wrote:Have you seen the UK pb cover for Pail?

Note in particular the bit I've circled:

Sigh.

Rob
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Have you seen the UK pb cover for Pail?
Sorry for the 10-day bump, but I'll just feel so much better if I ask this: is anyone else worried that this sort of nonsense, will, inevitably, lead to a re-numbering of the series by the geniuses at HLP?

I mean, the pathetic scribbles of Hack A and Hack B affect my life not at all: they're non-canon fanfic. I know the difference between a real author and a total poseur. But I do worry about new fans coming into the series a few years down the road and, not through any fault of their own, seeing new printings of the Dune series lined up all nice and neat ... including "Volume I: The Butlerian Jihad." Bleh. I actually had a bit of acid reflux after typing that ...

I think this is a legitimate worry. Someone at the HLP is already brain-dead enough to approve this absurd "epic sequel" travesty, and I'm beginning to learn not to underestimate them when it comes to destroying FH's legacy. There's not a single clue amongst them.

Does anyone else share my fears? Can you envision a nice, neat row of "Dune: Volumes I through XIV"?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

This issue has been raised over at DN, and Byron assures us that nothing of the sort will happen. However, I do think we've already seen some new fans get confused, I saw one guy (over at DN) ask why FH forgot to have House Vernius (I think I have that name right) bail out house Atreides in the novel Dune. The guy clearly thought that FH had made a plot error in over-looking such an obvious way to help the Atreides. :roll:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hell, Im worried about a re-writing of the original six!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Omphalos wrote:Hell, Im worried about a re-writing of the original six!
Yeah.. I don't think anything is out of the question for them, if they can make a buck off of it.
trang

Post by trang »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:Destroying Dune, that it is what they are doing.....

I hope these books never come to Brazil. Never.

Here the majority of fans only know the original series.
Maybe you could organize a BH/KJA boycott via the Brazillian government. Then Brazil could be declared the last safe haven for Othordox Hebertarians! We all could move there and have a yearly festival where a great voice (james earl jones type) could read the books aloud to the crowd!!

Or maybe a real talented CGI artist could render GodEmperor on a giant 80 foot screen and he could speak the words himself!!!

dam I scare myself sometimes when ideas start flowing.

I still think chipping in and finding a good voodoo doll maker would be a good idea, to counter the pain to be caused by theyre "epic turd" incarnatoins.

BH/KJA, I AM TRANG HEAR ME !!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

VIVA LA BRAZIL!!
Trang

trang

Post by trang »

anyone here ever considered creating a OH member card? be worth it, would be glad to have one and carry in wallet.

Photoshop masters to the front!

Trang

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Interesting idea....here's a roughdraft. I'm open to any suggestions on design or wording, or anything, really.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

And so it begins.... :shock:
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

That's not a suggestion of any kind. =P
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.