"Heroes" to be a tetralogy now

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

"Heroes" to be a tetralogy now

Post by SandChigger »

This has already been mentioned here but it's worth stirring the shite a wee bit more (Source):
Ksander on Arrakis.ru wrote:Could you give us more details about your "Heroes of Dune" trilogy?
KJA wrote:It's actually four books -- Paul, Jessica, Irulan, and Leto -- focusing on each of those characters and the dramatic events in the large gaps Frank Herbert left after DUNE, after DUNE MESSIAH, and after CHILDREN OF DUNE. The first book, PAUL OF DUNE, is in effect a direct sequel to DUNE, filling in much of the story of Paul's Jihad. JESSICA also fits mostly into this time period. IRULAN is basically a sequel to DUNE MESSIAH, taking place after blind Paul has walked off into the sand, leaving his empire in the hands of Alia. And LETO OF DUNE takes place immediately after the end of CHILDREN OF DUNE, with the first years of the God Emperor's reign.
I thought that back during the Sadworms book tour the story was just the opposite, that they didn't know if "Heroes" would be three or just two books.

And the bastard had the balls to complain about Frank Herbert's math skills! :evil:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

I just gotta ask, your Hairy Ticks of Dune blog, is it supposed to sound like Heretics of Dune? Is it an intentional pun? I only came up on this today while saying it aloud. :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Four!?

KJA gonna fill in the gaps of the early years of LETO! :lol:

Well. I'm sure they'll use the standard HLP pitch..."Oh, the FANS were waiting all these years for the gaps to be filled."

The FANS...

His agent and boy toy up in Canada!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
orald

Post by orald »

Mr. Teg wrote:The FANS...

His agent and boy toy up in Canada!
But I'm from Israel. :?

Oh, not that kind of boy toy? :oops:
SandChigger wrote:"Heroes" to be a tetralogy now
And here I thought it was to be a crapology. :roll:

Ha, beat that Spicelon to the poop joke!

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:I just gotta ask, your Hairy Ticks of Dune blog, is it supposed to sound like Heretics of Dune? Is it an intentional pun? I only came up on this today while saying it aloud. :D
You sure? I mean, you really have to ask? :D
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

To think that they dropped the IQ of Duncan, Teg and the others in Hunters to make them more readable for the common people...Gawd...what will happen to Leto? and Ghanima?

(Place depressed smiley here)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think I'm going to change my mind on a few things and actively start hoping that a boulder falls on Kevin the next time he's out "writing" (snicker) in the mountains.

It's obvious that the money is good enough (despite all the "Oh no, it's hardly a pittance!" to the contrary from Asskiss) that he's not going to stop on his own. So let's all focus our negative thoughts in a positive direction and visualize Kevin as patté under rock.

With Kevin out of the way, there won't be much to worry about from that brainfucked lout in Washington.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

This is worse than I ever imagined. :cry:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Shadout

Post by Shadout »

Sigh, might be time to stop buying them (yeye, some will say I'm late)
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Had to bring this over to the more appropriate topic:

The one word that convinces me that these ( now ) four extra books are unnecessary milk cows is: GAPS!

Asshole KJA states there are GAPS! in the storyline of the Chronicles. Is he out of his mind? This is the storyline as Frank wrote them and he has the audacity to say there are GAPS! in the storyline.

I remember vividly reading God-Emperor for the very first time. I started reading Siona running and fleeing from the D-Wolves. So many questions popped-up in my mind after reading that first chapter that I was completely sucked into the Duniverse again.

I had to keep reading to find answers to those questions and to this very day not all of them have been answered. That is they way Frank envisioned his series. He needed the GAP of 3500 years to make the God-Emperor succeed as a character. When you read GEOD you "feel" his age.

I am afraid the end of the Ortho's ordeal is far from over.

PS: I agree with Sandchigger. Let us all pray that a small boulder, just a few tons heavy, will fall on KJA next time he takes a stroll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You saw his new blahg over on MySpace, too, huh?
THREE MORE DUNE NOVELS -- JESSICA, IRULAN, AND LETO

Brian Herbert and I are pleased to announce a new deal with Tor Books for three more Dune novels to follow PAUL OF DUNE. These novels -- JESSICA OF DUNE, IRULAN OF DUNE, and LETO OF DUNE -- will also flesh out and fill in the gaps in Frank Herbert's original three Dune novels. The new novels will focus on each of the title characters.

The first book in this sequence, PAUL OF DUNE, is in effect a direct sequel to DUNE, filling in much of the story of Paul's Jihad, and will be published this September. JESSICA also fits mostly into this time period. IRULAN is a sequel to DUNE MESSIAH, taking place after blind Paul has walked off into the sand, leaving his empire in the hands of Alia. And LETO OF DUNE takes place immediately after the end of CHILDREN OF DUNE, showcasing the first years of the God Emperor's reign. (This latter novel is the story most requested in the fan letters we receive.)

These novels will be published every other year (or perhaps sooner, depending on our writing speed and on our duties for the upcoming Paramount film version of DUNE).
So suddenly they're about servicing the fans? Oh, right, THEIR fans.

The idiots of no imagination who are just dying to know what happened and are willing to be spoonfed absolute drivel just so long as it has "Dune" somewhere on the cover.

Fuck.
orald

Post by orald »

You're so wrong, chig. So utterly, completely and overwhelmingly wrong.

You need to actively work to kill him in order to get rid of him, not just wish for it.
:twisted:

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:You saw his new blahg over on MySpace, too, huh?

So suddenly they're about servicing the fans? Oh, right, THEIR fans.

The idiots of no imagination who are just dying to know what happened and are willing to be spoonfed absolute drivel just so long as it has "Dune" somewhere on the cover.

Fuck.
Yes I have and I am still weeping silent tears of misery. When will it all end?

I am afraid Orald is correct and we need to actively hunt down KJA and euthanize him; preferably with a 12 gauge shotgun.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's sad that this guy actually thinks he can make FH's story better.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

These novels will be published every other year (or perhaps sooner, depending on our writing speed and on our duties for the upcoming Paramount film version of DUNE).
This part concerns me as well. So much for all the positivity some of you threw out there that they wouldn't be doing anything with the Dune film. Sounds like they're going to be very busy chipping away at Frank's Legacy in this medium as well.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Nekhrun wrote:
This part concerns me as well. So much for all the positivity some of you threw out there that they wouldn't be doing anything with the Dune film. Sounds like they're going to be very busy chipping away at Frank's Legacy in this medium as well.
Can I assume "chipping away" in this statement means "shitting all over"? :x
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Nekhrun wrote:

I'm, in a wait and see mode, Kevin is so full of shit and ignorant that he probably believes all the bullshit Hollywood feeds people. Only time will truly tell.

Rob
The Sons of Idaho

Post by The Sons of Idaho »

LETO OF DUNE?!?

OK... write a story about Jessica, write all you want about Irulan ... but there are some things that are just frakin sacred.

When I first saw the title, I just assumed it was Leto I. It never crossed my mind that they would have the balls to invent stories of the God Emperor's life. BLASPHEMY
How do they really think that "filling in of the gaps" will do anything but ruin what FH did??

Talk like that is what gets historians burned. There are some things you just don't do.
How simple things were when our messiah was only a dream...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The Sons of Idaho wrote:When I first saw the title, I just assumed it was Leto I. It never crossed my mind that they would have the balls to invent stories of the God Emperor's life.
I thought the same thing. :cry:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I am so fucking depressed now.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Who wants to bet that Leto turns into a worm at some point in this new exciting sequel to Children of Dune?
orald

Post by orald »

Who wants to bet we'll be seeing alot of these scenes in LoD, only with Ghani instead of Hwi?

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:Who wants to bet that Leto turns into a worm at some point in this new exciting sequel to Children of Dune?
We should start a list of predictions. I think Ill do just that.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Alia

Post by Alia »

I must admit to reading the prequals, and I agree they were nowhere near the standard of Frank Herberts. If they want to write before or after Franks books, well thats ok but I think slipping them inbetween is going too far.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

They're used to slipping things in between, though.

They've been slipping their cocks in between Frank's (legacy's? corpse's?) bumcheeks for years now.

I think I am going to go ahead with that raping the corpse image I contemplated doing a few months back.

Screw 'em.