Brian Herbert's "Golden Path"

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nameless Swordsman

Brian Herbert's "Golden Path"

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

Perusing the board for a while now, I've seen many great posts; many great threads of deep thought, regarding Dune.

And while I've seen thoughts of brilliance from the OH - I've also noticed unmistakable feelings of long-repressed anger and frustration expressing itself.

Given what Brian and the hack has done to the work of art that you've come to love and cherish, this is understandable.

But from what I understand, for the longest time, on Dune Novels.com, people's unique viewpoints towards the series, and their thoughts toward the authors were strictly forbidden - and highly regulated.

In short, Brian, for what he did to the Dune Universe as a whole, and his treatment of all the people who held it dear, had made him something of a Tyrant.

Then suddenly, movements like Jacurutu were born - a great Scattering of Dune fans initiated and they have begun to spread out - all over Cyberspace.

I can't help but wonder, if perhaps the Son of the greatest writer in history - took a path - a horrifying path that his father saw, and refused to take..

- And did so, to create a repressive state for all Dune fans - so that they may one day seek to escape his tyranny by scattering.

Perhaps he saw a greater threat - and did what horrors he saw that needed to be done? :P

Brian Herbert is now nothing but a giant, fat worm, living in a mansion - controlling what happens and doesn't happen in the universe - and is engineering through his thoughts and actions - a great Scattering amongst fans.

Maybe he's trying to save Dune and it's loyal fans from something evil - and driving them far enough to the distant corners of cyberspace, so that try as they might, no one would ever be able to silence them all? :lol:

He might truly be a savior. ;)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Naïve mind

Re: Brian Herbert's "Golden Path"

Post by Naïve mind »

Haha, I had a thought of writing a story like that... Brian the God-Emperor, killing a seemingly endless series of disposable hack writers.

It would explain why He chose a Scientologist to pen the novels ... they're the only religion built around bad sci-fi(*).

(*) 20th century bad sci-fi, at least.

As to his Noble Purpose ... instead of submissively waiting for the next Dune novels, instead of arguing about canonical inconsistencies, never straying outside the bounds set by the HLP, I now scour the net for fanfic. Which is diverse, inconsistent, and wonderful.
lotek

Post by lotek »

There is only one giant fatworm and that's not brian.
This idea is funny, just with everyone else but him (and the other idiot), because they have NO understanding of even the base concepts in Dune.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

Nameless Swordsman wrote:Perusing the board for a while now, I've seen many great posts; many great threads of deep thought, regarding Dune.

And while I've seen thoughts of brilliance from the OH - I've also noticed unmistakable feelings of long-repressed anger and frustration expressing itself.

Given what Brian and the hack has done to the work of art that you've come to love and cherish, this is understandable.

But from what I understand, for the longest time, on Dune Novels.com, people's unique viewpoints towards the series, and their thoughts toward the authors were strictly forbidden - and highly regulated.

In short, Brian, for what he did to the Dune Universe as a whole, and his treatment of all the people who held it dear, had made him something of a Tyrant.

Then suddenly, movements like Jacurutu were born - a great Scattering of Dune fans initiated and they have begun to spread out - all over Cyberspace.

I can't help but wonder, if perhaps the Son of the greatest writer in history - took a path - a horrifying path that his father saw, and refused to take..

- And did so, to create a repressive state for all Dune fans - so that they may one day seek to escape his tyranny by scattering.

Perhaps he saw a greater threat - and did what horrors he saw that needed to be done? :P

Brian Herbert is now nothing but a giant, fat worm, living in a mansion - controlling what happens and doesn't happen in the universe - and is engineering through his thoughts and actions - a great Scattering amongst fans.

Maybe he's trying to save Dune and it's loyal fans from something evil - and driving them far enough to the distant corners of cyberspace, so that try as they might, no one would ever be able to silence them all? :lol:

:clap:
lotek

Post by lotek »

He could have done that by not "calling" the hack and by recruiting someone who actually can write.

But still it's an intersting point of view.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nameless Swordsman

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

ULFsurfer wrote:
Nameless Swordsman wrote:Perusing the board for a while now, I've seen many great posts; many great threads of deep thought, regarding Dune.

:clap:
Danke. *Bows* :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

This can't be true. It makes too much sense.
More of a Liberal Herbertarian.
JimmytheT

Post by JimmytheT »

Well done sir, I enjoyed the analogy. Too bad this is too intelligent for Brian to actually come up with.
Your life story would not make a good book. Don't even try.
-Fran Lebowitz
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Whenever i see this thread subject i think, Brian's golden shower. :obscene-moneypiss:

Rob