chronology

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

D Pope

Re: chronology

Post by D Pope »

zubu wrote: I needed a simple answer about chronology and nothing else. I dont really care about discussions regarding Frank Herberts legacy and his son's achievements, or lack of it. Also, I dont really like being called a noob by somebody who ignores two of the most important rules of ANY internet forum:
1. Stick to the topic and dont spam
2. Be polite to others - I was polite when I pointed out that you are spamming.
If you'd like some pointers on forum etiquette;
Many who have been members on a forum for a while, tend to take offence at a newcomer who shows up and starts telling them how they should act. Especially when said advice comes on the heels of a newcomer not getting exactly what he wants, immeadiately. Hanging around learning how, who, and what on a 'site might go a long way to answering a good many questions before they're asked besides helping to achieve your goals. You'd do well to remember that 'just because you want a thing in no way obligates the world.' This is as true in life as it is in an internet forum.
You must admit, you entered with a pretty big chip on your shoulder. Attitude begets attitude. If it wasn't your intention to do some rabble rousing, you could have looked around a little. The slightest effort at reviewing this forums history would show that we the Cast Out are at war with the mindless fucks who champion the cause of violence over intellect. If you didnt want to be catagorized such, you shouldn't have presented yourself as you did.

By the by, how do you define spam?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I found some bacon flavored spam:

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I found some bacon flavored spam:

It's good! Everytime!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

zubu wrote:I finished Legends of dune and Prelude to Dune series and I am a bit lost now as to which book to pick up next. According to wikipedia certain parts of "Paul of Dune" happen before the original Dune. So would you say it is better to move to Dune straight away and read Paul of Dune / Winds of Dune later on, before the messiah of Dune or the other way round? Thanx
Really? you've tried looking for an answer on the internet and in confused frustration come here?
First, the answer is printed on the outside of the books you own.
Second, This forum is for Orthodox Herbertarians, don't get pissed at a Jew if you don't like his answers to your questions about the truth of Islam.
Third, I should think that if you've actually read mcDune, as you claim, you'd know what a silly question you've asked.
Forth, Screw you for thinking that we have to give you an answer for no better reason than you wanting one. Since that's the case, i'd like to know your bank and account info! RIGHT NOW!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If you look closely you'll notice, that's not bacon FLAVORED Spam, it's Spam with bacon IN it.

:drool:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:If you look closely you'll notice, that's not bacon FLAVORED Spam, it's Spam with bacon IN it.

:drool:
Well, I would not think that the word "real" and "Hormel" go together at all, so I'm just gonna stick with the idea that it's faux-bacon. Still.....

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

I found spam with cheese in the pound shop
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

"Limited Edition!" :lol:
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Looks like I hit a nerve with the little guy. :cry:

By the way, don't trash Spam, they create a lot of jobs round these parts.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Spam is the national meat of Hawaii.
My buddy Raul was Hawaiian, talked about how he stole a case of spam from his moms pantry to add to a bottle of cheap whiskey to trade to an old man up on the mountain for some weed. Wait till he passed out and steal the spam back hoping he can replace it before his mom gets home. Doesn't sound like much now but to hear him tell it...

edit; Am I spamming? By zubus definition I mean, is this spamming?
-Omphalos
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

D Pope wrote: My buddy Raul was Hawaiian, talked about how he stole a case of spam from his moms pantry to add to a bottle of cheap whiskey to trade to an old man up on the mountain for some weed. Wait till he passed out and steal the spam back hoping he can replace it before his mom gets home. Doesn't sound like much now but to hear him tell it...
no, no; that's a great story, you just need to punch-up the delivery a bit ...

I'd tell it like:

once a knew a boy from The Islands, they love that there SPAM shit, with or without the cheese & bacon,
but he said his momma always had a bunch of it in the cupboard & he'd boost a can or two, take that and a
plastic traveler's bottle of cheap whisky to the old Kahuna On The Mountain ... this dude had Da Kine, brah,
they'd smoke the fuck out ... and then, after the old dude had passed out, he'd take the SPAM back to
his momma ... win-win for everybody ... ceptin' the old man, I guess, who probably went hungry, but I doubt
he cared much ... roll another fattie, pass't on the LEFT-hand side ...

also, per the OP: I want ya'll to notice I DID NOT lay straight-off into his candy-ass,
altho I surely read the first round of posts ... (also, the Naib said "be cool to the noobs",
and Gawd Knows I trys)

and really, all I can say (other than random obscenities & ad-hominems) is:
OH Anti-preek Argument #1 ....
Last edited by SandRider on 23 Jan 2012 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

SandRider wrote:and really, all I can say (other than random obscenities & ad-hominems) is:
OH Anti-preek Argument #1 ....
I love the way you tell 'em!
:lol:
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

RIP zubu
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 am- Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:00 pm
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

lotek wrote:I found spam with cheese in the pound shop
Dude, that is so not cheese.

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I though it was some sort of tropical illness.
lotek

Post by lotek »

D Pope wrote:Spam is the national meat of Hawaii.
My buddy Raul was Hawaiian, talked about how he stole a case of spam from his moms pantry to add to a bottle of cheap whiskey to trade to an old man up on the mountain for some weed. Wait till he passed out and steal the spam back hoping he can replace it before his mom gets home. Doesn't sound like much now but to hear him tell it...

edit; Am I spamming? By zubus definition I mean, is this spamming?
it's limited edition spamming so that's ok

From wiki
Liao emperor Shengzong led an expeditionary force against the Zubu in 983 after the Zubu killed their own khan and began to act in defiance of the Khitan. The Zubu khan was forced to submit to the Liao in 1003. On this occasion, the Liao divided the Zubu into several division, each under a Liao ruler.

The Zubu once again rebelled against their Khitan masters in 1026, but suffered another defeat. On this occasion, they were forced to pay an annual tribute of horses, camels, and furs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Omphalos wrote:Dude, that is so not cheese.
are you calling spam a liar ? :)

ImageImage
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Nekhrun wrote:RIP zubu
I was a friend of zubu. He taught me that when you eat spam, you pay for it.
:character-spamguy:
:tissue2:
-Omphalos
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

D Pope wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:RIP zubu
I was a friend of zubu. He taught me that when you eat spam, you pay for it.
I was a friend of zubu. He taught me that you can ask for spam spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs spam spam and spam.

But eggs is off.

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Zubu' is the phenomime (linguistic expression used to symbolize a state or manner) for a turd being pinched off and popping unexpectedly slipperily out your bum, in Japanese. :lol:

What else is there to say?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

That should do it. Let's lock it up boys! Turn the lights off on the way out.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think I saw it move!

:beat dead horse:
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I wonder if the people who stumble in here and stir up the hornet's nest
realize that we continue to mock them long after they're gone ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

One can only hope. ;) :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I guess what I mean is, if a trolls lurks under a bridge, but no-one crosses the bridge, is he still a troll ?

and OF COURSE he is ... just because the victim doesn't read the mocking posts about himself
does not mean they are not funny and entertaining in and of themselves ....

I mean, if all the McDune fanboys gave up the fight in the Amazon Basement,
would I still put up hateful and factually inaccurate posts about Keith ?

they have, and I do ....
ImageImage

lotek

Post by lotek »

His memory lives on in our mockery, forever.