• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Shitterhood rage

    Image
      Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Apjak » 10 Jan 2012 11:52

    Worldwide fans of the "Dune" collection are legion and, Herbert said, "very demanding. They feel strongly about keeping up the quality of the 'Dune' universe, and they have their own images of how it should be.

    "We try very hard not to disappoint them, but we are writing in a different, more modern style than Frank Herbert," he said. "We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down."

    Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... rylink=cpy


    How does this qualify as journalism?
    I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
    We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
    There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
    User avatar
    Apjak
     
    Posts: 518
    Joined: 30 Jun 2008 12:06
    Location: Kansas City

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 12:13

    as much as mcdune qualifies as writing.

    They had some insight though

    another brown-nosed idiot wrote:Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson live on another planet. Better make that "in another universe," and they like it there just fine.


    Well fucking stay there then !


    Not a clean slate any longer...
    eve wrote:That is so cool that Brain Herbert's mother was a white witch who was in touch with the paranormal! The book reading will be very interesting if he uses "the voice"


    Douche...

    EDIT TO ADD
    Image

    Let's see how long that stays.
    Last edited by lotek on 11 Jan 2012 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 12:24

    They talked on the phone and "hit it off instantly." They met, brainstormed and formed a partnership.


    Gross.
    Again.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby trang » 10 Jan 2012 12:35

    Apjak wrote:
    Worldwide fans of the "Dune" collection are legion and, Herbert said, "very demanding. They feel strongly about keeping up the quality of the 'Dune' universe, and they have their own images of how it should be.

    "We try very hard not to disappoint them, but we are writing in a different, more modern style than Frank Herbert," he said. "We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down."

    Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... rylink=cpy


    How does this qualify as journalism?


    it doesnt, A modern style? what? popcorn mindless and soulless space opera? these to have the combined brain level of a pea, and thats an insult to pea's!. Without Dumbing it down? please they repeat themselves incessantly in each of their volumes, like the readers have short term memory loss!
    Unbelievable! just fucking Unbelievable.
    "Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

    Image

    "Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
    But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.."
    User avatar
    trang
     
    Posts: 1221
    Joined: 06 May 2008 18:59
    Location: Hot Tub Time Machine

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Freakzilla » 10 Jan 2012 12:56

    They shouldn't even be allowed in the same room as a cactus!
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 10 Jan 2012 13:34

    lotek wrote:
    eve wrote:That is so cool that Brain Herbert's mother was a white witch who was in touch with the paranormal! The book reading will be very interesting if he uses "the voice"


    Douche...

    Yeah, I was going to comment on that.

    Fucking moron. :roll:

    (It's supposed to be shitty weather here tomorrow, so I'll be cooped up inside all day and climbing the walls. Time to get the Jihad rolling again. :twisted: )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 13:41

    Have fun :)
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 10 Jan 2012 13:42

    I always do. :dance:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 13:50

    Image
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandRider » 10 Jan 2012 21:47

    lotek wrote:a

    Not a clean slate any longer...
    eve wrote:That is so cool that Brain Herbert's mother was a white witch who was in touch with the paranormal! The book reading will be very interesting if he uses "the voice"


    Douche...

    EDIT TO ADD
    Image

    Let's see how long that stays.


    rollin' ....

    I, the SandRider, wrote:"Both had careers as respected science-fiction writers before their partnership" is patently false ... Brian Herbert's "Time Web" went largely unread and Anderson's handling of the Star Wars franchise caused a major fan-revolt, requiring two different authors and a half-dozen books to "un-write" Kevin's .... this "article" is a copy-pasta from every "interview" the Hacks Twain have shoveled out in the last 12 years ... this is Bad Journalism at best, or maybe more aptly described as Blatant Plagiarism ....
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 11 Jan 2012 07:42

    Can't stop rollin' ^^

    Image




    ps : this is the new adress for my previous image
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9949/ens5.png
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 11 Jan 2012 08:53

    I, the SandRider, wrote:"Both had careers as respected science-fiction writers before their partnership" is patently false ... Brian Herbert's "Time Web" went largely unread and Anderson's handling of the Star Wars franchise caused a major fan-revolt, requiring two different authors and a half-dozen books to "un-write" Kevin's .... this "article" is a copy-pasta from every "interview" the Hacks Twain have shoveled out in the last 12 years ... this is Bad Journalism at best, or maybe more aptly described as Blatant Plagiarism ....

    Just one minor catch: the Timewub books came out after they started ass-raping Dune.

    A better example would have been this new Stolen Gospels shit of BoBo's that they're e-publishing through Wurdfur: he couldn't get anyone to publish it for real.

    Otherwise, carry on! :P
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Nebiros » 17 Jan 2012 22:48

    Could anyone tell me how long this latest atrocity was on the New York Times Bestseller list? Last one If I remember correctly was two weeks. Was this one less or more? I know that it did make the list because KJA bragged about it in his blahg.

    Since KJA has not really won any major awards (the highest being his X files book in the 1990s winning the best science fiction book of the year) he uses the the New York Times Bestseller list as a measuring stick for success. If he did not have that, then he would resort to big (?) numbers like over ten thousand books sold. If that could be knocked down to less than 100 then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.
    Nebiros
     
    Posts: 315
    Joined: 23 Apr 2008 01:55
    Location: Cedon

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Serkanner » 18 Jan 2012 04:22

    As of yet there is no confirmation that shysterhood made it to the list at all.
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 18 Jan 2012 06:23

    Nebiros wrote:then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.

    No. Will never happen. You just don't get it at all.
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Omphalos » 18 Jan 2012 17:45

    Nebiros wrote:Could anyone tell me how long this latest atrocity was on the New York Times Bestseller list? Last one If I remember correctly was two weeks. Was this one less or more? I know that it did make the list because KJA bragged about it in his blahg.

    Since KJA has not really won any major awards (the highest being his X files book in the 1990s winning the best science fiction book of the year) he uses the the New York Times Bestseller list as a measuring stick for success. If he did not have that, then he would resort to big (?) numbers like over ten thousand books sold. If that could be knocked down to less than 100 then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.


    Maybe a poignant vlog would open his eyes, Nebiros. Why don't you put one together for the world to see?
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6584
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Nebiros » 19 Jan 2012 05:21

    A vlog discussing how much of an enormous hack KJA is. I don't recall ever seeing one so it's not a bad suggestion to make one.

    I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it. I'll even take one of my two copies of Sandworms of Dune and do something to it. I can't destroy it, but I could use it as a footrest or throw it across the room or something. If I am to do this, please list everything you want me to say about KJA in the video.
    Nebiros
     
    Posts: 315
    Joined: 23 Apr 2008 01:55
    Location: Cedon

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby lotek » 19 Jan 2012 06:52

    He's fat.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 19 Jan 2012 07:06

    Nebiros wrote:I'll even take one of my two copies of Sandworms of Dune and do something to it.

    Oooh, baby. Mix it up for us a little. Mmmm, hawt. :dance:

    lotek wrote:He's fat.

    Not all that fat, really.

    And standing beside the human blimps, well... :lol:
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Freakzilla » 19 Jan 2012 11:33

    If you want to look thin, surround yourself with fat people!
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby D Pope » 19 Jan 2012 12:38

    Neibros wrote:I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it.

    :think:
    I promise to watch it.
    :pray:
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope
     
    Posts: 1500
    Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
    Location: Grubville

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Nekhrun » 19 Jan 2012 20:05

    D Pope wrote:
    Neibros wrote:I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it.

    :think:
    I promise to watch it.
    :pray:

    I can't promise to try, but I'll try to try.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Freakzilla » 20 Jan 2012 09:28

    Nekhrun wrote:
    D Pope wrote:
    Neibros wrote:I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it.

    :think:
    I promise to watch it.
    :pray:

    I can't promise to try, but I'll try to try.


    Now, what would Yoda say about that? "There is no try to try, there is only do do?"
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18074
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby Nekhrun » 20 Jan 2012 18:44

    Heh, do do.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

    Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

    "Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Re: Shitterhood rage

    Postby SandChigger » 20 Jan 2012 19:01

    Freakzilla wrote:"...there is only do do?"

    Yes. Plenty of do do in this book. :lol:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

    cron