• Register
  • Login
  •          

Shitterhood rage

Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Shitterhood rage

Postby Apjak » 10 Jan 2012 11:52

Worldwide fans of the "Dune" collection are legion and, Herbert said, "very demanding. They feel strongly about keeping up the quality of the 'Dune' universe, and they have their own images of how it should be.

"We try very hard not to disappoint them, but we are writing in a different, more modern style than Frank Herbert," he said. "We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... rylink=cpy

How does this qualify as journalism?
    I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
    We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
    There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
    Apjak

Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 12:13

as much as mcdune qualifies as writing.

They had some insight though

another brown-nosed idiot wrote:Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson live on another planet. Better make that "in another universe," and they like it there just fine.

Well fucking stay there then !

Not a clean slate any longer...
    eve wrote:That is so cool that Brain Herbert's mother was a white witch who was in touch with the paranormal! The book reading will be very interesting if he uses "the voice"

Douche...

EDIT TO ADD

Let's see how long that stays.
    Last edited by lotek on 11 Jan 2012 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    lotek

Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 12:24

They talked on the phone and "hit it off instantly." They met, brainstormed and formed a partnership.

Gross.
    Again.
    lotek

Postby trang » 10 Jan 2012 12:35

Apjak wrote:
    Worldwide fans of the "Dune" collection are legion and, Herbert said, "very demanding. They feel strongly about keeping up the quality of the 'Dune' universe, and they have their own images of how it should be.

"We try very hard not to disappoint them, but we are writing in a different, more modern style than Frank Herbert," he said. "We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... rylink=cpy

How does this qualify as journalism?

it doesnt, A modern style? what? popcorn mindless and soulless space opera? these to have the combined brain level of a pea, and thats an insult to pea's!. Without Dumbing it down? please they repeat themselves incessantly in each of their volumes, like the readers have short term memory loss!
    Unbelievable! just fucking Unbelievable.
    "Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
    But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.."
    trang

Postby Freakzilla » 10 Jan 2012 12:56

They shouldn't even be allowed in the same room as a cactus!
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby SandChigger » 10 Jan 2012 13:34

lotek wrote:
    eve wrote:That is so cool that Brain Herbert's mother was a white witch who was in touch with the paranormal! The book reading will be very interesting if he uses "the voice"

Douche...

Yeah, I was going to comment on that.

Fucking moron. :roll:

(It's supposed to be shitty weather here tomorrow, so I'll be cooped up inside all day and climbing the walls. Time to get the Jihad rolling again. :twisted: )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 13:41

Have fun :)
    lotek

Postby SandChigger » 10 Jan 2012 13:42

I always do. :dance:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby lotek » 10 Jan 2012 13:50

lotek

Postby SandRider » 10 Jan 2012 21:47

lotek wrote:a

Not a clean slate any longer...

Douche...

EDIT TO ADD

Let's see how long that stays.

rollin' ....

I, the SandRider, wrote:"Both had careers as respected science-fiction writers before their partnership" is patently false ... Brian Herbert's "Time Web" went largely unread and Anderson's handling of the Star Wars franchise caused a major fan-revolt, requiring two different authors and a half-dozen books to "un-write" Kevin's .... this "article" is a copy-pasta from every "interview" the Hacks Twain have shoveled out in the last 12 years ... this is Bad Journalism at best, or maybe more aptly described as Blatant Plagiarism ....
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    SandRider
    Watermaster

Postby lotek » 11 Jan 2012 07:42

Can't stop rollin' ^^

ps : this is the new adress for my previous image
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9949/ens5.png
    lotek

Postby SandChigger » 11 Jan 2012 08:53

I, the SandRider, wrote:"Both had careers as respected science-fiction writers before their partnership" is patently false ... Brian Herbert's "Time Web" went largely unread and Anderson's handling of the Star Wars franchise caused a major fan-revolt, requiring two different authors and a half-dozen books to "un-write" Kevin's .... this "article" is a copy-pasta from every "interview" the Hacks Twain have shoveled out in the last 12 years ... this is Bad Journalism at best, or maybe more aptly described as Blatant Plagiarism ....

Just one minor catch: the Timewub books came out after they started ass-raping Dune.

A better example would have been this new Stolen Gospels shit of BoBo's that they're e-publishing through Wurdfur: he couldn't get anyone to publish it for real.

Otherwise, carry on! :P

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Nebiros » 17 Jan 2012 22:48

Could anyone tell me how long this latest atrocity was on the New York Times Bestseller list? Last one If I remember correctly was two weeks. Was this one less or more? I know that it did make the list because KJA bragged about it in his blahg.

Since KJA has not really won any major awards (the highest being his X files book in the 1990s winning the best science fiction book of the year) he uses the the New York Times Bestseller list as a measuring stick for success. If he did not have that, then he would resort to big (?) numbers like over ten thousand books sold. If that could be knocked down to less than 100 then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.
    Nebiros

Postby Serkanner » 18 Jan 2012 04:22

As of yet there is no confirmation that shysterhood made it to the list at all.
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Postby SandChigger » 18 Jan 2012 06:23

Nebiros wrote:then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.

No. Will never happen. You just don't get it at all.

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Omphalos » 18 Jan 2012 17:45

Nebiros wrote:Could anyone tell me how long this latest atrocity was on the New York Times Bestseller list? Last one If I remember correctly was two weeks. Was this one less or more? I know that it did make the list because KJA bragged about it in his blahg.

Since KJA has not really won any major awards (the highest being his X files book in the 1990s winning the best science fiction book of the year) he uses the the New York Times Bestseller list as a measuring stick for success. If he did not have that, then he would resort to big (?) numbers like over ten thousand books sold. If that could be knocked down to less than 100 then and only then would he admit that his book is a failure.

Maybe a poignant vlog would open his eyes, Nebiros. Why don't you put one together for the world to see?
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby Nebiros » 19 Jan 2012 05:21

A vlog discussing how much of an enormous hack KJA is. I don't recall ever seeing one so it's not a bad suggestion to make one.

I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it. I'll even take one of my two copies of Sandworms of Dune and do something to it. I can't destroy it, but I could use it as a footrest or throw it across the room or something. If I am to do this, please list everything you want me to say about KJA in the video.
    Nebiros

Postby lotek » 19 Jan 2012 06:52

He's fat.
    lotek

Postby SandChigger » 19 Jan 2012 07:06

Nebiros wrote:I'll even take one of my two copies of Sandworms of Dune and do something to it.

Oooh, baby. Mix it up for us a little. Mmmm, hawt. :dance:

lotek wrote:He's fat.

Not all that fat, really.

And standing beside the human blimps, well... :lol:
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby Freakzilla » 19 Jan 2012 11:33

If you want to look thin, surround yourself with fat people!
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby D Pope » 19 Jan 2012 12:38

Neibros wrote:I'll make it if you guys promise to watch it.

:think:
    I promise to watch it.
    :pray:
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope

Postby Nekhrun » 19 Jan 2012 20:05

D Pope wrote:

I promise to watch it.

I can't promise to try, but I'll try to try.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby Freakzilla » 20 Jan 2012 09:28

Nekhrun wrote:
    D Pope wrote:

I promise to watch it.

I can't promise to try, but I'll try to try.

Now, what would Yoda say about that? "There is no try to try, there is only do do?"
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Nekhrun » 20 Jan 2012 18:44

Heh, do do.
    "If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
    "Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener

Postby SandChigger » 20 Jan 2012 19:01

Freakzilla wrote:"...there is only do do?"

Yes. Plenty of do do in this book. :lol:

SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

PreviousNext

Return to ˲