Shitterhood rage

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Shitterhood rage

Post by SandChigger »

They had the CET meet under a dome on Earth. Twenty years previous. No mention of Hawaii.

They make Bomoko a rapist.

It's pretty dire. :evil:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Shitterhood rage

Post by Serkanner »

Do they mention why the meeting is on Earth? It seems rather pointless knowing Salusa Secundus is the capital world of the empire to build a dome on a nuked world.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Rymoah

Post by Rymoah »

SandChigger wrote:They had the CET meet under a dome on Earth. Twenty years previous. No mention of Hawaii.

It's pretty dire. :evil:
Oh, damn. Every time I think they reached the bottom, they continue to dig even more -__-'. Will this also be explained as "Irulan's propaganda of Muad'Dib" like in Paul of Dune? :roll:

(As a side note, who is the in-universe author of Appendix II in Dune, where it is clearly stated that the CET met on an island on Old Earth? Is it always Irulan's writing?)

Rymoah
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Serkanner wrote:Do they mention why the meeting is on Earth? It seems rather pointless knowing Salusa Secundus is the capital world of the empire to build a dome on a nuked world.
I was just skimming and after finding a mention of the post-CET riots toward the end of the book skimmed forward to see exactly what was said about it. No mention of why it was held on Earth that I've found yet.
Rymoah wrote:Oh, damn. Every time I think they reached the bottom, they continue to dig even more -__-'. Will this also be explained as "Irulan's propaganda of Muad'Dib" like in Paul of Dune? :roll:

(As a side note, who is the in-universe author of Appendix II in Dune, where it is clearly stated that the CET met on an island on Old Earth? Is it always Irulan's writing?)
They've never implied the author was Irulan, so far as I've noticed.

That would represent quite a stretch even for them, seeing how the intro to The Butlerian Jihad implies that it (the introduction itself, and maybe the whole Legends trilogy) was written by Irulan: the two documents are not consistent, seeing how Appendix II makes no mention of the Titans or Omnius. ;)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Let's see, here's some more shit:

- Norma Cenva is still around, mutated far from human norm, warping about in her special gas canister. :roll:

- Tupile already exists. Edit: My bad: according to the Religion appendix, Bomoko was said to have died on Tupile, so the planet/place/name being known in this time period is consistent with FH.

- The Bene Gesserit practice of not allowing mothers to raise their own daughters (or even letting the latter know who the former are, until/unless they become RMs) is apparently just the result of a falling out between the first RM and her daughter over the raising of the granddaughter (who's a "Butlerian", btw); the daughter is banished and the granddaughter only learns all this when she herself becomes an RM (the second one ever, maybe?).

I'm sure there's just oodles more. :puke:
Last edited by SandChigger on 03 Jan 2012 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Should I recognise that name?
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SadisticCynic wrote:
Should I recognise that name?
Yes. :lol:

He was the Zensunni Ulema who chaired the C.E.T. ;)
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

*Checks Appendix* Well, I'll be damned...

It's really starting to annoy me at their repeatedly shallow treatment of corruption in religion (and anywhere else).
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Kloud

Post by Kloud »

Dune Nukem Forever? :tissue2:
When a man with a crucifix meets a man with a gun, the man with a crucifix will be a dead man.
DON ZAUKER
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Kloud wrote:Dune Nukem Forever? :tissue2:
:?:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Duke Nukem Forever is the title of a video game, the most recent of the Duke Nukem series. It was in production for 10+ years, and was highly anticipated, only to turn out to be the biggest turd of a game ever.

So Dune Nukem Forever would be an apt analogy, if anyone had the expectation of KJA actually writing a good book.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't think anyone expected that.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Kloud

Post by Kloud »

Ampoliros wrote:Duke Nukem Forever is the title of a video game, the most recent of the Duke Nukem series. It was in production for 10+ years, and was highly anticipated, only to turn out to be the biggest turd of a game ever.

So Dune Nukem Forever would be an apt analogy, if anyone had the expectation of KJA actually writing a good book.
Freakzilla wrote:I don't think anyone expected that.
Well, I did... of course, in our country KJA's reputation is completly unheard. I hoped for the best until i red about the invisible ship created by a mad ixian scientist with no name...

(...i've been to the desert on a worm with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain...)
When a man with a crucifix meets a man with a gun, the man with a crucifix will be a dead man.
DON ZAUKER
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

High expectations don't last long with these two, you'll be constantly surprised how low they will go.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars exciting, fast-paced science fiction, January 3, 2012
By Harriet Klausner - See all my reviews
(#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER) (TOP 1000 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sisterhood of Dune (Hardcover)
Over eight decades ago, humanity defeated the tyrannical sentient cybernetics at the key Battle of Corrin. Debate rages over the use of safe machines in the everyday lives of people.

First Reverend Mother of the Sisterhood Raquella Berto-Anirul opens the Bene Gesserit School on the rainforest planet of Rossak as a place to teach women to use technology to improve their lot. The Venport descendants deploy mutated Navigators to fly early versions of Heighliners. On the other side of the argument is the Butlerian opposition, led by Manford Torondo and Swordmaster Anari Idaho, against technology as being dangerous. Soon everyone will have to pick a side as a human civil war over machinery seems imminent.

This is an exciting, fast-paced but thin Dune science fiction thriller as two diametrically opposite visions of the future surface even eighty plus years since the war against the machines. With what is going on in DC, Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson provide a timely tale built on the premise that idealism without pragmatism can turn into uncompromising tyranny.

Harriet Klausner

:crazy:

Rob
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

The Venport descendants deploy mutated Navigators to fly early versions of Heighliners.
Why were the navigators mutated back then?
Also, I haven't read any of their early-McDune-universe bullshit- but it seems to me that there is no progression. I mean... how do I put this? All of a sudden, everything is just there. All of a sudden, there is a Reverend Mother, and she opens the first Bene Gesserit School. Heighliners have been around and now they are being piloted by mutated pilots. Shit like that. Well, to be fair, I haven't read the books and don't really know what I'm talking about.
I bring nothing to the table.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

All that shit already happened in their previous books.
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Freakzilla wrote:All that shit already happened in their previous books.

Their previous books were not well written, from what I understand. It's like, the Bene Gesserit didn't really evolve from some earlier organization(s), they just came to be (kind of). I think I read that the first Reverend Mother came to be by tripping into a pool laced with acid, or some shit like that.
I bring nothing to the table.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:All that shit already happened in their previous books.
and if it didn't, it was implied ... a careful reader could figure it out ...

atleast, that's what Keith keeps saying in all the email "interviews" ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

If you can't see it you know you're not worthy.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

so the new McDune is out, right ?

in the entire forum devoted to it Over There, I counted a total of 25 posts ..
(and atleast fucking half were put up by OH sockpuppets ...)

it's GOT to be totally Official now : dunenovels.com is mutha-fucken DEAD ...

(in fairness (gawd knows why) I'd wonder if all the fanboy action isn't occurring on the facebook ...? )
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You gotta love it, though, because it's the ultimate KJA slap in the face to the Herberts: he participates actively on the Facebook groups, like he never would on DuneNovels.com. (Doesn't say much for his confidence in Uncle Mike, either, come to think of it.)

:lol:

Fuck the morons over good, Kevin! :laughing-rolling:
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... verse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same old crap, with a fresh slate of a comments section.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Apjak wrote:http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/02/415693 ... verse.html

Same old crap, with a fresh slate of a comments section.
"Sacred"? I don't think it means what he thinks it means. :roll:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

"I went into a safe deposit box and found a floppy disk," Herbert recalled. "Dad had written on it, 'Dune 7 Notes.' It held 30 pages of outlines and character ideas."

Now it's 30 pages.
~Pink Snowman