FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Spice Must Flow

FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Post by Spice Must Flow »

I've been reading around, wondering if I should subject myself to more "new" Dune trash. I read the first prequel trilogy when it came out, I have avoided the Butlerian Jihad trilogy, but recently went through the two books that comprise Dune 7.

So I am looking on Amazon reviews of Paul of Dune, and it turns out that FH Dune was really written by Princess Irulan, who was loose with the facts. Is this really true? Those fing bastards! :mad:
I was really thinking you guys were going too far about BH and KJA, just because they are bad writers, don't understand the real Dune series, and can't seem to remember what happened in it. But hey have crossed a line here! Man, maybe you guys ain't going far enough.
lotek

Re: FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Post by lotek »

Welcome to the Djihad.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Spice Must Flow wrote:Man, maybe you guys ain't going far enough.
We're open to suggestions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
ahnnah

Post by ahnnah »

be careful with Paul of Dune.... actually anything that is Blech of Dune. they have been known to cause permanent brain damage. if you're lucky, you won't remember a thing.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Spice Must Flow wrote:So I am looking on Amazon reviews of Paul of Dune, and it turns out that FH Dune was really written by Princess Irulan, who was loose with the facts. Is this really true? Those fing bastards! :mad:
Yep. It's true. :(

Straight from the horse's ass, if you prefer:

http://www.hairyticksofdune.net/topix/infidel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Scroll down to the bottom and see the last three emails.)

It's sad when a hack can use FH's ideas (unreliability of historians) against him like this.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Spice Must Flow

That was an interesting exchange. So I take you never got your "Yes" or "No" answer?

"If you write it, they will believe it. Trust me."
No we won't, princess.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No, no direct answer. But in the sense of "by their silence, they assent", he has essentially confirmed it. And there's really no other way of interpreting his response that I can see; can you see one?

(Btw, I'm pretty sure only Jabecca or one of his cronies gets to call him "princess". ;) :P :lol: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Spice Must Flow

It'd be hard to interpret it otherwise.
It sounds like he trying to say he's Irulin, and Frank is Paul (but it's actually Brian), giving him permission.

And it sure isn't the real Dune series that was designed for mass consumption.