FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Spice Must Flow

FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Postby Spice Must Flow » 29 Dec 2011 05:14

I've been reading around, wondering if I should subject myself to more "new" Dune trash. I read the first prequel trilogy when it came out, I have avoided the Butlerian Jihad trilogy, but recently went through the two books that comprise Dune 7.

So I am looking on Amazon reviews of Paul of Dune, and it turns out that FH Dune was really written by Princess Irulan, who was loose with the facts. Is this really true? Those fing bastards! :mad:
I was really thinking you guys were going too far about BH and KJA, just because they are bad writers, don't understand the real Dune series, and can't seem to remember what happened in it. But hey have crossed a line here! Man, maybe you guys ain't going far enough.

lotek

Re: FH Dune is not the real Dune?

Postby lotek » 29 Dec 2011 08:21

Welcome to the Djihad.
Spice is the worm's gonads.

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Freakzilla » 29 Dec 2011 09:14

Spice Must Flow wrote:Man, maybe you guys ain't going far enough.

We're open to suggestions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

ahnnah

Postby ahnnah » 29 Dec 2011 12:31

be careful with Paul of Dune.... actually anything that is Blech of Dune. they have been known to cause permanent brain damage. if you're lucky, you won't remember a thing.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby SandChigger » 30 Dec 2011 08:11

Spice Must Flow wrote:So I am looking on Amazon reviews of Paul of Dune, and it turns out that FH Dune was really written by Princess Irulan, who was loose with the facts. Is this really true? Those fing bastards! :mad:

Yep. It's true. :(

Straight from the horse's ass, if you prefer:

http://www.hairyticksofdune.net/topix/infidel.html (Scroll down to the bottom and see the last three emails.)

It's sad when a hack can use FH's ideas (unreliability of historians) against him like this.
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Spice Must Flow

Postby Spice Must Flow » 30 Dec 2011 20:55

That was an interesting exchange. So I take you never got your "Yes" or "No" answer?

"If you write it, they will believe it. Trust me."
No we won't, princess.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby SandChigger » 31 Dec 2011 07:48

No, no direct answer. But in the sense of "by their silence, they assent", he has essentially confirmed it. And there's really no other way of interpreting his response that I can see; can you see one?

(Btw, I'm pretty sure only Jabecca or one of his cronies gets to call him "princess". ;) :P :lol: )
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Spice Must Flow

Postby Spice Must Flow » 31 Dec 2011 16:28

It'd be hard to interpret it otherwise.
It sounds like he trying to say he's Irulin, and Frank is Paul (but it's actually Brian), giving him permission.

And it sure isn't the real Dune series that was designed for mass consumption.

Return to “˲”