JustSomeGuy

Re: Yet another kja "interview"...

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Fuck you, Kevin J. Anderson.
I bring nothing to the table.
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

It's a very clever marketing ploy actually. Consider 100 books. I'm willing to bet quite a bit that atleast two books in different universes are essentially identical. The 'variety' he musters ensures that no one will read all of his books. I mean, come on, if you're an author who actually meets deadlines, you have to do something to satisfy all your publishers. Why not write the same thing and create some copies and sell them to your various publishers, just replacing words like 'fremen' with 'zerg' or 'jedi'.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Some hack.. sorry, I mean PUBLISHING SUPREMO wrote:TALES OF DUNE—the best-selling book released by http://www.wordfirepress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Best selling? How many downloads?

:P
Yeah I caught that too. I'm willing to chalk it up to a freudian slip...in that he just calls all his work "bestselling". Its obviously an ego-stroking, "self-reminder that he's relevant" type of usage.

Not to mention that Wedding Silk was fireball component* retarded before it introduced fucking 'woodworms'

Yeah the whole "We" are shopping Dune around Hollywood BULLSHIT pissed me off. There is no "We" with KJA and Dune. There is Frank and Dune. And there is KJA and bloodsucking leech-hack pisspants fucktard wannabe.
Perfect Prose TM wrote:it's a story too big to fit into a single book.
Translation: I'm an industrial level hack who put all their skill into padding texts with repetitive or pointless bullshit.

If you squeezed all the content out of the book you might get a novella. It would still be shit, but at least it would be less shit.

* the component in the spell "Fireball" is batshit.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:this oughta shut the SandChigger up about Zeroes of Dune not being a trilogy, as advertised ...
Why? He's said nothing new here that I can see. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

read it again: Zeroes of Dune is now a quadology, or whatever the correct term for
four books of semi-related horseshit is ... see, so like ... fuck you, haters ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Actually, didn't he say they were unrelated texts? Maybe someone at Lucasfilm did read the book, and did contact their lawyers about ripping off the clone army. So calling them independent texts means they won't be going back to deal with Shaddam & the Gholas....

...and why do I even give a damn. It's not like they were going to do anything constructive with Dune.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

PAUL OF DUNE, WINDS OF DUNE, THRONE OF DUNE, and GOLDEN PATH OF DUNE/LETO OF DUNE are four individual, separate novels "inquels" that fill in the gaps between Frank Herbert's original novels. They don't form a straightforward, interconnected story like the Schools of Dune trilogy does.
okay, whatevs ... anyway, fuck you, haters !!
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He's been squirting that particular stream of shit out of his facial anus since the Heroes tetralogy was cancelled. That's why I say he's added nothing new to the steaming pile... it's like he picked up some of the shit slush from one part in his mouth and spat it out somewhere else.
Ampoliros wrote:Actually, didn't he say they were unrelated texts? Maybe someone at Lucasfilm did read the book, and did contact their lawyers about ripping off the clone army. So calling them independent texts means they won't be going back to deal with Shaddam & the Gholas....
Hey... that's an interesting take on it. Is Lucas kind-of a prick, too, when it comes to protecting his IP? If true it could be fun: a pricky Clash of the Titans! :P
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Naw Lucasarts is pretty cool about people using their IP.

Not so sure about how they feel about people stealing it though.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

He has a pretty clearly defined system for what is canon, though. Which I think is nice.

My hope is that one day, someone with respect for FH's legacy will come along in the HLP and extablish something similar and lump KJAs squeezings into "Alternate Duniverse/bad fan fiction".
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SandChigger wrote:He's been squirting that particular stream of shit out of his facial anus since the Heroes tetralogy was cancelled. That's why I say he's added nothing new to the steaming pile... it's like he picked up some of the shit slush from one part in his mouth and spat it out somewhere else.

wow, you just cannot admit you're wrong, can you ? I mean, I think Keith was pretty clear from the beginning that the Zeroes Trilogy
(Paul of Dune, Jessica to the Winds of Dune, & Irulan on the Thrones of Dune) was always envisioned as a unrelated series of stand-alone
novels collected into an inter-connected quadology .... this kind of willful ignorance and refusal to admit error is why people call you a
sociopath ....
ImageImage

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Freakzilla wrote:He has a pretty clearly defined system for what is canon, though. Which I think is nice.

My hope is that one day, someone with respect for FH's legacy will come along in the HLP and extablish something similar and lump KJAs squeezings into "Alternate Duniverse/bad fan fiction".

Better to just completely ignore their existence. I'd be up front about it, saying I don't consider anything by a two-bit hack to be canon in one of the most important sci-fi series we have. I'd also say I don't expect anyone to consider my additions to be canon.

There are six Dune books and Frank is their author.
trang

Post by trang »

Ampoliros wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:He has a pretty clearly defined system for what is canon, though. Which I think is nice.

Better to just completely ignore their existence. I'd be up front about it, saying I don't consider anything by a two-bit hack to be canon in one of the most important sci-fi series we have. I'd also say I don't expect anyone to consider my additions to be canon.

There are six Dune books and Frank is their author.
I agree, six dune books, canon. The continued ridicule of the posers(KJA/BH) goes beyond Dune. They continue to put out trash that ruins the purity of DUNE, but doubles on perpetuating the mediocrity in writers, especially in the Sci-fi Genre.

The complete lunacy that KJA alone brings to the table, is mind bending. I fully believe he thinks his trash is on par with the greatest scifi authors of all time. I think he believes because he is prolific and has cash from those scribbling's that makes him great.

The label of soup cans is more interesting and has more depth that ANYTHING this fucktard has put on paper.

I on a daily basis ignore it, but every so often it just strums a nerve and have to vent.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

trang wrote:The label of soup cans is more interesting and has more depth that ANYTHING this fucktard has put on paper.
That's funny. But to be fair, he doesn't actually put anything on paper.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:wow, you just cannot admit you're wrong, can you ? I mean, I think Keith was pretty clear from the beginning that the Zeroes Trilogy
(Paul of Dune, Jessica to the Winds of Dune, & Irulan on the Thrones of Dune) was always envisioned as a unrelated series of stand-alone
novels collected into an inter-connected quadology .... this kind of willful ignorance and refusal to admit error is why people call you a
sociopath ....
:lol:

FROM THE BEGINNING pronouncements are always more convincing when actually made FROM THE BEGINNING. Not two or three years later when the series is cancelled halfway through. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

seriously,tho ... this is the first I've seen him claiming four products ... did I miss a twit ?
Do You still plan to write Throne of Dune and Leto of Dune (two books in Heroes of Dune series) or this project is officially dead?

It's not dead by any means. PAUL OF DUNE, WINDS OF DUNE, THRONE OF DUNE, and GOLDEN PATH OF DUNE/LETO OF DUNE are four individual, separate novels "inquels" that fill in the gaps between Frank Herbert's original novels. They don't form a straightforward, interconnected story like the Schools of Dune trilogy does. We did two of them, and felt that we wanted to go back to a different time period, the post-Jihad universe with many of the familiar characters we had developed in the Butlerian Jihad trilogy. The inquels are somewhat constraining because they have to fit in such a tight time frame, and the Schools trilogy gives us much more freedom. We do intend to go back and do the other two. Brian and I are also writing our HELLHOLE books in between the Schools of Dune novels.
and is it "inquel" or "interquel" ?
and just who would be the arbitrator of these types of horseshit portmanteau concoctions ?

and bless my heart, but I already done forget WTF Jessica to the Winds of Dune was even about ....
it's supposed to be squeezed between Messiah & Children, right ?
so where is this "Throne of Dune" thing going? and why do I think it was originally supposed to be about Irulan?
wasn't there an "Irulan of Dune" title tossed around? what about "Alia of Dune" ?
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

17 July 2010, 9:50 AM
TheKJA: @ksander_n They are all "Heroes of Dune" as a grouping, but it's not a 4-part story. PAUL is separate from WINDS, as will be the other two.
12 July 2010, 9:34 AM
TheKJA: @esjord "Heroes" isn't really a series. 2 more inquels planned, but they're individual novels. We wanted to go back to B-Jihad time period

blahg: 15 July 2010, 9:49 PM
After writing two novels at the far end of the Dune timeline (HUNTERS and SANDWORMS) and two standalone “inquels” closely set within Frank Herbert’s original “Dune” trilogy (PAUL OF DUNE and THE WINDS OF DUNE), we’re going back to the exciting and unexplored territory of the first century after the end of the Butlerian Jihad — a trilogy that explores the formation of the major schools and political organizations that guide and shape the Dune universe.

Over the course of three novels, we’ll describe the formation of the Bene Gesserit, the Mentats, the Suk Doctors, the Spacing Guild and the Navigators, as well as the solidifying of the Corrino imperium. It’s a big story set against the great turmoil of continuing anti-technology fervor and the religious unrest of the C.E.T. The first novel is titled THE SISTERHOOD OF DUNE and will likely be published in early 2012. Anyone who’s attended our talks and signings knows that Brian and I have been planning this series for a long time.

We still have two more inquels to do, after WINDS and PAUL, but those are independent books, and we plan to go back to them later; right now, we found ourselves much more engrossed with this story in the early time period—and a large portion of our fan mail comes from readers asking when they’ll see more of Vorian Atreides.
alrighty,then .... I really have no way of knowing what I was doing in July of 2010, I don't have a search function for that,
but I'll assume I was either drunk or simply ignoring the substance of keith's postings ...
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Inquel or interquel...

Based on the Wikipedia article at the time, I made this diagram to illustrate the various terms a while back...

I can see making a distinction between inquel and interquel: an interquel takes place completely between two other works in the series, while an inquel overlaps chronologically with other works... a "midquel" in the diagram.

Thus far, I don't believe they have actually overlapped, have they? PoD takes place before Dune (Young Paul nonsense) and between Dune and Messiah (The Jihad and Margot Fenring assassination attempt, etc), and WoD occurs before Dune (more Young Paul) and after Messiah. (Was there also inter-Dune-and-Messiah nonsense in Winds? I forget now....) So by the above definitions the two Heroes books thus far have actually been... "distributed interquels" or amphiquels! :P

(I guess I need to update that diagram.)
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Just fuck it. I don't give a damn about intersequels or any of that any more.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think its safer to just call them suckquels.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Agreed then.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Bi-lal kaifa.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:and bless my heart, but I already done forget WTF Jessica to the Winds of Dune was even about ....
it's supposed to be squeezed between Messiah & Children, right ?
Yeah, that one. I think it's the one where Paul runs off to join the circus. No, seriously.
SandRider wrote:so where is this "Throne of Dune" thing going? and why do I think it was originally supposed to be about Irulan?
wasn't there an "Irulan of Dune" title tossed around?
The Throne of Dune was originally going to the called Irulan of Dune. And I think it was also going to be set between Messiah and Children - a direct sequel to WoD, in fact. At least, that's what's been speculated here.
what about "Alia of Dune" ?
I don't recall that ever being a real title. I think Steve Youll (the cover artist for the nu-Dunes) mentioned it once while having a brain fart.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

Jack, dude, you got this shit down. :lol:
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Yeah, for some reason I have a good memory for epic fail. ;)

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks