Yet another kja "interview"...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Re: Yet another kja "interview"...

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Could somebody post a link to that blog post where he trashes his first wife?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Sandwurm88 wrote:Could somebody post a link to that blog post where he trashes his first wife?
:lol: That might be the first time anyone around here asked for more kja writing.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So 'tis.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Not so much a TheHack interview but an "essay" about science fiction ... the audience clearly don't know him yet.

http://h30565.www3.hp.com/t5/Feature-Ar ... p/588#M278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I just don't like him. I don't want to say I hate him- I don't even know the guy! I just don't like him. I don't like him!
I bring nothing to the table.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I know him much, much better than I ever wanted to,
due to his own endless twits and public mouth-breathing,
and I can safely say that, even if he hadn't stuck his tiny
little flaccid pecker into a Classic of American Literature,
I would hate him .... if I would have randomly encountered
him in a bar, without having any idea who or what he was
outside of the bar, I'm pretty sure his evening would have
ended with my boot in his ass ....

I would not, or course, kick his dog ... I would rescue the
poor thing, if possible, before it was eaten by Jabecca ...

altho, the psychological damage suffered by a dog living
in close proximity to such a massive shitheel would most
likely result in the necessity of putting the animal down ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:Its never too late for Brian to reach down and find a pair
:laughing-rolling:

Maybe he should follow Kevin's example: ditch his first wife and marry a second with bigger balls than his own.

Bigger everything, in fact... :?
not sure she's the one with the bigger tits though, and he's the biggest tit that's for sure !
SandRider wrote:I would not, or course, kick his dog ... I would rescue the
I thought you were talking about her
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:I'm pretty sure his evening would have
ended with my boot in his ass ....
Are you really sure you're prepared for all imaginable reactions to that. :hand: :doh:
I would not, or course, kick his dog ... I would rescue the
Do they still have the dog? The one that helped improve House Atrocious by rearranging their note cards? Or did he bite the big one?

(Death, not Jabecca! :P )

I don't recall any recent mentions of the dog... only of cats.

Maybe Jabecca ate the dog? :shock:

Or the kid & wife & kid took it when they finally moved out? :think:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

KJA wrote:And, as I mentioned above, if you liked CAPTAIN NEMO, then you’ll also be interested in MR. WELLS & THE MARTIANS.
That's right boys and girls, the Master of Necro-Sodomy has discovered his true calling! He's discovered a cache of corpses in the public domain!
he also wrote:I have written a hundred novels, and I don’t think I’ve ever put so much research into a single project.
Isn't this the line for every book?
Will there be more Nemo stories or was your novel a ‘one off’?
I didn’t plan this as a series—I pretty much followed Nemo’s life from childhood, and used up all the Verne connections I could find. I want this to be a completely satisfying standalone novel.
Wanna bet?

http://www.fantasybookreview.co.uk/blog ... ober-2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

He's still mentioning his collaboration with Koontz even after Koontz disowned him. I'd get all pissed off about that except that whenever I remember Koontz disowning him, I have to smile.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well Koontz did do the polite thing and take responsibility rather than start some kind of writer's feud. Which of course gives KJA the window to still say they collaborated.

Although it effectively proves my point that to a collector the rarest KJA books are the second editions.

Maybe in my twilight years I'll dig up a &KJA book and the Koontz and do a comparison.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:...to a collector the rarest KJA books are the second editions.
Nice! :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:
Agreed! That's one of the best lines ever!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Agreed! That's one of the best lines ever!
I just did a quick google search for "kevin j anderson second edition", they do seem rare.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Has anyone Tweeted that at him? :lol:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:Has anyone Tweeted that at him? :lol:
How? He has blocked everybody that doesn't suck his dick.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ah, but anyone that searches for Tweets directed at him WILL see it. :twisted: And maybe comment on or reply to it, which will bring it to his attention if it's someone he hasn't blocked. ;)

(And do you really believe that he doesn't peek occasionally? To see what's being said about him? ;) :lol: )
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://www.arrakis.ru/kjainterview2011_eng.shtml

Interview with Kevin J. Anderson

Exclusive interview for our web-site. Answers received on November 11, 2011.

Could You tell us more about your new Dune novel - Sisterhood of Dune?

This is the start of a new trilogy set about 80 years after the Battle of Corrin, after the thinking machines have been defeated and the new Corrino Imperium is just in its fledgling stages. Without machines, the great schools are being formed—the Bene Gesserit, the Mentats, the Spacing Guild, as well as the Suk Doctors and Swordmasters. This story also includes the return of Vorian Atreides as well as Erasmus, two of our most popular characters in the Dune universe. this is also the time period when anti-technology fanatics are trying to destroy all vestiges of advanced technology, whether or not it poses a threat.

Could you give us more details about your next Dune book after Sisterhood. We heard it will be called Mentats of Dune?

This is a trilogy, with the titles likely being SISTERHOOD OF DUNE, MENTATS OF DUNE, and NAVIGATORS OF DUNE. Like our previous Legends of Dune and Prelude to Dune trilogies, they are three books with complex and interconnected storylines, not three individual novels. All of the schools will be in all of the novels, but it's a story too big to fit into a single book. We have outlined part of MENTATS, but Brian and I are working on the final manuscript for HELLHOLE AWAKENING, the second novel in our original SF trilogy.

Why did You choose to write about great schools of Dune instead of Heroes of Dune?

When the thinking machines were gone, this was a time period where humanity had to blossom, to show its skills and powers without using the crutch of machines...although the fanatics want to destroy far too much and bring about a new dark ages. We always felt that the formation of the Bene Gesserit, the Navigators, and other key elements of the Dune universe was a very interesting story to tell.

Do You still plan to write Throne of Dune and Leto of Dune (two books in Heroes of Dune series) or this project is officially dead?

It's not dead by any means. PAUL OF DUNE, WINDS OF DUNE, THRONE OF DUNE, and GOLDEN PATH OF DUNE/LETO OF DUNE are four individual, separate novels "inquels" that fill in the gaps between Frank Herbert's original novels. They don't form a straightforward, interconnected story like the Schools of Dune trilogy does. We did two of them, and felt that we wanted to go back to a different time period, the post-Jihad universe with many of the familiar characters we had developed in the Butlerian Jihad trilogy. The inquels are somewhat constraining because they have to fit in such a tight time frame, and the Schools trilogy gives us much more freedom. We do intend to go back and do the other two. Brian and I are also writing our HELLHOLE books in between the Schools of Dune novels.

Recently you published a new dune short story "Wedding Silk". Can we expect more stories from you and Brian?

We've already published quite a few Dune short stories that tell interesting side-tales and connect some of the other projects: Hunting Harkonnens, Whipping Mek, Faces of a Martyr, and A Whisper of Caladan Seas (all collected in THE ROAD TO DUNE), and Sea Child, Treasure in the Sand, and now Wedding Silk, all collected in TALES OF DUNE—the best-selling book released by http://www.wordfirepress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. As we write our big novels, sometimes we think of a story we want to write that doesn't fit into the overall structure of the novel, so we set it aside and write it as a separate story. Now, with the advent of e-publishing, we can make the stories available worldwide instantly, and for a reasonable price. We may be doing more, but nothing in the works right now.

We heard that you plan to come back to the Seven Suns universe. Could you tell us more about this project?

I am now re-reading all seven novels in the original Saga of Seven Suns series, just to refresh my memory. (Brian Herbert tells of how his father would reread the Dune novels with a yellow highlighter pen to mark the passages he particularly wanted to remember before writing a new Dune novel.) I will be writing a "next generation" trilogy, THE SAGA OF SHADOWS, which takes place 20 years after the end of THE ASHES OF WORLDS, with some familiar characters, some new ones, and an even bigger crisis that threatens to destroy the universe. I also just wrote the original prequel to Saga of Seven Suns, VEILED ALLIANCES, which is available at http://www.wordfirepress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

It is very sad that Universal lost rights to produce a new Dune movie. Are there any chance that other studio will helm this project?

Hollywood is a very complicated place. We continued to have interest from various studios on the project, and we'll keep trying. we will keep our fingers crossed and hope that something is in the works soon.

What other projects are You working on?

Other than the Saga of Shadows, I am also working with Brian on HELLHOLE AWAKENING. My novel about Jules Verne, CAPTAIN NEMO, was just reissued in the US and the UK, and I have an original new hard-SF novella with a sequel written by my friend Steve Savile, TAU CETI, which is available worldwide as an eBook and in print at http://www.PPickings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there a future for DUNE in other media such as TV or comic books?

Again, we're pursuing many different ways to bring the Dune universe to a wider audience, and we are definitely interested in both TV and graphic novels, but nothing to announce just yet.

best,
KJA
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

:puke:
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Why keep they insisting that these commercial blurbs are interviews? It's all copy-pasta from the same old blurbs we have read a thousand times before. :puke: ... indeed.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

this oughta shut the SandChigger up about Zeroes of Dune not being a trilogy, as advertised ...
Last edited by SandRider on 14 Nov 2011 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

The Saga of Seven Suns is my love-letter to the genre of science fiction, a big epic that I spent about eight years writing (and now I’m just about to start a new trilogy set in the same universe, twenty years after The Ashes Of Worlds). It has a huge cast of characters, hundreds of planets, a war among races on a galactic scale (not to mention alien races, monsters, space battles, ancient abandoned cities, killer robots, exploding planets and stars). What more could you want? I plotted the epic from start to finish, all seven volumes, and delivered the volumes on time, every single year. It’s really a huge scope, and I loved living there. I think it shows the scale of what science fiction can be.
:lol:

What a damned waste of earthly resources.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
trang

Post by trang »

that right there is about enough to piss me off all over again.

In questions about Dune books that he is writing, he mentions(without any reason) at least 3 times that he and brian are writing Hellhole shit, who cares?

He is asked about the Heroes series (not a trilogy now) and he says that they are "inquels" and two constraining to write in. They were wanting to go back to earlier times so they have more freedom to write (more horsehit)!!!!Fucking Hell!!

The the most infuriating, asking KJA about the new Dune Movie and other media ventures??WTF?? sounding like he has a vote in the process??? have we achieved the HLP(whatever form it is) is now KJA at the head? GodEmperor save us please.

last thing I had read was these two twits were far flung fringe consultants for the movie at best, rarely to be consulted.

KJA is such a douchebag................................FRAK!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I try to not read this shit, it just makes me angry, and I'm tired of being angry!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Some hack.. sorry, I mean PUBLISHING SUPREMO wrote:TALES OF DUNE—the best-selling book released by http://www.wordfirepress.com.
Best selling? How many downloads?

:P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -